A Ballroom Dance

King Kevz

All world leaders are invited to attend a ballroom dance in Pax Pacis at the behest of a Lady Laura Kingswell. With all the latest problems and wars that have graced our globe it is time for everyone to enjoy themselves and for one night at least to experience peace and tranquilty that we at Pax Pacis will provide. It is asked that all guests please leave any political and personal views at the door and just take the time to enjoy themselves. Thank you.

mcowc_phototour52.jpg

The Ballroom

--------

Inside one of the ballroom's wing sections was a long corridor filled with dressing rooms for which the guests could use to change in however, for now they were all empty except for one. In one of them a humming sound could be heard gently flowing out from one of the doors, the person making the sound was defiantly a woman and most likely a young woman at that. This assumption was correct as inside the dressing Lady Kingswell was listening to the sweet sound of Moonlight Sonata by Ludwig van Beethoven and was dancing across the room in her ballroom dress its edges sweeping just above the floor. The dress itself was a piece of sheer genius by its designer. The dress was quite formal and didn't reveal the chest as much as a lot of dresses did and it had been made and coloured in such a way that its dark colour of midnight black would bring out the face and features of its wearer. This coupled with the fact of the white colouring that had been applied to Lady Kingswell's face brought out the beauty in the young lady.

The young woman's dancing was brought to an end before it should have by a sharp trio of heavy knocks on her dressing room's door. Striding across to the door with grace she pulled it open to reveal the young man who stood on the other side who gasped without control and for a moment forgot about what he had to say before he regained his compsure. "My lady" he said bowing before her, "the ballroom is prepared and your presence would be most appreciated to greet the guests as they arrive and I have been told to ask if you have selected the opening song to be played?" the young man finished and rose and was once again shocked by Lady Kingswell's beauty. Ignoring the proper protocal that should have been in place Lady Kingswell raised the young man's hand and kissed it gently to his surprise before replying. "Yes I have I wish for this song Moonlight Sonata to be played". "As you wish my lady" replied the young servant and he bowed deeply and walked away to ensure her request was carried out. Taking a deep breath and taking a few minutes to finish with her eyelashes Lady Laura Kingswell left her dressing room and walked down the corridor into the ballroom where she could already hear Moonlight Sonata being played.

Now she waited by the entrance ready to greet any guests that did arrive.

Edited by King Kevz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I will attend personally. I hope you don't mind if i dress a little less...formally, though."

~General Davies.

----

This was his second visit to this nation, though most people wouldn't know it, as the last time had been a classified occurance. Still, he hadn't seen much, and so needed to be directed to the location in question.

With him was one man, ostensibly as his bodyguard. And indeed, the man was quite capable of acting in that capacity if needed.

"I will attend personally. I hope you don't mind if i dress a little less...formally, though."

~General Davies.

----

This was his second visit to this nation, though most people wouldn't know it, as the last time had been a classified occurance. Still, he hadn't seen much, and so needed to be directed to the location in question.

With him was one man, ostensibly as his bodyguard. And indeed, the man was quite capable of acting in that capacity if needed.

"Do not worry my lord there is very little dress code required for this event as long as you wear somethign a but smarter than a track suit. Lady Kingswell herself has stated how she looks forward to your visit".

"Oh for the...all right."

Davies sighed. He supposed his aides deserved one concession. Though he was wearing his outback fatigues, he had consented to let them pin at least a small medal in the insignia of his rank to the right shoulder of his uniform.

----

He pulled up in front of the place where he'd been told the dance was to take place. He hadn't expected a large greeting, In fact, he was kind of relieved when there hadn't been.

Paying the taxi driver, he got out after his 'bodyguard' had casually swept his gaze over the area. How he could do that with the bill of his cap down, masking his eyes, Davies could not fathom, but somehow, he must have managed, because he turned to the General and nodded. together they stepped forward to enter the building...

Lady Laura Kingswell was barely able to keep a very undiplomatic grin from crossing her face as she watched General Davies and what must have been a bodyguard from crossing into the building. Gracefully making her way across the short distance with her dress gliding along she walked the few steps and curtsied before General Davies and then took his hand placing it to her lips before letting it fall back to his side. "General thank you for attending it is good to see you again" said Laura with a polite simple smile.

He smiled, genuinely happy to be here, and, considering the occasion, offered a semi-formal court bow, winking as he rose again.

"I am glad to see you, too." He gave her an approving nod, and smiled. "I must say that dress suits you rather well."

The guard himself refused to look up and meet anyone's eyes, preferring to remain anonymous for the time being.

"Thank you General please call me Valerie as I feel that I no longer need to hide behind a false name. Now I have food and drink prepared to the sides if you are hungry or thirsty. So far you are the only guest to arrive so I must stay here and greet anymore that do come but maybe later we could spend a dance together?" asked Valerie as she smiled at the General's comment.

"Thank you General please call me Valerie as I feel that I no longer need to hide behind a false name. Now I have food and drink prepared to the sides if you are hungry or thirsty. So far you are the only guest to arrive so I must stay here and greet anymore that do come but maybe later we could spend a dance together?" asked Valerie as she smiled at the General's comment.

"Understood, Valerie. I would be delighted to dance with with you." His smile was still firmly in place as he moved on into the room, to make way for any other arriving guests.

It seemed that world leaders still mistrusted her or didn't care to take the time out for a simple ballroom dance. It was disappointing but she should have expected it as she knew well enough that she wasn't even a nation leader anymore still the General Davies had attended so at least she could spend the night with him and of course a man named Louis Egon had sent a message saying her would be attending though he hadn't arrived so far. Leaving a servant to stay behind to greet any other guests that would be arriving Valerie glided away from the entrance across the floor to where the General waited. Smiling to him in a way to showed little but revealed a lot about how she felt about him she held out her arm for him "It seems General that the night belongs to just you and me. Care for that dance?"

*A quick message was sent to the Lady Laura Kingswell*

To Lady Laura Kingswell,

I regret for not being able to RSVP sooner, however work has drawn my attention. Myself and Avita Karnikov; Head Minister of Medicine and Science would be most delighted to join your dance. We am on my way.

Emperor Sammyace Kintober

Even as the message was sent, Kintober was on his personal plane, a modified AC-130. A relaxing time is just what he needed, he told himself. He enjoyed his work, but sometimes he needed a break. He was also looking forward to spending time with Avita, who was currently dozing on his shoulder.

*A quick message was sent to the Lady Laura Kingswell*

Even as the message was sent, Kintober was on his personal plane, a modified AC-130. A relaxing time is just what he needed, he told himself. He enjoyed his work, but sometimes he needed a break. He was also looking forward to spending time with Avita, who was currently dozing on his shoulder.

"This is excellant news and Lady Laura, sorry Lady Valerie Kingswell welcomes both you and Avita Karnikov to the dance. Currently Lady Kingswell is engaged but you shall be met by one of her servants at the ballroom just follow the directions from the airport".

It seemed that world leaders still mistrusted her or didn't care to take the time out for a simple ballroom dance. It was disappointing but she should have expected it as she knew well enough that she wasn't even a nation leader anymore still the General Davies had attended so at least she could spend the night with him and of course a man named Louis Egon had sent a message saying her would be attending though he hadn't arrived so far. Leaving a servant to stay behind to greet any other guests that would be arriving Valerie glided away from the entrance across the floor to where the General waited. Smiling to him in a way to showed little but revealed a lot about how she felt about him she held out her arm for him "It seems General that the night belongs to just you and me. Care for that dance?"

"Of course," he said. He had, after all, promised her a dance, and so took her arm and gently led her out onto the dance floor.

He wasn't blind--he could see how she was looking at him. But he had promised, and as he was really the only guest here so far, it would be rude to ignore his host--he didn't want to hurt her feelings. And he had to admit, at least to himself, that she was an attractive--nay, beautiful young woman.

His smile betrayed little of his thoughts as they began their dance.

Valerie allowed herself to be led across the ballroom and onto the dance floor and she signaled from the band she had hired for the night to begin to play something slow and steady. Satisfied with the band she turned her attention back to the General and she gracefully placed one arm around his waist whilst stretching out her other arm to encircle Davies' hand with her own and placed her head across his chest and began to pull him through a slow dance making sure that her head never left his chest. Sighing with a pleasure she turned her gaze upwards and smiled whilst speaking "Don't you find this relaxing General?" she asked with a purr.

He, in turn, placed one arm around her shoulder, with the hand on the middle of her back. The other hand he linked with her own.

Even with her head against his chest, he heard her quiet sigh, and his smile became less a thing he had on because he had to wear it, and more something he wanted to be there. Especially when she turned her eyes up at him and spoke in that voice. it almost sent shivers down his spine, a not-altogether unpleasant sensation.

"Yes...yes, I think I do." He hadn't been exactly tense when he'd first come here, but he hadn't been completely free of his worries. That was no longer the case, and what tenseness was left in his body simply vanished. Enough that he felt free to make an unprompted comment. "It's been a long time since I've done anything like this."

Kintober and Avita had arrived and left the airport, reaching the ballroom in fairly short order. Avita was wearing in a modest, yet beautiful blue and purple dress. Kintober, however dressed as his personality would dictate. Absolutely insane. He wore a white leather overcoat, and had on a pale-green three-piece pinstripe suit. In addition to the suit, he wore a pair of 1930s style white striped shoes. His headgear consisted of a color inverted tophat, with the body being white and the headband being black. Perhaps the most strange looking piece of clothing Kintober wore was his tie. It was black, except for a smily-face with piranha teeth and the word "Smile" imprinted on it. Overall, his clothing gave off a vague "depression-era gangsters suit" feeling. If you took of the top hat, and changed the clothes but not the colors, he would look like he was wearing a doctor's overcoat and scrubs.

He gave the top hat and overcoat to a servant, and with Avita in hand, strode off to the dance floor. Without so much as a nod to Davis or Valerie, he led Avita in a slow dance.

Edited by DrKintobor

He, in turn, placed one arm around her shoulder, with the hand on the middle of her back. The other hand he linked with her own.

Even with her head against his chest, he heard her quiet sigh, and his smile became less a thing he had on because he had to wear it, and more something he wanted to be there. Especially when she turned her eyes up at him and spoke in that voice. it almost sent shivers down his spine, a not-altogether unpleasant sensation.

"Yes...yes, I think I do." He hadn't been exactly tense when he'd first come here, but he hadn't been completely free of his worries. That was no longer the case, and what tenseness was left in his body simply vanished. Enough that he felt free to make an unprompted comment. "It's been a long time since I've done anything like this."

"You should do this more often its relaxing and if it makes a certain young lady feel wanted and safe that is also good don't you think?" replied Valerie with a hint of sadness crossing her tone before she focused on following Davies' steps as well as holding him to her as lovingly as she could. It was the first time she had ever truly danced and it felt wonderful and to dance with the man she felt was meant to be her one true love made it even more sweeter.

Hun Sen Shall be attending personally.

--------------------------------------------------

After a short Flight from Phnom Penh, Hun Sen Arrived in Pax Pacis. He took a short ride from the Airport and arrived at the Ball room.

"Greetings my lord the Lady Kingswell is currently engaged in a dance with the General Davies, we have provided a buffet of food and drink if your require them and there are many over lesser lords and ladies that you may meet with in the ballroom as I am sure that Lady Kingswell will get to meeting with you".

Kintober and Avita had arrived and left the airport, reaching the ballroom in fairly short order. Avita was wearing in a modest, yet beautiful blue and purple dress. Kintober, however dressed as his personality would dictate. Absolutely insane. He wore a white leather overcoat, and had on a pale-green three-piece pinstripe suit. In addition to the suit, he wore a pair of 1930s style white striped shoes. His headgear consisted of a color inverted tophat, with the body being white and the headband being black. Perhaps the most strange looking piece of clothing Kintober wore was his tie. It was black, except for a smily-face with piranha teeth and the word "Smile" imprinted on it. Overall, his clothing gave off a vague "depression-era gangsters suit" feeling. If you took of the top hat, and changed the clothes but not the colors, he would look like he was wearing a doctor's overcoat and scrubs.

He gave the top hat and overcoat to a servant, and with Avita in hand, strode off to the dance floor. Without so much as a nod to Davis or Valerie, he led Avita in a slow dance.

The servant took the coat and top hat to a secured holding area where the items would be heavily watched over to ensure no thefts occured. Meanwhile on the dance floor Valerie guided Davies to the side of the floor so that the new couple had room to dance and so she could be in private with her man.

President Kyle Lucas and his wife, Abigail Lucas, will attend. We hope you do not mind if we bring an armed guard.

"Whilst it is felt that an armed guard is not needed we have no problems with you bringing them along".

OOC: How do my characters get into these situations? ^_^ Oh, wait, I put them there... :blush:

"You should do this more often its relaxing and if it makes a certain young lady feel wanted and safe that is also good don't you think?" replied Valerie with a hint of sadness crossing her tone before she focused on following Davies' steps as well as holding him to her as lovingly as she could. It was the first time she had ever truly danced and it felt wonderful and to dance with the man she felt was meant to be her one true love made it even more sweeter.

OOC: How do my characters get into these situations? ^_^ Oh, wait, I put them there... :blush:

IC: He carefully considered her words. Apparently, her offer last time hadn't been just a one-time thing, her feeling grateful for the assistance he had promised her nation. Or maybe it had and it had simply had time to become something else? Either way, it was clear that he had encountered something here he hadn't expected. Something he wasn't sure how to react to. Last time he had told her she reminded him of his daughter, and while that still held true to a certain extent, it was very clear she was her own person.

"I never thought about it that way," he admitted, in a tone that indicated he was half-teasing. He was trying to lighten her mood, having picked up on the subtle change in her speech.

Despite his positive tone, his own smile waned somewhat. She was obviously attracted to him, and if he admitted it to himself, the feeling was mutual, but what could he really offer her? Especially considering the news he'd gotten just a week ago...no, he was not going to dwell on that. This was supposed to be a time to relax, to enjoy himself and leave the world's worries behind for a little while.

His voice took on a slightly more serious tone. "You are right, of course," he agreed. He was not going to reject her out of hand, at least for tonight.

OOC: Ive had this planned for a long time subtle there is no escaping your destiney :P Now time to see whose heart must be broken.

IC: Valerie smiled in joy as she heard the words that she wanted to hear flow from Davies' and she turned around suddenly in his arms and placed both hands on the side of his head and gazed into his eyes, her own were full of love and of fear. "General I am young but I know what my heart desires and I know it desires you. I have desired you, I have been in love with you since I first laid eyes upon you and I need you now more than ever. My love" spoke Valerie as she closed her eyes and leaned in to kiss General Davies on his lips with a heart and soul full of love and need.

OOC: Is that a serious post RV? Cause if it is I will have to edit mine I guess.

Edited by King Kevz

OOC: Ive had this planned for a long time subtle there is no escaping your destiney :P Now time to see whose heart must be broken.

IC: Valerie smiled in joy as she heard the words that she wanted to hear flow from Davies' and she turned around suddenly in his arms and placed both hands on the side of his head and gazed into his eyes, her own were full of love and of fear. "General I am young but I know what my heart desires and I know it desires you. I have desired you, I have been in love with you since I first laid eyes upon you and I need you now more than ever. My love" spoke Valerie as she closed her eyes and leaned in to kiss General Davies on his lips with a heart and soul full of love and need.

OOC: Oh really? :o Hmm...

IC: His own eyes widened in surprise and shock. Evidently he had more to learn about women, or was it just this woman in particular? In either case, he had not expected such a strong reaction so quickly. Could she really be in love with an old man like him? Well, perhaps not old, but he was in his late fourties, so...

'Oh, stop being so analytical. You're being kissed, you idiot,' he berated himself in his thoughts. 'For once, stop reacting to shock by analyzing the situation.' The smile that had momentarily disappeared returned even as he briefly returned the kiss. however, he pulled away, undoubtedly much sooner than eithwer of them would have wished.

"Not that I wasn't enjoying the kiss," he assured her, "but you do realize other guests have arrived?" he indicated that the room wasn't as empty as it had been when he arrived.

OOC: How's that? :D