If you could pick your resources...

enderland

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh the problem with uranium is that unless you have the NPP it doesn't provide any income and you can't temp away yoru native resources (why I don't like my native marble :P).

That is however why I have Coal on my first choice pair ^_^

I rolled coal/iron, something I've always been happy with. It's nice having a built in bonus even if I can't get the top population boost circles.

The only combo I'd like more would probably be something with aluminum because in my experience, it's always quite hard to find.

Glad I have lumber/water. I think I'd go with any two of wheat/lumber/aluminum if I had the choice though.

Basically anything that contributes to beer.

Edited by Drai

Aluminum and iron, no contest.

When filling trade rings the aluminum and iron are almost always the two hardest to come up with.

I rolled fish and lumber which is awesome too, but if i ever got the chance to pick (I'd be a great donation incentive :D) I'd do aluminum iron.

[edit]Also, why are so many people picking wheat over fish?

Because Wheat fits into the 3bg set without being a wildcard (necessary for Beer). Fish, while a great resource, is forced to take up a wildcard spot in such a circle.

Alden, I can understand your choice of resources, for temp trade purposes.... but for most people it would be difficult to find stable trades with those resources, let alone temp trades.

Anything that fits into the 3BR set. Uranium is good so you don't get the negative effect from it... also, something that also fits into the affluent population set and industrial set. Maybe pigs+wheat since they give population boost and are needed for almost any resoruce set. Population boost is awesome.