The Alliance Guide Threads

EvenStar

Alliance Guide Threads  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some time ago the Alliance Guide thread for SE was cleared and started again with a request that alliances re-submit their entries. I noticed that many alliances have never bothered to re-submit an entry and that it does not accurately reflect the current alliances the game has to offer. I also decided to create a tournment edition specific alliance guide entry and have found that has had so few entries i wonder if anyone is actually reading it. So i decided to ask you directly, do you ever read them?

I've looked at them, once.

Pretty much this.

I don't think they'd be a huge help for people that frequent the boards and have formed opinions on alliances, but they could be pretty useful for a brand new player trying to find a home and sort though the mass of PM offers.

Though, I can't remember if the welcome to CN PM included where that thread was and what it was.

i've been here for 3 years and don't really know what you're talking about. those things people got in trouble for constantly bumping?

Same here.

tbh though I have wasted so much of my life on this game that I forget what it's like to not know how to do basically everything related to CN mechanic wise ><

What are Alliance Guide threads? Anyone got a link? If you mean Alliance Recruitment Threads, I've never used them to find an alliance (although I do bump my own, very occasionally).

I think he's referring to this: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=41409

Personally, I forgot these still existed till now.

Some interesting results here. Many of you hold the assumption that the threads are useful to someone, yet most of you admitted to never having used them yourself.

Unfortunately the guide threads don't get enough views or enough entries to warrant their existence. This thread hasn't even had that much attention in all fairness. Result is the alliance guides are being removed. The player created alliance forums will still exist and alliances can create their own recruitment thread and keep it active (please note this is within reason). I feel this is a more representative way to show new players what alliances are recruiting.

Thanks to all those who participated in this poll.