Treaty Cancellation

vecrest23ev.png

With the 5 day cancellation period completed, the MDoAP between the Viridian Entente and FIRE is considered canceled. Reasons have been given in private.

We wish FIRE success in their future.

AS6veGreatSeal.gif

Cornelius, Lord

Sol, Duke

Caspian, Secretary of State

God of Salt, Secretary of Interior

Smooth, Secretary of Defense

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh.

I kinda could tell what happened with Ragnarok falling apart, as the general tone was about the treaty being the result of friendship with Carter.

But wasnt VE supposed to have a higher criteria for establishing such a treaty other than "'Cause we like diz d00d"?

But wasnt VE supposed to have a higher criteria for establishing such a treaty other than "'Cause we like diz d00d"?

I thought so too. I guess I must have been wrong. This was the one treaty I was actually expecting we would keep. Nice to know that as soon as a little bit of internal drama happens in an alliance, everyone decides to drop treaties with that alliance. It tells you a lot about Planet Bob.

I thought so too. I guess I must have been wrong. This was the one treaty I was actually expecting we would keep. Nice to know that as soon as a little bit of internal drama happens in an alliance, everyone decides to drop treaties with that alliance. It tells you a lot about Planet Bob.

You can't honestly be surprised that treaties are signed for such flimsy reasons, can you? :P

You have more than "A bit of internal drama" you ended up with a fairly sever change in government following a diplomatic cluster $%&@.

Edit so I don't double post.

No, I just expect better from an alliance I respect, like VE.

We don't hate you, we just are not sure of where you are going now, ask us again after you've settled down. You are an unknown to us currently and we'd be fools to hold a high level treaty with an unknown quantity.

Edited by TypoNinja

Huh.

I kinda could tell what happened with Ragnarok falling apart, as the general tone was about the treaty being the result of friendship with Carter.

this treaty was established to give The Syndicate a better strategic position going into the war. VE needed this treaty to take some pressure off of them and it did its job beautifully. It also prevented The Syndicate from having to go to war with IRON, who would have trashed us. We got an easy war, and VE got some needed relief.

not surprised this treaty lasted such a short time.

You have more than "A bit of internal drama" you ended up with a fairly sever change in government following a diplomatic cluster $%&@.

There was a one member change in government. The rest was pretty much the same, besides regents being promoted. That's hardly a sever change in government. While it was a diplomatic cluster $%&@, I noticed that none of our allies seemed to want to help in any way, shape or form. We didn't even hear from VE until the next day. People from MCXA were asking me about it before VE was.

There was a one member change in government. The rest was pretty much the same, besides regents being promoted. That's hardly a sever change in government. While it was a diplomatic cluster $%&@, I noticed that none of our allies seemed to want to help in any way, shape or form. We didn't even hear from VE until the next day. People from MCXA were asking me about it before VE was.

Although that still doesnt address the larger point of:

"Why have such a substantial treaty based upon a single person in the government? Shouldnt there be a bit of a stronger bond involved?"

This is kind of the root of the problem you had, lack of communication, Carter did talk to us after, no surprise he didn't tell the rest of his gov anything after the fact, he didn't tell anyone before the fact either.

Although that still doesnt address the larger point of:

"Why have such a substantial treaty based upon a single person in the government? Shouldnt there be a bit of a stronger bond involved?"

I agree, however I would hope that an alliance would be willing to start a friendship off the existing treaty if it made the mistake of signing because of one person in the first place.

Any kindof questionable leadership, regardless of who it is makes a fairly bad imprint on ones Alliance.

And considering the gravity of who it was and everything thereof, we had to make the right call and I support our Parliament fully on this decision and have been for awhile now.

I agree, however I would hope that an alliance would be willing to start a friendship off the existing treaty if it made the mistake of signing because of one person in the first place.

We are entirely willing to be friends with the new FIRE, (considering the autocratic power Carter held previously, any government without him becomes very different) but the friendship needs to come before the military treaties.

Edited by TypoNinja