CDS, 3 years old

Shadow Slayer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully doubt that the OP cared so much about the details as much as the spirit of the announcement.

...and I just remembered you were in CDS. Explains a few things. :mellow:

He was also a traitor. But that's another story.

On to happy things again.... yay CDS, I miss you, etc.

Good to see you guys. :wub: D34th :wub:, I looked for you when we were making the post, but ya weren't on IRC.

I remember almost joining CDS when I started playing CN in 2006, mainly because I was on the black team and the name of the alliance sounded cool. I ended up joining GOONS instead and I fought a few blokes from CDS in GW3, iirc. It was clear to me even back then that it was a dying alliance, given the half-hearted nature of their attack on us.

RIP CDS.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

We actually have our IRC channel still, #CDS on coldfront

We celebrate the community that is 3 years old rather than the alliance itself, the bonds formed in CDS, at least for me, never went away.

Don't expect much to happen in the IRC channel but a few of us hang out there, mostly myself, rab, schills(even though he's not an ex member but eh, who cares)

We had a good run, made good friends and all around miss it.

edit: umar, yeah GW3 you guys rolled us hard, it was epic.

Edited by Edjaal

I believe I won an election for one of your minister positions.

Yeah you did. We (well I actually) also appointed a GOON as Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs once :P

Actually I found this back while looking for the smith signature: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/bar...aniswinning.jpg

except cds ISN'T 3 years old, and has been dead for quite some time.

Stop being so negative

Pfffft, Maroon was nothing compared to black, and Smith belonged to us. After all, which one of us had our forum name changed to "Smith's Electric Happyland"?

Can't find back my old Smithism signature.

EDIT:

Just found it again:

smithismcopy.jpg

It would have been much smarter, and 100% more accurate had you and the OP said that it is the 3rd anniversary of CDS' founding. Seeing a show it's dead and all, you can't call it a birthday.

CDS Community still exists though.

o/ CDS

Edited by bart416

I LOVED CGS/CDS.

I remember the good times when I was GATO's ambassador to you guys, and Rambo and Filipinoboi almost got me to join you guys.

CDS was the BOMB.

As a member of this alliance for 8 days, back in 2007, I honestly can't believe the CGS/CDS survived for 3 years, let alone 1. The CDS have been on the verge of collapse so many times - and indeed, go over the verge on occasion. Seriously, how did you do it?

as the OP stated, this is commemoration of the founding of CDS. CDS has been disbanded for 2 or so years now.

Edited by Bobby Fischer

as the OP stated, this is commemoration of the founding of CDS. CDS has been disbanded for 2 or so years now.

Ah I see. I just got back in the door and saw everyone reviving dead alliances and jumped to assumptions.

Ah I see. I just got back in the door and saw everyone reviving dead alliances and jumped to assumptions.

If anybody revives CDS we'll have to do something about that...

Anyway, where is the damned beer? Anniversary and no beer :|

Well considering all the reformations recently i would not be upset to see CDS re-emerge.

Highly Unlikely. It would never match up the original as most of us formers have departed. I'd like to see an alliance that held the same ideals CDS had spring up somewhere without the poor efficiency. Hmm. Sounds, Fun.