Darkness and Light

mykep

"You seem to need to be shown how weak you are, because you dont understand how pathetic you look until the fight is brought to you. A coward hiding within a coward is all I see. You wait for the world's approval when the world should wait for yours."

He bows sacrasticlly

"My empress, I have a message for you."

He wips his head up and mounts the rapier over his head like a javelin. He throws it strangly inaccurate past her left shoulder only for it to be caught by the bannister of the balcony. The distraction was just enough. As she turned her head to face him again, with her stance broken, he hooked her in the cheek, knocking her to the ground. He kicks her rapier off the balcony as she spits out blood.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk."

He circles her.

"THE PROTECTOR OF PEACE. NOTHING WITHOUT HER SUBJECTS."

He looks back at her, and gets down on one knee and yanking her pony tail to have her face look at him.

"Maybe not in your mind, but everyone else judges. Everyone. You'll be a monster and you'll be killed in the name of peace someday. All your work will go down the drain just like the blood I spilt will slip away with the rain. You may not be as bad as I am right now, but hey... I'm just the messenger."

He let her go, and went back inside to retrieve his bloody sword.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarah lay on her hands and knees, the water running around her and a steady stream of blood dripping from her mouth to the stone floor below her. Her hands shook in rage, her entire body in fact. Indeed, she felt like she was going to burst from her clothes and her skin at any moment. Mykep's rapier still balanced on the border of the balcony. His back was turned as he walked back to the ballroom. Sarah jumped up and grabbed the rapier from the banister and walked back into the ballroom.

Lightning flashed suddenly as Sarah's figure was silhouetted against the flashing sky. Her eyes glowed like hellfire as the blood from the Archon's attack dripped from her mouth. Thunder rolled, lightning struck, and the rain blew in from the outside, covering her in a mystical shield of Mother Nature's Fury, Her Fury, Her Pain, Her Suffering. Mykep was right, there was no love anymore, the world had proven that no more love existed, perhaps a few enclaves, but nothing more than that. Flashing again, the Archon turned around, to a figure he had never seen before. There was no emotion in her face, no love in her eyes. The sapphire gems had been replaced with brilliant onyx and her pallor seemed to only reflect the light further.

"I'm not finished with you yet! I only see a coward who strikes a woman when she is down! You WILL answer for what you have done as the world will answer for what it has done."

She undid her ponytail as her hair blew violently in the breeze, amidst another flash of lightning.

His back still turned, he picked up its sword, a much heavier, and much stronger sword than her rapier. He dragged it to the center. of the ballroom, facing Sarah 10 feet away. He smiled crookedly again and laughed obnoxiously.

"I dont care if you're a woman since you are much more. I'd finish this duel properly but you seem to think that my sword wont cut through yours like butter. So tell me, how do you plan to finish this, considering your subjects arent here."

He raised his hands and twirled within the moments of lightening coming in through the darkened windows,

"ONE ON ONE. NEVER BEFORE DONE BY A HANSA."

He stopped facing her again. The lights flickered and the chandelier shook with a roaring thunder heard from the open door to the balcony.

"Shouldnt you seek the world's approval first? Hesitate and contimplate every simple move? Or is this the new Sarah that I have been dying to see?

Edited by mykep

"Always have an ace up your sleeve." She snickered. "That's what my father always told me." Sarah reached into her coat and pulled out a .38 caliber pistol, coated in nickel, with the Hanseatic coat-of-arms on the hilt and fired two shots into Mykep's legs. The Archon looked up at her in surprise at the move.

"I never once said that I would play fair with you. You invaded my house, you killed my servants, and now you will die." Sarah walked towards him and held the rapier in front of her. "I guess I should congratulate you, for transforming me into something...something greater than myself...something stronger...something more powerful. A messenger indeed."

Her eyes sparkled with madness as she approached him slowly.

writhing in pain, Mykep was down on his knees, holding himself up by the weight of the sword. He looked at Sarah, standing over him. She seemed like a massive dark figure, clouding his vision with her shadow overpowering him. Everything became fuzzy. He attempted to stand up, but blood emptied out of the wounds in his legs and filled up his wet jeans. He laughed, but it was faint and painful. He looked up at his foe and deemed himself successful.

"You're one of a kind, Sarah. Make the best of your new found talent. Life isnt fair, you shouldnt be either. Give me this one last request. Give this.. to Charli."

Her gaurd went down, and so did her sword. Her hand reached out for the message, but Mykep pulled out not only a note, but a dagger. As one hand handed the dagger, the other used Mykep's body to forcefully push through the pain into Sarah's chest. But the weak and wounded legs were unable to keep thier lunge straight, and ended up stabbing the pelvis. The crack of thunder shook the furniture and the floor. The electricity went out and only the flickerling lightening and the full moon lit up the room. He fell to his hands and knees, as Sarah fell backwards. Out of breathe and ready for his fate, He looked downwards into the pool of blood and rainwater, searching for his note, but could not see it in the darkness.

Slowly, he looked up at Sarah, he stumbled to the floor. He cackled as loud as he could. It echoed through the halls and overpowered the thunder. His body numbed and the adrenaline rush ended. He reached for the sword to pull himself up one last time...

Sarah screamed in pain as she stumbled backwards as the blood immediately began to run from her inner thighs. She knew that it wasn't a mortal blow, but there was no doubt that he had damaged certain organs that would, make life difficult for the next few months if not for the rest of her life. But that wasn't important now, nothing was important, just ridding the world of this rat that was trying to once again crawling across her floor. She started to laugh, quietly at first, with pain in her voice. Then the laugh built up strength, her eyes glowing as another lightning strike threw the room into chaos. Just as Mykep's hand found its grip on the sword's hilt, Sarah kicked the blade away from him and bent down and held his face in her hands.

"So is that what you wanted to give me." She laughed again. "Oh Mykep, I should have known you would try something like that. But maybe you should have thought of your love for another before you came in here and killed those who I loved. Maybe you should have stayed away." Sarah looked down at her wound. "Maybe before you changed me. You wanted a monster right?" She took the rapier and trust the blade through his neck. The blood squirted out from his throat and down his mouth. She took the dagger out of his other hand and wiped it across the room.

"So this is how your story ends Archon, in the hands of your friend. A friend who you betrayed, a friend who you tried to kill, but the friend killed you and you won't even be around to see the world that you forged this night. But that's no way to say good bye." She leaned her head forward and placed her lips between his and kissed him passionately. At her release, the blood slowly dripped down from her mouth to the floor. "Good-bye Mykep."

Sarah threw the body to the ground and shook her head as the adreniline began to wane out of her body and the pain of the pelvic wound intensified. "God damnit!" She closed her eyes and reached down to the floor, where his note had fallen. Covered in blood and rainwater. "Well, at least Charli can know what happened." She listened as she heard footsteps approaching from outside. "Guards?"

Two Hanseatic Marines ran into the room and froze when they saw the horrific figure before them. Sarah's mouth dripped with blood and she staggered from her wound. "Mi-mi-milady...are...are you okay? What happened?"

"WHAT HAPPENED WAS THAT YOU WERE NOT DOING YOUR JOB!" She screamed as she walked towards them. "You." She pointed at the left guard. "Clean this mess up and get the authorities on the line. Tell them that a murderer has been killed...and you. Get the hospital on the line, I need emergency treatment right away."

"Yes Ladyship."

Sarah looked back at the body. "Lets begin anew shall we."

The life slowly slipped out of him. The agony was not what he thought of, but the inability to kill Sarah and release her upon the world was what upset him. He faded from the world, only for his blood to wash away in the rain water. The last words he heard, "Lets begin anew shall we..." his energy depleted, he layed motionless. He felt nothing...

He fell into darkness, only to think, "and so it ends."

OOC: One-man duels are epic, regardless of who participates or what the text is.

It's part of our genetic code since the middle ages. :awesome:

OOC: Indeed...

I must say...wow! :awesome:

I can hardly think what to say! She's come a long way from Helsinki, hasn't she? And if she hadn't killed him, I can think of several who would have been happy to avenge her...

OOC: I just realized something... Mykep worked a LOT to get this world towards peace... how much will it erupt now that he's dead? I personally can't help but feel this isn't and end as much as a beginning. Also... doesn't he have a mother that is still alive somewhere? Sarah might have some interesting talks going on there about how she killed her son.

OOC: Poor Sarah, everyone (Myself already included) are calling dibs on his sword, no one wants your rapier :P... it's sure to cause a lot of chaos in the future and make the RP interesting. I am sure this is not an end, this battle is a major beginning, and I'm sure both will be of equal importance although not as important as the players themselves.

I drew a pic and if Mykep agrees, it could act as his sword :P. You're sword would be more elegant and still far harder to draw :). This sword seemed to have the violent nature befitting his side of the battle. If you don't want it, I'm going to have to introduce it some other way, but alas I figured I'd offer.

TheNameOfThisSword.jpg

I drew it up tonight, the design was called Fenris and is made of solid steel save for a bronze tongue seen in the blade and rubies for the eyes, the back handle itself is literally made of solid bone.

Edited by Zarfef

OOC: Agreed... but to think I'm going to be slightly more inactive next week! MWAH! I don't want to miss out on this opportunity... well I could always try and do a raid on Sarah's house with another ad hoc character for the other blades. Hmmm... I think all the people after this sword should actually work out the sword and how we believe it will shape the future history of the world via PM.

OOC: People, why is everyone so obsessed with an inanimate object? No one seems to be commenting on the fact that the person on the planet known best for her peaceful policies just killed someone. Even though they were trying to kill her, that's still significant, I think.

OOC: People, why is everyone so obsessed with an inanimate object? No one seems to be commenting on the fact that the person on the planet known best for her peaceful policies just killed someone. Even though they were trying to kill her, that's still significant, I think.

OOC: She killed somebody in self-defence. If she had not killed him, he would've killed her, and the law says that's ok.

OOC: It's called self-defense. Get over it.
OOC: She killed somebody in self-defence. If she had not killed him, he would've killed her, and the law says that's ok.

OOC: No one said it wasn't self-defense, now did they? please, point out where I said that. I still think the fact that she killed someone is significant. So sue me.