Are Aircraft Redundent?

Blade 619

During the last war I got quite some time to play with my aircraft. One major observation was that if an enemy had 105 defending lvl 9 fighters it is almost worthless trying to attack them, your chances of getting any damage on enemy infra are incredibly slim and you lose vast numbers of aircraft (the most expensive for of warfare) in the process. Does anyone else feel that the number of attacking aircraft should be increased? or something be done to address this ballance? it is especially off when you include wonders such as the AADN.

Hmmmm..... this is actually a good point. I had pretty much the same experience (i.e., the futility of attacking a 105 plane squadron).

I guess my response is that this makes quad attacks and co-ordination with other attackers more important. Strategy and co-ordination should be important after all.

I don't know about that, how small a team are we talking about? If you have three people in the same NS range you should be able to pick a nation and coordinate against them. Yes, you are still going to lose more battles then you win I guess, but if you work well together on your offensive wars you should be able to do some damage.

by smaller team I'm refering to say... 3 of you who share 3 targets (offensive) and have 3 random targets (defensive) each. You would only be able to attack the 3 shared targets effectively at an extremely high cost. Admittedly to have odds like these you really would have to be on the losing side.

There's also the point that if you're an unaligned nation who gets jumped by 1 or more people who has 105 defending fighters... you don't stand a viable chance of victory.

There's also the point that if you're an unaligned nation who gets jumped by 1 or more people who has 105 defending fighters... you don't stand a viable chance of victory.

Some people already answered this below your post, but I will simply add that if you are up against someone with 105 planes then you should have nukes of your own. To get 105 planes they need construction, an FAFB and a full carrier fleet; Most people with that are going to be in nuclear range. Nuke them, then launch your air attacks. You should win some of them at least.