Massive Construction in Aiginor

Arkantos

A huge amount of construction will begin across Aigionor, particularly in five places: Townsville, Lucinda-Ingham, the Saxby-Cambridge area, Queenton, and Claraville. These cities were chosen to be upgraded to metropolises, with populations above 5 million for each.

For reference, here is a map of the cities undergoing construction:

AiginCities.png

Orange- Townsville

Purple: Lucinda-Ingham

Teal: Queenton

Yellow: Saxbridge (Saxby-Cambridge)

Red: Claraville

Townsville will now be know as Agrona, and Agrona is still the capital of Aiginor.

All construction is to begin at once. Both foreign contractors and local will be used. Aignor does not have a large steel or glass indusrty, so those also must come from abroad.

In addition, a special project will be built in Lucinam (Lucinda-Ingham). The project, titled "Project Greensville", will create an experimental "green" sector of the city. It will look like this when complete:

zorluecocity.jpg

And now, for the predicted skylines of each city once construction is complete:

Agrona

2.jpg

Lucinam

i1_Perth_Skyline_s.jpg

Queenton

phillysky2.jpg

Saxbridge and Claraville pictures will come shorthly.

OOC: You can construct 13% of a city in 2 days? Even if you're using the scale 1 RL month = 1 CNRP year, cities take multiple, multiple years to build. Hell, just look at how long it takes to build a single skyscraper in real life.

OOC: The cities were already there...they are being upgraded.

A huge amount of construction will begin across Aigionor, particularly in five places: Townsville, Lucinda-Ingham, the Saxby-Cambridge area, Queenton, and Claraville. These cities were chosen to be upgraded to metropolises, with populations above 5 million for each.

OOC: You can construct 13% of a city in 2 days? Even if you're using the scale 1 RL month = 1 CNRP year, cities take multiple, multiple years to build. Hell, just look at how long it takes to build a single skyscraper in real life.

OOC: Time is relative to each Rper. I use the 1 RL month= 1 RP year scale when the RP is relevant to others. Since this is nation development, I go at my own pace.

OOC: Time is relative to each Rper. I use the 1 RL month= 1 RP year scale when the RP is relevant to others. Since this is nation development, I go at my own pace.

OOC: But it has to be reasonable. You can't post saying "I'm building a 1,000 meter tall building" and the next day say "It's done."

OOC: But it has to be reasonable. You can't post saying "I'm building a 1,000 meter tall building" and the next day say "It's done."

OOC: Except I didn't. :v: I didn't say which parts were done in each city. For all you know, the area needed for construction could've been cleared.

OOC: Just so to add to what others have said, that's not really how cities are built. Mostly cities are gradually built over the decades as a result of supply and demand for housing, industries and commerce - not by spontaneously building a metropolis, five million people will simply not move overnight to a city (if you expect it to not be a huge slum,that's it) - just as a reference, to build Brasilia (the capital of Brazil; to build all government buildings plus infrastructure and housing to accommodate ~100,000), it took a billion 1960 dollars (which are several 2009 billions). There is a reason why major cities are not made overnight, but rather over dozens (or even hundreds) of years.

Just sayin'. Nothing wrong with building large cities all of a sudden, if you want to do it, then you should be much more thorough with your plans rather than just "so the city will have this and that and now it's 5% done" "lol, today is 10% done".

Edited by V The King

OOC: Just so to add to what others have said, that's not really how cities are built. Mostly cities are gradually built over the decades as a result of supply and demand for housing, industries and commerce - not by spontaneously building a metropolis, five million people will simply not move overnight to a city (if you expect it to not be a huge slum,that's it) - just as a reference, to build Brasilia (the capital of Brazil; to build all government buildings plus infrastructure and housing to accommodate ~100,000), it took a billion 1960 dollars (which are several 2009 billions). There is a reason why major cities are not made overnight, but rather over dozens (or even hundreds) of years.

Just sayin'. Nothing wrong with building large cities all of a sudden, if you want to do it, then you should be much more thorough with your plans rather than just "so the city will have this and that and now it's 5% done" "lol, today is 10% done".

OOC: Well, my nation really isn't currently built to house 40 million people atm, which is why I'm doing this. So, they won't be slums, because tere are already people wanting to move there.

IC:

Construction Progress:

Agrona: 22%

Lucinam: 26%

Queenton: 19%

Saxbridge:20%

Claraville:24%

• 2 weeks later...