A global invitation to teleconference.

"I have a concern with Yamato silence since they initiated this conflict. The Empire believes they are using this time in an effort to obtain additional support which could prolong and worsen any potential conflict."

"We have been monitering the entire situation with our satellites, and they have not been using the time to move any military forces or supplies. What harm could there be in waiting for a response?"

OOC: Closed economy--perhaps, but that is OOC reasoning, not IC. And if they are completely cut off, they'll have to respond somehow IC.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: !@#$%^&*, subtle.

IC: Blockading has never worked. Hasn't worked in decades, won't work now. Try again.

OOC: Cursing at me won't make me go away, Sargun.

ooc: That's not how many nations have seen it in the past.

ic: "That depends on what their military plans are and what we do not know.. like if they're readying missiles in silos."

"Blockading will work...if it cuts the nation itself in two or more isolated pieces. Yamato is uniquely vulnerable to a tactic like this."

OOC: remember, she doesn't have just land on the islands.

OOC: This may be a little radical given the nature of CNRP, but effective none the less:

IC: As part of the blockade, it would be possible to cut off communications to and from Yamato by jamming certain frequencies, cutting cables and disabling satellites/relay stations until a set of criteria determined by this body are met.

OOC: Namely, ignore Sumer's posts.

OOC: Cursing at me won't make me go away, Sargun.

"Blockading will work...if it cuts the nation itself in two or more isolated pieces. Yamato is uniquely vulnerable to a tactic like this."

OOC: No, but ignoring you does.

IC: "No nation is uniquely vulnerable to said tactic. A blockade is an act of war, which means if you blockade Yamato they have every right to strike back - and you would be the aggressors."

OOC: This may be a little radical given the nature of CNRP, but effective none the less:

IC: As part of the blockade, it would be possible to cut off communications to and from Yamato by jamming certain frequencies, cutting cables and disabling satellites/relay stations until a set of criteria determined by this body are met.

ooc: I'm not even sure that would be effective.. besides, we have to know what she does, not just what she says.. so ignoring posts won't work well.

ic: We appreciate the advice.. and a Blockade and jamming could be tried, but I doubt it will give results.

It would be nigh impossible to achieve all that. You mean to jam, every single radio frequency, TV frequency, while disabling satellite, of which it is known that some are GEO, 37,000km away?

"Attempting to sanction, blockade, or whatever will only strengthen the resolve of Yamato and increase their people's support for their current government - it also makes it easier for the government to manipulate the population as communication becomes more difficult and trade is hampered.

The solution? Don't give them room for expansion, ever. And since they have continuously attempted to violate the territorial integrity of various nations, as well as having one of the worst records on the treating of ethnic minorities, might as well show them that their neighbors are no push-arounds and will not stand their aggression."

OOC: No, but ignoring you does.

IC: "No nation is uniquely vulnerable to said tactic. A blockade is an act of war, which means if you blockade Yamato they have every right to strike back - and you would be the aggressors."

OOC: not really. i'll still be voicing what I think whether you respond or not. :P

IC: "Well. then that shouldn't be a problem for the Dragon empire, who has already recognized a state of war, now should it?"

ooc: I'm not even sure that would be effective.. besides, we have to know what she does, not just what she says.. so ignoring posts won't work well.

ic: We appreciate the advice.. and a Blockade and jamming could be tried, but I doubt it will give results.

OOC: Sorry, I wasn't very clear: pay attention to actions, but ignore other stuff like character RPs, etc.

It would be nigh impossible to achieve all that. You mean to jam, every single radio frequency, TV frequency, while disabling satellite, of which it is known that some are GEO, 37,000km away?

Not every frequency would need to be jammed, just the ones that would be used for external communication and communication between the islands and mainland Yamato. However, radio communication represents a small portion of the communication a nation uses. Much more important are the fiberoptic cables, which once cut, must be repaired by on site crews (easily intercepted), and the microwave relay towers, also easily destroyed. Geosynchronous satellites are more difficult, but if rammed by existing satellites (OOC: non-military ones to stick within the rules), or grappled by other satellites/shot down (OOC: depending on how you define the no military in space rules) they too can be taken out of action.

Edited by iKrolm

"Attempting to sanction, blockade, or whatever will only strengthen the resolve of Yamato and increase their people's support for their current government - it also makes it easier for the government to manipulate the population as communication becomes more difficult and trade is hampered.

The solution? Don't give them room for expansion, ever. And since they have continuously attempted to violate the territorial integrity of various nations, as well as having one of the worst records on the treating of ethnic minorities, might as well show them that their neighbors are no push-arounds and will not stand their aggression."

The Hansa couldn't agree more with the Vinilandese Ambassador's suggestion. Yamato is the successor state to Altin Urda who through intense cultural methodology attempted to change the very fabric of Russian culture in Vladivostok. I would suggest that the countries that surround Yamato agree at least verbally to restrict these imperialists from gaining anymore land. Buratiya and the Commonwealth have both stood strong against their demands and if the Lu would have been brighter, this never would have happened.

The Lu Empire only recently formed. They had little knowledge of global diplomatic affairs and history. They were destined to make mistakes as we all have and they will make more. It's not a justification for Asia Super Nationalists who are their neighbors to over-run them.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

The Hansa couldn't agree more with the Vinilandese Ambassador's suggestion. Yamato is the successor state to Altin Urda who through intense cultural methodology attempted to change the very fabric of Russian culture in Vladivostok. I would suggest that the countries that surround Yamato agree at least verbally to restrict these imperialists from gaining anymore land. Buratiya and the Commonwealth have both stood strong against their demands and if the Lu would have been brighter, this never would have happened.

Yamato has made attempts to acquire land beyond it's immediate boundaries before. In order for this to work, every nation would need to agree not to sell/seed land to Yamato, an action which seems somewhat unlikely.

Edited by iKrolm