A global invitation to teleconference.

"I'm not going to have the world condemning me for actions to liberate the region from aggression. I would prefer to work with it. I understand your impatience at seeing justice done and believe me I share it, but I want the world clear on what I'm doing here so as that as little harm as possible comes to citizens of the Empire. It's not a matter of looking good, it is a matter of humanitarian concern for my own people and government."

"So you just want to look good too? The only citizens of the Empire that are under threat are citizens you put in threat by making Lu a part of the Empire. Stop trying to make this a hard decision. There's only one course of action: punishment. Not talking, not concessions, not weeny little diplomats arguing over numbers at a table: punishment. Your people are not at risk, your government is not at risk - only future citizens of Asia for when Yamato has free reign because of inaction today."

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Stop with these !@#$@#$ semantics you stupid pig-blooded sons of !@#$%*es! Who gives a !@#$ if they used recognized or declared? Yamato initiated a state of war, which is, in effect, a declaration! Now shut the $%&@ up about who started this and get to work fixing it, or are we all going to sit around while Promised Land attempts to delay action on Yamato in an attempt to look good?

By not backing down, you show a spine. You show that you will not be pushed around. You set the tones for these talks, you do not follow the aggressor. The one who wins is the one who sets the pace, not the one who sits back and gets manipulated by a racist, imperialistic, aggressive tribe of warmongers!"

"I am beginning to wonder who the true warmongers here are. Considering your--unique circumstances, you are hardly in a position to call someone warmongers."

"As for the examining their words more closely, I have no need to. I am well aware that they have not clarified their statement on that regard. I am only clarifying earlier ones, and trying to be a voice of reson in this madness."

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"I am beginning to wonder who the true warmongers here are. Considering your--unique circumstances, you are hardly in a position to call someone warmongers."

"As for the examining their words more closely, I have no need to. I am well aware that they have not clarified their statement on that regard. I am only clarifying earlier ones, and trying to be a voice of reson in this madness."

"Yes, call us warmongers for wanting to punish a nation that just attempted to attack a country for no reason other than a torn treaty. There need be no 'clarification' - it is clear to anybody and everybody but yourself that Yamato has declared war."

"If you want to be a voice of reason then stop looking at words that say little, and look at actions, which say a lot. Yamato attempted to take away part of Korea. Yamato walked away from negotiations that were done in a fair manner to address their land concerns in Asia, Yamato asked about the Aleutian islands and in doing so alluded to additional interest in Islands a quarter an ocean away from them, Yamato recognized and in doing so.. initiated.. a state of war with Lu Empire over a trite dispute. Yamato is not grateful for the gifts given it by the other sovereigns in the region including its islands in Japan."

"If you want to be the voice of reason, stop pacifying madness."

"Yamato is annoying the hell out of me and their immediate neighbors."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Somehow, I don't think Yamato is going to go for that. On the off chance I'm wrong, how many soldiers are you proposing to insert?

As said the force would be small at most 2000 peace keepers with a few armoured transports. This way the force is small enough to not be a threat to Yamato but is also a stable presence in the nation which should appease everyone else.

As said the force would be small at most 2000 peace keepers with a few armoured transports. This way the force is small enough to not be a threat to Yamato but is also a stable presence in the nation which should appease everyone else.

That an ally of Yamato should send troops to Yamato to "keep peace" in Yamato is troubling.

"Stop with these !@#$@#$ semantics you stupid pig-blooded sons of !@#$%*es! Who gives a !@#$ if they used recognized or declared? Yamato initiated a state of war, which is, in effect, a declaration! Now shut the $%&@ up about who started this and get to work fixing it, or are we all going to sit around while Promised Land attempts to delay action on Yamato in an attempt to look good?

By not backing down, you show a spine. You show that you will not be pushed around. You set the tones for these talks, you do not follow the aggressor. The one who wins is the one who sets the pace, not the one who sits back and gets manipulated by a racist, imperialistic, aggressive tribe of warmongers!"

Promised Land has a history of choosing leaders without the brains to speak to the adult leaders of other nations on any terms but through semantic games.

That an ally of Yamato should send troops to Yamato to "keep peace" in Yamato is troubling.

Currently we are not an ally of Yamato we made a brash remark which we withdrew and are instead working towards a neutral and peaceful conclusion.

The Empire has taken no offense whatsoever to Pax Pacis' words. We understand Pax Pacis is trying to find a middle ground. The Empire wants to know why we should continue to tolerate the persistent belligerence of Yamato actions. We have yet to be given a good reason, we are seeking global support in bringing an end to that belligerence.

The Empire has taken no offense whatsoever to Pax Pacis' words. We understand Pax Pacis is trying to find a middle ground. The Empire wants to know why we should continue to tolerate the persistent belligerence of Yamato actions. We have yet to be given a good reason, we are seeking global support in bringing an end to that belligerence.

One simple reason is that to "destroy or conquer" a nation because you disagree or are annoyed with them means that you are making it a perfectly acceptable reason for war. Today it is Yamato, tomorrow two neighbours nuke each other because they disagree on who has the better toast. War should never become something to solve petty disputes.

Premier Medvedev turns on the speaker phone in the cabinet conference room.

“Gentlemen, greetings from Moscow. I hope you don’t mind me giving my two cents, but I think we need to step back for a moment and evaluate this situation. Consider for a moment what this is all about. It‘s not about a treaty or land, major factors, but not the main factor from which all others branch from. This is about respect. They felt disrespected by the Lu Empire, and in a desperate attempt to get the world to respect them they declared war on the offending country. I suppose the best advice I can offer is to be firm with Yamato, while still being polite and respectful.”

"If you want to be a voice of reason then stop looking at words that say little, and look at actions, which say a lot. Yamato attempted to take away part of Korea. Yamato walked away from negotiations that were done in a fair manner to address their land concerns in Asia, Yamato asked about the Aleutian islands and in doing so alluded to additional interest in Islands a quarter an ocean away from them, Yamato recognized and in doing so.. initiated.. a state of war with Lu Empire over a trite dispute. Yamato is not grateful for the gifts given it by the other sovereigns in the region including its islands in Japan."

"If you want to be the voice of reason, stop pacifying madness."

"Yamato is annoying the hell out of me and their immediate neighbors."

"I am not attempting to Pacify anyone, merely trying to stop tha madness before it escalates any further. Yes, they are annoying. Yes, their moves have been aggressive and foolish. But if we do not give them a chance to learn from their mistakes (and no, this is not the same mistake they made before), a mistake where no one was actually harmed, what is the point in caling ourselves ciivilized?"

plese, point to the document or traty that officially makes Pax Pacis allies with Yamato.

Promised Land has a history of choosing leaders without the brains to speak to the adult leaders of other nations on any terms but through semantic games.

"And Tahoe has a history of insulting foreigners and those who do not conform to their idea of what makes a perfect world. It is a wonder you have any friends left. You hardly qualify as an 'adult' nation."

"Gentlemen, greetings from Moscow. I hope you don't mind me giving my two cents, but I think we need to step back for a moment and evaluate this situation. Consider for a moment what this is all about. It's not about a treaty or land, major factors, but not the main factor from which all others branch from. This is about respect. They felt disrespected by the Lu Empire, and in a desperate attempt to get the world to respect them they declared war on the offending country. I suppose the best advice I can offer is to be firm with Yamato, while still being polite and respectful."

"Finally, a voice of complete and unbiased reason."

One simple reason is that to "destroy or conquer" a nation because you disagree or are annoyed with them means that you are making it a perfectly acceptable reason for war. Today it is Yamato, tomorrow two neighbours nuke each other because they disagree on who has the better toast. War should never become something to solve petty disputes.

"Let me make it clear we do not want a total war. We want to target the military and government, that is all. We want to liberate these people from a government that threatens their lives daily with poor decision and unnecessary aggression. Seriously. The government of Yamato is a threat to its own people. If they were removed, the people of Yamato had a friendly regime installed that worked with its neighbors.. these crisi would never happen and the golden age of Asia would continue unabated."

"This is not a petty dispute. War is not a trifle thing. Yamato has initiated a war via recognition. This is also a behavior pattern.. a repeated behavior pattern by this state."

"Let me make it clear we do not want a total war. We want to target the military and government, that is all. We want to liberate these people from a government that threatens their lives daily with poor decision and unnecessary aggression. Seriously. The government of Yamato is a threat to its own people. If they were removed, the people of Yamato had a friendly regime installed that worked with its neighbors.. these crisi would never happen and the golden age of Asia would continue unabated."

"if the people saw their government as a true threat to their own security, they would undoubtedly have dealt with the problem themselves by now."

"Doubtful I have yet to see the people oppose or disagree with their government and I see no control methods used by the Yamato government on its population. That means the people support the government and any attempt to remove the government will most likely lead to all out war. No this must be resolved peacefully without violence."

“Gentlemen, greetings from Moscow. I hope you don’t mind me giving my two cents, but I think we need to step back for a moment and evaluate this situation. Consider for a moment what this is all about. It‘s not about a treaty or land, major factors, but not the main factor from which all others branch from. This is about respect. They felt disrespected by the Lu Empire, and in a desperate attempt to get the world to respect them they declared war on the offending country. I suppose the best advice I can offer is to be firm with Yamato, while still being polite and respectful.”

We would ask Slavorussia what instruments it feels would be successful in "being firm" with Yamato to end this cycle of behavior with their state. I mean, I've put forward my proposal, if someone thinks they have better ideas on a decision tree that would arrive at optimal resolution with minimal conflict, I'm open to hearing it.

We would ask Slavorussia what instruments it feels would be successful in "being firm" with Yamato to end this cycle of behavior with their state. I mean, I've put forward my proposal, if someone thinks they have better ideas on a decision tree that would arrive at optimal resolution with minimal conflict, I'm open to hearing it.

"You have yet to reply on our idea and we would appreciate it if you did."

"if the people saw their government as a true threat to their own security, they would undoubtedly have dealt with the problem themselves by now."

ooc: If only that were true in cnrp.. if only that were true.

ic: We believe that their government has blinded its people with internal propaganda and that the people, thus, cannot act rationally on factual evidence.

"You have yet to reply on our idea and we would appreciate it if you did."

"The peacemakers within Yamato is a good idea, but we just do not think that 2000 peace keepers would stop their ability to make war since they have already recognized a state of war and are rescinding requests to clearly de-escalate at this point thus far."

"The peacemakers within Yamato is a good idea, but we just do not think that 2000 peace keepers would stop their ability to make war since they have already recognized a state of war and are rescinding requests to clearly de-escalate at this point thus far."

"We will not stop them from being able to make war the soldiers are there to assist the Yamato with any disputes for example if they feel a border is being left undefended or is in dispute they will take the place of any yamato forces. I also feel that we should wait for the Yamato to speak up here".

"How have they rescinded requests? They simply have yet to respond. The best way to solve this might be total economic sanctions."