A global invitation to teleconference.

ooc: All you have to do to participate is pick up your phones.

The Dragonisian Global Command Center begins patching cables and calling diplomatic corps around the world. It may break all Guiness world records for teleconferences. The goal was simple, as many high ranking government officials chiming in on a situation as possible to constitute a global resolution on what should be done regarding a conflict. Images flashed onto the screens as attendants came into view.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the world. This is Maelstrom, Triumvirate Adviser of the Dragon Empire. I am currently flying at 30,000 feet somewhere over the Pacific and being carried live to you by our telecommunications systems. I have called this conference because the Empire is in the middle of a decision that quite frankly, we believe should have the world's involvement. The state of Yamato has declared a war of aggression against Lu Empire as many of you know, but we have not yet recognized the state of war even though we could because Lu Empire is a member of the Dragon Bloc. Lu and Yamato both.. as typical.. have a hand in responsibility in the deterioration of the relations, but Yamato has taken to threatening Lu with military action if they do not sign a treaty which cedes them land. This land had been denied Yamato by a regional council on the affairs of that protectorate less than a couple of months prior to this incident. Additionally, Yamato has attempted to make land claims to the Aleutian Islands.. and even Korea historically, despite their already having sovereigns."

"I personally have been greatly tried by Yamato's aggressive expansionist policies.. having to deal with almost every fray and ruckus they raise in our immediate community. My personal patience has worn immensely thin, but yet I have continued to act with great tolerance towards their behavior. This may very well be the straw that has broken my back in their behavior. I admittedly, want to intervene. This is not a decision I take lightly however and I wanted to get your thoughts on this crisis. Put yourselves in our position. You have a neighbor who constantly harasses your community, threatens the lives of their citizens, and places aggressive claims against their lands. How would you treat this kind of threat?"

"My own thoughts are this and this is the proposal I want the world to consider as a whole. A collective international intervention into Yamato.. A policing action.. not a typical war. This action would be to remove the Yamato government from power and to render the Japanese islands they occupy an international protectorate until a new government would form by self-determination and internal elections. We don't want their land. We don't even want to remove them from power really. All we want is a peaceful, productive, and grateful neighbor. The lands Yamato currently has was a gift to them by prior sovereigns.. and these actions they take are an insult to the gifts that have been given them. They are not satisfied with that gift."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kingdom of Cochin proposes that we place a blockade around Yamato until they come see reason. Only Food and medicine should be allowed to be sent to Yamato. Our forces are ready in the theater and we call upon an international coalition to make this a success.

As possibly one of the few non-allianced nation's in the area we Pax Pacis suggest allowing us to deploy Peace Keeping forces to the border of Yamato and the Empire of Lu to ensure that no hostilities come about whilst peace is worked out. However, what we will not accept is the forced removal of the Yamato government or of a blockade of Yamato. Regardless of their actions with no military attack having yet occured there is no need for such actions to be undertaken.

"We can find no record of them actually wanting said Aleutian Islands. Are you sure you are not seeing a threat there where none exists? According to Yamatso's own words, they did not actually declare war, but rather 'recognized a state of war.' Insulted, they considered the Yu Empire's actions to be the declaration. And yet, they have not fired a shot, and have shown a willingness to talk out the issue."

In this crisis because Lu Empire is allied to Dragon Bloc a massive response has scared Yamato to reconsider their action. What guarantee is there that at a later date Yamato will not gobble up an unaided nation?

An unchecked Yamato is a severe threat to the peace and stability of Asia.

We do not enjoy the prospect of bringing grief and suffering to the people of Yamato, however we cannot let such an issue slide.

The Kingdom of Cochin proposes that we place a blockade around Yamato until they come see reason. Only Food and medicine should be allowed to be sent to Yamato. Our forces are ready in the theater and we call upon an international coalition to make this a success.

If you're going to do a blockade, do it right. Cut off everything in and out... all travel, all communication, all trade, everything. Only then can you truly force a resolution. Allow food and medicine in and the rich and powerful will only keep it for themselves while the people suffer. It is only when those in power suffer as well that anything gets done.

"We can find no record of them actually wanting said Aleutian Islands. Are you sure you are not seeing a threat there where none exists? According to Yamatso's own words, they did not actually declare war, but rather 'recognized a state of war.' Insulted, they considered the Yu Empire's actions to be the declaration. And yet, they have not fired a shot, and have shown a willingness to talk out the issue."

During the discussions concerning AASSD, Yamato inquired as to whether the Aleutian Islands were a part of the North American continent, wishing to claim them without conflicting with AASSD. This is what the Dragon Empire is referring to.

As a whole, we tend to prefer to let Asia's business be Asia's. Coupled with the fact that we have no navy, this makes it difficult for us to participate in any blockade. However, should one be called, we would be willing to send over a squadron of fighter-bombers to provide air cover if they are given a friendly base at which to land, refuel, and use as a headquarters.

If you're going to do a blockade, do it right. Cut off everything in and out... all travel, all communication, all trade, everything. Only then can you truly force a resolution. Allow food and medicine in and the rich and powerful will only keep it for themselves while the people suffer. It is only when those in power suffer as well that anything gets done.

Any decision on placing a blockade shall be made after due discussion with world nations. We shall bear in mind the suggestion made by you.

"What the hell are you talking about? Lu never declared war! Yamato said they were going to war in the beginning."

ooc: Has Sumeragi been editing her posts or something? *goes to look*

In this crisis because Lu Empire is allied to Dragon Bloc a massive response has scared Yamato to reconsider their action. What guarantee is there that at a later date Yamato will not gobble up an unaided nation?

An unchecked Yamato is a severe threat to the peace and stability of Asia.

We do not enjoy the prospect of bringing grief and suffering to the people of Yamato, however we cannot let such an issue slide.

If they were to attack an uptoected nation without good reason, there is always the GPI. Such a move on their part would be suicide.

During the discussions concerning AASSD, Yamato inquired as to whether the Aleutian Islands were a part of the North American continent, wishing to claim them without conflicting with AASSD. This is what the Dragon Empire is referring to.

As a whole, we tend to prefer to let Asia's business be Asia's. Coupled with the fact that we have no navy, this makes it difficult for us to participate in any blockade. However, should one be called, we would be willing to send over a squadron of fighter-bombers to provide air cover if they are given a friendly base at which to land, refuel, and use as a headquarters.

OOC; I can't remember--did she actually ask for the islands, or simply ask if they were considered part of the continent.

IC: "My records indicate they only asked if they were considered part odf the American Continent, not that they directly asked for the islands."

Since there is a slight technical problem in our side of network we authorize Dragonisia to arbitrate our position and to assume control of our forces for the next 10 Hours (RL), in case our forces are needed.

OOC: Going to sleep, :)

"What the hell are you talking about? Lu never declared war! Yamato said they were going to war in the beginning."

ooc: Has Sumeragi been editing her posts or something? *goes to look*

OOC: No. I'm splitting hairs here, looking at the exact wording of everyone's posts. :P

IC: "Stop putting words in our mouth. We never said Lu declared war, only that this is undoubtedly how Yamato sees it, as Yamato clearly diod not say 'we declare war,' but rather 'we recognize a state of war.'"

"You wish to do something, you need to look at every detail, whether it appears insignificant or not."

If they were to attack an uptoected nation without good reason, there is always the GPI. Such a move on their part would be suicide.

OOC; I can't remember--did she actually ask for the islands, or simply ask if they were considered part of the continent.

IC: "My records indicate they only asked if they were considered part odf the American Continent, not that they directly asked for the islands."

It is not hard to infer why the question was asked, given Yamato's imperialistic history that we see laid out before us in a perfect example.

ic:

He chuckled, "And why do you think they asked that?"

"I don't know. Do I look like a mind-reader? You obviously have your mind made up that there's only one reason they could have asked that question. Obviously, though, when they received the answer, they left well enough alone."

"Sure, you want to pick apart the words. Here's the originals tatement by Yamato:"

Yamato is a nation that places a high value on proper behavior, and the action done by Lu Tai was not just an insult against the honor of Yamato, but an act that would be considered an act of war. We do not take insults slightly, and therefore, we recognize a state of war between Yamato and Lu.

"There was no war declared by Lutai, or even a hint thereof at that point. Therefore, this is a declaration of a state of war by Yamato upon Lu Empire worded to look like they're being the nice guys. A nice play on words, a nice attempt to mask a declaration, but it is what it is."

"If walking away from a treaty were a state of war.. every single nation of the world would be at war over the most trivial things.. a war would be happening daily. No, that isn't what this is. I can tell you're playing Devil's advocate here, but for once you got to realize the Devil is in the wrong."

"Sure, you want to pick apart the words. Here's the originals tatement by Yamato:"
Yamato is a nation that places a high value on proper behavior, and the action done by Lu Tai was not just an insult against the honor of Yamato, but an act that would be considered an act of war. We do not take insults slightly, and therefore, we recognize a state of war between Yamato and Lu.

"There was no war declared by Lutai, or even a hint thereof at that point. Therefore, this is a declaration of a state of war by Yamato upon Lu Empire worded to look like they're being the nice guys. A nice play on words, a nice attempt to mask a declaration, but it is what it is."

"If walking away from a treaty were a state of war.. every single nation of the war would be at war over the most trivial things.. a war would be happening daily. No, that isn't what this is. I can tell you're playing Devil's advocate here, but for once you got to realize the Devil is in the wrong."

We note that in the statement, at no time does Yamato say they have declared war. Your quotation of their statement only backs up our own.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"God forbid I don't sign a treaty and threaten someone's honor." He would mock. "Lutai had done nothing aggressive. He had rescinded a treaty. They (Yamato) recognized a state of war and thus started the war."

"In regards to Pax Pacis' statement. Lu has only recognized the war Yamato "recognized" first."

"I mean, how would Promised Land feel if a random neighbor "recognized" they needed to bomb the hell out of one of their cities or mistreat them in an equally bad fashion over the fact they didn'g sign some treaty PL had come to the conclusion wasn't in their best interest? I'd say Promised Land wouldn't sit back and let themselves be bombed and definitely would counter attack at any aggression. Am I right on this? If I am.. lets stop trying ot be hypocrites here."

"Stop with these !@#$@#$ semantics you stupid pig-blooded sons of !@#$%*es! Who gives a !@#$ if they used recognized or declared? Yamato initiated a state of war, which is, in effect, a declaration! Now shut the $%&@ up about who started this and get to work fixing it, or are we all going to sit around while Promised Land attempts to delay action on Yamato in an attempt to look good?

By not backing down, you show a spine. You show that you will not be pushed around. You set the tones for these talks, you do not follow the aggressor. The one who wins is the one who sets the pace, not the one who sits back and gets manipulated by a racist, imperialistic, aggressive tribe of warmongers!"

Edited by Sargun

"There's a reason I called this conference. Yamato has not stated they are ending the war. THey have stated they are "Stepping down" and never clarified what that means. I've asked them directly to rescind the state of war and they have not. Perhaps you should be examining their wording even more closely?"

"Stop with these !@#$@#$ semantics you stupid pig-blooded sons of !@#$%*es! Who gives a !@#$ if they used recognized or declared? Yamato initiated a state of war, which is, in effect, a declaration! Now shut the $%&@ up about who started this and get to work fixing it, or are we all going to sit around while Promised Land attempts to delay action on Yamato in an attempt to look good?

By not backing down, you show a spine. You show that you will not be pushed around. You set the tones for these talks, you do not follow the aggressor. The one who wins is the one who sets the pace, not the one who sits back and gets manipulated by a racist, imperialistic, aggressive tribe of warmongers!"

"I'm not going to have the world condemning me for actions to liberate the region from aggression. I would prefer to work with it. I understand your impatience at seeing justice done and believe me I share it, but I want the world clear on what I'm doing here so as that as little harm as possible comes to citizens of the Empire. It's not a matter of looking good, it is a matter of humanitarian concern for my own people and government."

"Nevertheless, Yamato has backed down and offered talks. To threaten to continue the war at this stage would make you as bad as you say they are, in a different manner, and the GPI might be obligated to defend them."

"I wouldn't understand the GPI's actions, backing a belligerent and oppressive regime that claims it has broken with its former behavior yet repeatedly demonstrated over recent history they have very little of the same honor they claim to wish others to have. I repeat, they walked out of negotiations at one point.. they attempted to take parts of Korea.. and they've been examining the island holdings of other sovereigns around the world. Is this truly what GPI wants to stand for?"