Exploits of a Fugitive

Vedran

Kaku thinks quietly for a minute. The Black person is extremely smart. But can he be trusted. Kaku knows he must keep a close eye on him for the entire operation. And if need be he can extinguish him quickly and just move on. But for nopw he is of great use.

"Hmm...Yes you are completely right, But if they sense even a little uprising Serca will send in a hugh force to put us down. What do you propose we do?"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black thought about that for a bit. If Serca was going to bring in an army at the first sign of an uprising, then they clearly had to take a different approach.

"We pin the blame on someone else, then. I haven't been keeping up with politics in, oh" he chuckled, "the last year. Been too busy dodging bullets" he said with an unpleasant tone in his voice. As soon as it showed up, it disappeared and he continued. "We've gotta pick on someone Serca isn't on good terms with, a country that won't be able to easily deny its involvement in Tanzania. Any ideas?"

Kaku Thought back for a bit. Who could they possibly place blame on. Serca refuses to recognise Transvaal Maybe they could take the blame.

"Serca refuses to recognize Transvaal as a sovereign nation. They arent really on any terms at all. But would they believe Transvaal to do it?"

Kaku continued to think. Any nation within 1000 miles of Tanzania could take the blame. Serca wouldnt think twice before mobilizing against any potential threat. Especially a nation outside of Africa.

"There is also the terrorist group the Black Hand. They have been everywhere and could easily have gotten into Africa.

Other than that Serca is on basic terms with every other nation in the world. Serca will believe any nation did it. Especially any nation not based in Africa."

"According to the news, this past month there has been a war in Africa. What about this Nation of Nod place? It is adjacent to Serca - and Tanzania - and for all Serca knows they could have slipped in a few agents to stir !@#$ up.

We can pose as them, and cause diplomatic trouble with Serca."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Use the populace. Rumors spread quickly, especially when they are fueled by fear. Plant the seeds...water them with fear...rumors will flourish, information will start getting crossed...and soon enough Serca will have a diplomatic incident on its hands.

The fear, as if I really have to explain it, obviously will be our attacks."

• 3 weeks later...

"I will have my men ready by Noon tommorrw. No later. We launch the operation as soon as the sky turns black.

There is this nice little Sercan Military base about 25 miles from here Right on the border. It should be the perfect place to start off. With thier being only 25 Men in the base it shouldnt be too hard to set it off."

With the base being so conviently close to NoN it would not be hard at all for Serca to believe NoN was the cause of this attack.

Kaku smile from Ear to ear.With Serca going through a Leadership change, Creating choas would not be hard.

Black's face maintained its stern look, but inside he was relieved that they had finally found an opportune moment at which to strike.

By now he had used the base's supplies to outfit himself with an AK-74, a couple of grenades, and a new woodland camo uniform, completely free of insignia. He had kept the pistol and knife that he had brought; the rest of his group was similarly outfitted. One man was carrying an RPG-7 with two extra rockets strapped to his back. Black fastened some containers of woodland colored face paint on his belt for later use.

"The old man died at just the right time, Kaku. Send some of your men to the cities now to stir fear of the NoN among the populace, and by the time we strike the base, the rumors should be circulating at least around a few cities in Tanzania.

25 is a good number. Small enough to take down easily, large enough so that it couldn't be an accident. We're ready when you are."

"Alright."

Kaku sent 3 men per major city in Tanzania. Talks of NoN Launching a pre-emptive strike in Northern Tanzania creates worry and choas throughout Tanzania.

"It should take my men no longer than three days to spread the rumors throughtout Tanzania. I have 100 Men well trained and ready to go."

"By the time the rumors become widespread, the Sercan military will take preventative measures. We need only to plant the seed. The attack on the base will make sure they become widespread."

Black sat in a chair sharpening his knife to pass the time. His group was mostly quiet, only talking freely when they were alone. They always tensed up a little when one of Kaku's men approached them, as if they were expecting an attack. On the whole, the group seemed like they were suspicious of something; an observer would know that they were wary because they may have been running from something and were expecting it to catch up to them at any time.

"Hmmm...You are right. GAURDS! Tell my men to hault. Send them to The closest city near the Sercan base."

As soon as the last word left Kaku's mouth the guards were well on thier radios and began transmission.

"Now Mr. Black, How do you propose to launch the attack. My men are ready when you are."

"Very well. I will take fifty men. Gather them in the main hall in an hour. Have vehicles ready for us up top." Black walked off to make preparations; to inform his fellow fugitives of the plan and to check their equipment.

In an hour, Black and the five members of his group entered the gathering spot to see all fifty men standing ready, Black with a cigarette in his mouth. He walked among them, hands behind his back, that lone eye examining them, looking over their weapons and what little of their emotional condition he could garner from their faces, much as he might a company of the old Herons, yet without the familiarity that came with those commands. Those men he'd known, fought alongside by. He knew their capabilities. But not the men gathered in that room.

No, these were simple rebels he was leading, no matter how well-equipped they were. He thought low of them, thought they were undisciplined and would break at the first sign of trouble. But he also knew that he knew nothing about these men. Whatever their skill was, it would be revealed to him in the coming fight. Finished with his inspection, Black rejoined his group, who had formed a line opposite the rebels.

"Men!" he shouted. "You want independence for Tanzania. Tonight is the beginning of your fight. My instructions are simple. Kill every Sercan inside that base. Don't falter, don't break; don't hesitate, or I won't hesitate to shoot you. I expect only the best from any unit under my command, whether it be real soldiers or pissant separatists." Black took a final puff of his cigarette before dropping it on the floor and crushing it with his boot. Suddenly, he pointed at the nearest of Kaku's men. "You show me some balls right now, and I'll give you victory. You $%&@ up and I'll give you an early grave. Understood?" Black was never one for speeches, but he felt that he got the point across just fine. He lowered his arm. "Form into teams of ten." Black watched the men split off into groups like he told them.

"Jackson!" shouted Black. Jackson, the man that had made contact with the League, approached one of the teams. "Jackson is now your lieutenant. You follow him, he follows me. That's how it works. Any questions?" Black gave them only a second's pause before assigning the rest of his lieutenants.

Finally, when all of the men knew their part, he conferred with Kaku about the vehicles and told him they were ready; by his reckoning, if they set out now, they'd get to the base sometime after dusk.

After the Men were gathered and ready Kaku began thinking. During Blacks speech he wondered if this man might cross him. He tried hard to think against it but he would never know. But once his job was finish Kaku knew exactly what to do afterwards.

As the Infantry vehicles were readied He approached Black with the plans.

"There is a forest right on the outskirts of the base. My men are the best at gureilla Warfare and can use this as an advantage. We should leave now so we can arrive while it is still dark out."

"There is a forest right on the outskirts of the base. My men are the best at gureilla Warfare and can use this as an advantage. We should leave now so we can arrive while it is still dark out."

Black thought about that a moment, then nodded and went back to the men, who had assembled into five teams. "The plan is as follows. We will all drive to the Sercan base, dismounting and concealing the vehicles in the bush when 10 klicks - that is, ten kilometers - from the base; there we will split. Three teams - group Alpha -, including myself, Jackson, Williams, and Johns will proceed through the forest on foot. Someone will be sent ahead to scout for mines." As he spoke, Black indicated Jackson, two of the men, and one of the women he had selected as officers. The names he used were generic North American surnames they each had selected to hide their identity even before they came to Serca.

"Johnson and Davis," pointing to the remaining man and woman, who were both black, "when we dismount, Johnson will lead group Beta along the road towards the base. Conceal yourself among your men; designate someone to take your place. You will march in a simple formation. You will walk straight up to the base; do not fire until fired upon. Once you are detected, return fire. That will be the signal for Alpha to snipe the sentries on the wall facing the woods; at the same time, Alpha will send a man to blow the wall with plastic explosive. By that time, Beta will probably have dispatched the gate guards. Both groups will then enter the base, scouring the area clean of Sercan troops.

Key objectives include: radio equipment, important documents, fuel stores, ammo stores. In order of priority. Radio equipment should be destroyed immediately to delay reinforcements. Any intelligence you find should be immediately handed over to your respective officers. After the fighting is over, Davis and group Delta will take the vehicles to the base. From the time the last Sercan in that base is dead, you have ten minutes to gather all the fuel, ammunition, weapons and other supplies you can. You will then load them onto the vehicles and return to this base. All excess supplies are to be destroyed before departure.

Let's move out."

Edited by Vedran

Base along the border of Serca and NoN

5 Troops stand guard along the road entrance to the base. other troops stand among the base at diffenert checkpoints. 3 towers stand tall around the base each holding 3 troops. The entire base is surrounded by Fences topped with barbed wire. Inside the base holds a storage for weapons and 2 tanks.

Soldier 1: "Hey do you wanna go into town tonight, I heard about this hot spot where all the girls chill and what not."

Soldier 3: "Yea I heard about that place, We should totaly check it out. But not tonight, something doesnt feel right bout tonight."

Soldier 4: "Yea i got the same feeling. I also heard rumors about NoN launching an attack soon. But you know how that goes rumors are rumors."

Soldier 5: "Wait what is that motion over there? you see that?"

Soldier 2: You are seeing things ain't nothing over there. I'll keep watching just in case."

The Men stand guard when a group of people becomes viewable. The men stand alert and await the incoming Group.

"Probably just some lost tourist" Says Soldier 2.

The group of 11 approached along the road. It soon became clear that they were wearing woodland camo fatiges; upon close inspection they would see that there was no insignia on them. All had assault rifles, but some held an RPG-7. They were marching, three abreast with the decoy officer in front. Black's real lieutenant was among the troops. His eyes darted from tower to tower, counting the men in the towers as well as out front. The soldiers were doing the same thing. Their grip on the assault rifles tightened, but they dared not aim them too soon. Their identities couldn't be ascertained, but it was obvious that they weren't hostile - yet. They were instructed to, when fired upon, scatter and open fire on the gate troops, giving time for the RPGs to be brought to bear and fired at the guard towers.

Meanwhile, the group of 34 (30 rebels + Black, Jackson, Williams, and Johns) had made it through the woods and stood waiting just inside the cover of the trees. Jackson surveyed the situation with binoculars and reported it to Black. Black then ordered two RPG-equipped rebels to take aim at the nearest tower and wait for the signal, which would manifest as Sercan gunfire from the gate. A man held a large block of C4, ready to run up to the wall and make a hole as soon as the tower was hit. Because of the possibility of someone escaping the fight to come, everyone was instructed to shout pro-NoN slogans and battle cries.

Black got everyone ready. He told them to fix bayonets on their AKMs. The fighting would be in close quarters so there was little need for accuracy, and a bayonet would come in handy. As he applied black face paint to himself, Black awaited his signal. As a final order to Jackson before the battle began, he told him "Bring the base commander to me alive, if possible."

Once the soldiers saw the people with weapons, it was clear that they were no lost tourist. All five soldiers stood alert, Rifles facing the group.

"FREEZE AND STATE YOUR BUSINESS. THIS WILL BE YOUR ONLY WARNING!"

The soldiers stood ready, radioing the other soldiers to be ready for battle.

Now time would decide whether to fire amongst the strangers.

The 11 did not heed the warning. As they walked, each man picked a target, ready to raise his rifle and fire as soon as the signal came.

The man at the front, not wanting to be needlessly killed, chose to strike first. He broke into a run, raised his rifle, screamed "PEACE THROUGH POWER!" and fired. At that moment, each man in the group ran in a different direction, firing his rifle at his chosen target. Two men stopped, knelt, rested their RPG on their shoulder, and fired at the nearest tower.

Johnson was firing in short, controlled burst, his superior training making him an excellent marksman. Every burst of fire found some kind of target.

At the exact moment the decoy officer opened fire, two rockets from group Alpha flew toward the guard tower they were aiming at. The demolition man ran up to the wall (covered by Alpha), set up the explosives, attached the detonator, ran to a safe distance, and detonated the explosives.

Group Alpha, Black among them, charged across the small strip of land between the edge of the woods and the base, and streamed into the base, guns blazing. The battle had begun.

The First five soldiers were shot before they knew what was going on. The Tower Guards started aiming below to pick off targets one by one before being blown away.

The 11 troops in the base began firing in every location. Before they kew the base was on fire. Choas struck among the troops. The Base commander began to run toward the forest in order to escape the incoming failurea and ultimate death.

The Base commander ran right ito a trap and was ultimately captured.

Back at the base.....

The remaining soldeirs began and scattered formation and began to take cover in various spots among the base. The soldiers used RPG and fired everywhere trying to destroy the base before the 'strangers' could loot anything. After the base is utterly unmanagable, The soldiers try to kill as many as they possibly can before thier life is abruptly destroyed.

As the base commander entered the forest, a leg stretched out from a tree and tripped him. Before he could get back up, three rebels surrounded him, having to physically hold him as they had no handcuffs or anything of the sort. They held him there, waiting for the battle to end.

Meanwhile in the base, the sudden attack had created much confusion among the Sercan troops. Any chance of an organized defense seemed to disappear when the Sercans broke rank and took cover. They died there, killed by grenades and bayonets, but not before they could fire off their RPGs at vital areas of the base in a final attempt to deny the rebels any supplies. A fuel tank and the ammo storage were hit simultaneously - or the explosion of one had ignited the other; whichever it was, an explosion rocked the base and a plume of smoke and fire billowed into the air.

Black recoiled from the force and the luminosity of the explosion. There would be a ringing in his ear for a good ten minutes after that. No doubt they weren't the only ones that had heard it. They were going to have to get out of here quick.

Jackson's team had found its way into the command center of the small base, where a Sercan corporal was frantically shouting something into a radio. Jackson fired at the man's back, the bullets tearing through him and disabling the radio. He looked at the closest rebel. "You men scour the building for documents. Now!" Jackson ran out and found Black. "We secured the command center, but someone got off a message to the Sercans. Forget the supplies, we need to get out of here." As he was speaking, Black cut him off, noticing three rebels walk through the hole in the wall with a prisoner - an officer. He held up his handheld radio and contacted Davis' team. "Base has been secured. Come pick us up."

Ten kilometers away, the vehicles started up and pulled onto the road, en route to the base. Black turned to look at the prisoner. "You must be the commander. Name and rank? Ah, no matter, we'll find out."

"Break his legs."

"MAYDAY, MAYDAY, WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!!! POSSIBLE SUSPECTS ARE NATION OF-" was all yhe Main Sercan Defense department recieved from the base along the border. Radioing back was impossible as they figured the communication center was destroyed.

"Order Battlion 1,2 and 3 out to the base immediately." Was all that was said by MoD Cobe. "Who could be attacking us and why?"

-----------------------------------------

After being caught the Commander tried to take his poison pills But the captureers smash them as he fell.

"AHHHH" was what he said soon after his legs were snapped broken.

"You want my name....Well here it is." The Commander spit right into the strange mans face.

-------------------------------------

Back at the underground base

Kaku began thinking.....What if this attack is a complete failure and they are caught?

Kaku quickly radioed in Black requesting thier status.

"Guards get 100 extra men ready...We might have to make a move outta here."

Black ignored the base commander, turning away from him. He raised the radio to his mouth to respond to Kaku. "Objective complete. We've captured the base commander. However, someone raised the alarm. I can only guess that the Sercan army is on its way here, but we should be out long before then.

Your boys suffered minimal casualties, as I expected. I'll contact you once we're en route. Black out." Black ordered the men to gather the wounded and to salvage equipment off both rebel and Sercan dead. The vehicles soon arrived, and the rebels piled on, along with their prisoner, whom they blindfolded and tied his hands. Their mission was complete, now to return to the rebel base.

Black concealed a knife in his boot, taken from one of the Sercan soldiers. He wasn't sure how Kaku was going to welcome him back, but he tried to be prepared for everything.

"Great we shall be expecting your return momentarily." Kaku replied and ended the conversation. Kaku began thinking his next step. Should they attack another base or should they wait to see what Serca's response was. Kaku knew Serca was sending a sizable force out and that area including the surrounding area about a hundred miles out would be a dead zone for him and his men.

Phase 1 is complete. Now pending on Serca's response, Phase 2 will be in the making.

-----------------------------

Back at the base....

one soldier has hidden and stayed in the secret bunker until the fighting had ceased. Once the soldier had emerged, his findings were horrid. He found the base utterly destroyed and all of his fellow men dead. He figured the attackers had taking all the classified documents and destroyed whatever was left. In the distance he can see Sercan forces approaching the destroyed base and he had some interesting news for them.