Slightly Askew Acknowledgement of War

memoryproblems

slightlyaskew.jpg

Yesterday around 6:00 PM server time, several members of The Fellowship declared war on members of Slightly Askew in what appeared to be a tech raid. We at Slightly Askew do not tolerate these sort of things, and as a result we organized a response and successfully sent two of the three attackers into Anarchy. In the hours since The Fellowship have responded to our defending our members by sending numerous additional attackers.

As a result, Slightly Askew hereby acknowledges a state of war with The Fellowship. We're a small alliance, 8 members, The Fellowship is huge, we have no friends, they have huge friends, we know how this is going to end, so why do it?

Why the $%#! not? May it be a fun ride all the way to the bottom, at which point we'll start all over again.

Signed for Slightly Askew,

memoryproblems Speaker

Socom Speaker

Edited by memoryproblems

Bad show The Fellowship, stomping alliances for defending themselves is hardly becoming of you.

Thumbs up to Slightly Askew for standing up for yourselves.

Thumbs up to Slightly Askew for standing up for yourselves.

I second this, I don't believe in tech raiding other alliances. Especially those who can't defend themselves. Good on you SA.

Edited by AndrewC202

I second this, I don't believe in tech raiding other alliances. Especially those who can't defend themselves. Good on you SA.

I don't believe in gravity, I think I'll go walk off a cliff after all if I don't believe in it, it doesn't exist.

tech raids are a main part of this game.

So is making a nation and as far as I can see dogbite and deadhole don't register. I agree that they are a main part of the game but tech raiding alliances shouldn't happen. I can feel the essense of 'Karma' in TE. ^_^

I mean no disrespect to TPF, just cheering on SA for defending themselves.

So is making a nation and as far as I can see dogbite and deadhole don't register. I agree that they are a main part of the game but tech raiding alliances shouldn't happen. I can feel the essense of 'Karma' in TE. ^_^

I mean no disrespect to TPF, just cheering on SA for defending themselves.

hey we would all defend as we could but to say a larger AA should not raid smaller ones is not fair.there is a food chain.hope i spelled that right.

I don't believe in gravity, I think I'll go walk off a cliff after all if I don't believe in it, it doesn't exist.

I don't believe in the English Language, I think I'll continue to post on the boards because after all, if I don't understand what basic phrases mean, my posts don't look idiotic.

Hail to your determination in fighting back, this is the spirit of TE.

However, simply asking the tech raiders to stop attacking usually works quite well also, and gives your alliance a chance to prevent all out war.

This may be TE, but diplomacy is always an option.

Tech raiding is part of the game and there are not enough unaligned nations out there to go around, thus smaller alliances will always find themselves in the crosshairs.

TF are also teching raiding RD and LE while ganging SA and 57th because they are defending against the raids. Methinks TF have let their little bloc numbers go to their head.

However, simply asking the tech raiders to stop attacking usually works quite well also, and gives your alliance a chance to prevent all out war.

So you guys can raid all the smaller alliances you want, and they need to ask you to stop attacking or they get all out war? RE are on top, so that means they have dibs to anyones tech?

thanks for the warm responses :D Never know what you'll get on these forums.

I remember this is the sort of thing that made UW crumble a couple rounds ago when TPF raided, UW defended, TPF defended, UW defended, etc....

Us crumble? nah, never haha :D We at slightly askew are just a bunch of people playing to have fun. We're not in it to win it, we're just in it to have fun. We get destroyed, we reroll, that seed money is oh-so nice, we could get destroyed and be right back where we were in a week.

yeah, but when you tech raid an alliance, either your going to get hit back or that alliance is easy prey. We at slightly askew are not easy prey, we are no "welcome home" door mat, and we'll defend down to 0 NS, even against alliances that are 15x our size. (as The Fellowship is)

hey we would all defend as we could but to say a larger AA should not raid smaller ones is not fair.there is a food chain.hope i spelled that right.

In the wild, many species have "mechanisms" that work to their advantage in the food chain. Our "mechanism" is the fact that we're going to hit back, over and over and over again. we get destroyed, we reroll.

Hail to your determination in fighting back, this is the spirit of TE.

This may be TE, but diplomacy is always an option.

Tech raiding is part of the game and there are not enough unaligned nations out there to go around, thus smaller alliances will always find themselves in the crosshairs.

thanks for the first part, and per diplomacy, for what its worth, all the wars first initiated by The Fellowship were basic tech raids with peace offered. Sure we could have just accepted that peace and gone on, maybe taken it to private channels and told The Fellowship something along the lines of "We don't appreicate it", but I can only imagine the "So What?" that would be running through their minds. Such would be lying down in the face of adversity, and that just isn't the way we do business. Doing such would be a welcome invitation to being !@#$%*^ repeatedly in the future.

Any alliance that thinks their going to tech raid us needs to know that they'd better gang bang each and every Slightly Askew member and make sure we're in anarchy for perpetuity, but that wouldn't be a tech raid, that would be an unwarranted perma-war out of the blue. Tournament Edition is a tough place, but even thats a bit extreme.

I remember this is the sort of thing that made UW crumble a couple rounds ago when TPF raided, UW defended, TPF defended, UW defended, etc....

But we didn't crumble.. only got smaller

PK

Subject: Alliance war??

Message: Hey, why are you attacking me for raiding one of your INACTIVE alliance members?

Is Gunninglike authorized to start an Alliance war?

Oh my...

I am trying to negotiate peace with slightly askew. We were a 10 man alliance once, and as such this is the message I just sent to save me explaining myself again:

To: Socom From: NeoGandalf Date: 7/6/2009 1:19:17 PM

Subject: RE: peace

...Listen, seriously, I don't want The Fellowship to kick you guys about - we were a 10 man alliance once....The other TF nations were not supposedd to take advantage of the situation. I'm going to send out a message to all of my guys to peace you guys out - I'd like it if you'd do the same at your end.

NG

It was just a raid and peace was offered, but it got out of hand. If you guys want to fight, fair enough, but I will ensure that you are not outnumbered.

LE, I'll be in touch. My policy, as our members know, is that if an alliance defends a raid then it is fair play.

Oh and popsumpot, it's nice to know we can still depend on you to troll on the moral highround bandwagon.

Respect to you, Gandalf. Its difficult to keep all the members of a big alliance on track, especially in TE.

On a separate note, I read the title and expected humour, not happy at the lack of funny posts :/.

thanks for the warm responses :D Never know what you'll get on these forums.

Us crumble? nah, never haha :D We at slightly askew are just a bunch of people playing to have fun. We're not in it to win it, we're just in it to have fun. We get destroyed, we reroll, that seed money is oh-so nice, we could get destroyed and be right back where we were in a week.

That sounds like quite a strategy. I need to bring that idea up to BG for future consideration ;)

We're friends with TF, but I still hope to see this war/full scale raid/whatever end soon.

Oh my...

I am trying to negotiate peace with slightly askew. We were a 10 man alliance once, and as such this is the message I just sent to save me explaining myself again:

To: Socom From: NeoGandalf Date: 7/6/2009 1:19:17 PM

Subject: RE: peace

...Listen, seriously, I don't want The Fellowship to kick you guys about - we were a 10 man alliance once....The other TF nations were not supposedd to take advantage of the situation. I'm going to send out a message to all of my guys to peace you guys out - I'd like it if you'd do the same at your end.

NG

It was just a raid and peace was offered, but it got out of hand. If you guys want to fight, fair enough, but I will ensure that you are not outnumbered.

LE, I'll be in touch. My policy, as our members know, is that if an alliance defends a raid then it is fair play.

Oh and popsumpot, it's nice to know we can still depend on you to troll on the moral highround bandwagon.

You totally gain all my respect. I just wish other alliances fought fair like you guys. Other alliances should take a look at this and learn. *cough*

You totally gain all my respect. I just wish other alliances fought fair like you guys. Other alliances should take a look at this and learn. *cough*

Other alliances should look at this and learn not to make obnoxious comments about people. Cough.

Neo, good for you, showing class as always. TF are good guys, and I can attest that it is difficult to control a large alliance, some leniency has to be given. People may be ghosting, and misunderstandings happen. Slightly Askew also gets respect for fighting for their alliance against huge odds. I wish both sides luck in sorting this out.