A GGA Annoucement and then some!

triumvirateflag4bilrowza7.gif

The Grand Global Alliance has gone through many ups and downs as we have continued to sail through the new unchartered waters of our freedom. The Grand Global Alliance has started to rebuild itself again surpassing 2 million NS. The building will be slow but we grow with more determination and commitment to each other then we have ever had in the past. We look forward to the future of the alliance and maintain our steadfast commitment to it's government.

Since the end of this war, your alliance has been governed by myself and DeScepter. Degenerate108 has served as interim triumvir when necessary and we thank him for his service to our grand alliance as he now returns to the role of Elder Statesman. It is our hope that him and his slippers will continue to grace our halls for centuries to come.

In that same vein, we have decided that the time has come to appoint the third triumvir now that we have someone trained and ready for such a serious position. At this point in time I would like to announce that MANFRED has been appointed as Holy Triumvir and Chief Protector of the Realm fort he Grand Global Alliance. Manfred joined the Grand Global Alliance about 2 1/2 years ago (I was a wee bit shocked to see 835 days on his alliance seniority). He served valiantly as our Minister of Defense and Intelligence during the GGA's darkest hour. Now he will serve as Triumvir during our finest.

Congratulations on your appointment Manfred.

Fortuna Fortes Juvat!

shaneprice, Holy Triumvir and Chief Protector of the Realm

DeScepter, Holy Triumvir and Chief Protector of the Realm

Degenerate108, Holy Triumvir and Chief Protector of the Realm (acting)

While we are talking about new directions, we want to take a peek at M*A*S*H. We fought them in the last war. It was one heck of a rumble...but now we have decided that we like each other. So to that end...

ggaflag8.pngMashflag.png

The 'Catch Your Breath' Accords

Preamble:

During the war, the forces of Karma engaged the Grand Global Alliance as part of the strategy of reducing the defensive coverage of the Hegemony. During the conflict, the GGA earned major respect for its tenacity, courage, integrity and professionalism on the field of battle, holding on until the very last. Such effort is severely lacking on Planet Bob, and should be preserved. Therefore, it is agreed that as of this day and time, July 6th, 2009 at 0000 server time, the sovereign alliances of the Mighty Armed States of Honor (aka M*A*S*H) and the Grand Global Alliance (aka the GGA) have made this agreement in full, and shall herein after be refered to as 'The Signatories'.

Article 1: Sovereignty.

No attempt shall be made by M*A*S*H or GGA to influence or coerce the government and/or governmental processes of other. GGA and M*A*S*H shall have the sovereign right to pursue their own destiny, including when to do so shall endanger this treaty. This document affirms we trust the other to be willing to make the necessary changes in their structure and outlook on their own, and further, that the sigatoris trust each other, in their own self-interest, to refrain from procedural, diplomatic, and military adventurism.

M*A*S*H and GGA shall have no influence over the foreign policy of the other and they are free to keep what treaties they have left and to sign with whomever they choose. M*A*S*H and GGA have no intention of denying the sovereignty of the other.

Article 2: Defense.

M*A*S*H agrees to defend the GGA from outside unwarranted military attacks for the duration of the treaty. GGA also agrees to defend M*A*S*H from outside unwarranted military attacks for the duration of the treaty. The term 'unwarranted' shall be defined in the context of this agreement to mean 'without cause or justification', for instance, a non-signatory alliance decides that the GGA 'is evil and should not be allowed to exist' shall be considered an unwarranted attack, rogue actions up to and including nuclear attacks, and so forth. The signatories are free to defend themselves against these attacks against their alliance without approval from other. The signatories agree to join in the defense of other in these occurrences and when such a request is made by the other signatory.

Article 3: Communications.

A. GGA agrees to keep M*A*S*H apprised of diplomatic moves, and vice versa, which may affect the security and sovereignty of all.

B. During the course of this treaty the signatories may appoint anyone to government they so choose. The remaining alliances have no say in this matter but hope that the alliance makes these appoints with their future mind.

E. M*A*S*H may make no demands of the GGA other than the current rules stipulated in the above section of the treaty. GGA makes no demands of M*A*S*H other then the current rules stipulated in the above section of the treaty.

F. At any time, one signatory may ask the other for advice, however, neither alliance is under any obligation to implement said advice.

Article 4: Economy.

It is not required, but hoped that GGA will give M*A*S*H the right of first refusal in tech deals designed to aid in the rebuilding of the GGA, and shall co-ordinate these sales with the Econ department of M*A*S*H to the benefit of all involved.

Article 5: Termination.

A. This treaty shall be reviewed by the Signatories every 90 days in light of the then-current state of affairs of Planet Bob.

B. Should this treaty be felt to be needed at that time, it shall renew on a unanimous vote for the next 90 day period until review.

C. Should the signatories decide this treaty is no longer needed at the time of review, no action need take place except a formal notice to the fellow signatory of the intention not to vote for renewal. A period of 96 hours from the expiration date of the treaty shall be considered a cooling off period in which no signatory may attack each other.

D. Should the signatories decide to increase their level of participation, the new treaty shall supercede this treaty with no cool down period.

E. Should GGA violate the treaty via an act of military adventurism, this agreement shall be instantly void with no cool down period.

F. If at any time a signatory in this pact feels like they want out of this all they need to do is give the other signatories 24 hours notice before posting and this treaty will stay in effect until 48 hours after its cancellation.

by the Mighty Armed States of Honor:

Col. Fitswilliam, Commanding Officer

Flonker, Commanding General

RpR Francheezi, Commanding Officer

Bedford Forrest, Executive Officer

Dran129, Executive Officer

justavictim82, Senior Drill Instructor

Kaznecki, Foreign Affairs Officer

IBurnMyCd, Payroll Officer

gorrillaballz, Personnel Officer

lukemjl, Internal Affairs Officer

by the Grand Global Alliance:

Manfred, Holy Triumvirate and Chief Protector of the Realm

DeScepter, Holy Triumvirate and Chief Protector of the Realm

Shaneprice, Holy Triumvirate and Chief Protector of the Realm

KungfuHamster, Elder Statesman

Degenerate108, Elder Statesman

scotchwithrocks, Elder Statesman

Emperor Lester II, Elder Statesman

ironchef, Elder Statesman

Edited by shaneprice

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When the war was breaking out, we thought GGA would be a pushover. They surprised us.

They took everything we could dish out at them: nukes, ground attacks, air raids, cruise missiles, propaganda, and surrender calls. They gave us back hard fighting and jokes without hatred behind it. In short, as the preface of the treaty said, they won our respect. Shoutout to my honored opponent, Randleman, who helped me burn through a 70 mil warchest while taking a 10k ns bath.

After the Peace, GGA sent us our first ever diplomat. We responded in kind. We got to talking. And at this point in time, I'd like to do a shoutout to Momonishiki, GGA's ambassador to M*A*S*H, for initiating the dialog that made this treaty possible, and for having the courage to take the initiative to start the dialog.

We look forward to helping and watching GGA come into its own, independent and free.

Good Job GGA :D

Nicely done MASH :D

Now, any comments on GGA being a colony of MASH? Didn't think so.

(Clarification Edit: I'm not arguing that GGA wasn't an NPO colony. I am making a point though that Athens doesn't own the GGA, and never did. Neither does MASH.)

Edited by Ilya Murometz

Speaking as someone who was erroneously put on PZI (along with the GGA member of the year and a former Regent) primarily due to Manfred's actions I'm going to state the obvious and say I'm underwhelmed by this announcement.

That being said I hope it works out, I maintain a great deal of affection for the GGA in spite of all that's gone on and M*A*S*H are good people.

Good Job GGA :D

Nicely done MASH :D

Now, any comments on GGA being a colony of MASH? Didn't think so.

(Clarification Edit: I'm not arguing that GGA wasn't an NPO colony. I am making a point though that Athens doesn't own the GGA, and never did. Neither does MASH.)

As far as points go, that was pretty terrible.