Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

I'm curious, if lighter terms are imposed, do you not believe NPO will just rise up like they did after the First Great War? Their large nations have large war chests, and hid in peace mode for most of the war. The damage to the upper ranks have not been enough. They can quickly rebuild and rise to power once again.

And there is a difference between the fate of Polaris and the fate of Pacifica. We know you are a smart and honorable guy Grub, everyone knew you would lead Polaris in a brighter direction. Moo on the other hand, is still the same. There is no doubt in my mind that Pacifica would not try the same stunts. They have had their time to play their games, and now they must pay the consequences. If this means crippling them for a long time, so be it. We are Karma, not Mercy.

Even though I don't believe Echelon deserved those terms.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious, if lighter terms are imposed, do you not believe NPO will just rise up like they did after the First Great War? Their large nations have large war chests, and hid in peace mode for most of the war. The damage to the upper ranks have not been enough. They can quickly rebuild and rise to power once again.

I look forward to this. Competition > stagnation.

And there is a difference between the fate of Polaris and the fate of Pacifica. We know you are a smart and honorable guy Grub, everyone knew you would lead Polaris in a brighter direction. Moo on the other hand, is still the same. There is no doubt in my mind that Pacifica would not try the same stunts. They have had their time to play their games, and now they must pay the consequences. If this means crippling them for a long time, so be it. We are Karma, not Mercy.

Even though I don't believe Echelon deserved those terms.

NPO on their own and so extremely isolated simply cannot rise up again. The only way they are going to rise up again if others provide themselves as an even worse example of how to be top dogs in the world. If that happens then yes NPO will be able to gain power like they did in the past. So, remember, karma is real and if you choose to act out of vengeance then you shall simply become that which you sought to destroy and you shall in the end empower those you wished to destroy.

I like Grub still, and posts like this one remind me why.

They ended the peace negotiations by going public in a PR stunt. It wasn't until then that we announced there would be no further negotiations. I'm sorry they chose to do that.

When STA went public with the Valhalla terms, even the frequently declaimed minion of evil chefjoe didn't cut off negotiations.

Is the new precedent set that when negotiating terms, any discussing them in public results in the end of negotiations?

I think you are right grub.

rather than right many wrongs committed by a single tyrant in order to free this community, it appears that KARMA may be on its way to establishing an oligarchy of tyrants. may we remember why we fought and bring both justice and mercy.

lol.

All I have to say is that it's obvious that you don't particularly know what you're talking about. I sincerely doubt you've spoken to the alliances on the NPO front, or what the rationale behind anything truly is.

They ended the peace negotiations by going public in a PR stunt. It wasn't until then that we announced there would be no further negotiations. I'm sorry they chose to do that.

Why don't we all just sit around and claim we've never ever had anything to do with Pacifica. No treaties, no wars alongside them, hell never even had any Declaration's of Support. Sounds like a plan. We can just throw it all away and hope everything just disappears.

zorbeez_thumb.jpg

Well, not even the

can help clean up this mess.

RotatingzorbEEZ.gif

Unlike Billy, you cannot sell this one.

BillyMays-TheCard.jpg

RIP Billy. No one could sell it like you.

billy-mays.jpg

Forgive me if my post straddles the OOC/IC line, but this topic for some part is OOC, so I suppose it won't be a problem.

As you said, the community determines what is reprehensible and what is repulsive. As you said, this is a "game" (we all know that the art of diplomacy is figuratively a game ;) ) with a "community." When Pacifica was at the top, they intentionally made enemies. In a "game," when you make enemies, they will either silently or openly seek to bring you down, and when they have you down, they'll exact revenge. If you do things that the "community" determines is repulsive and reprehensible, then revenge will be exacted upon you. I love how to you morality didn't exist during the time of CN's "evil hegemony," yet you lament the fact that Karma isn't rolling over to NPO's turtleshell wait-it-out policy. What I wonder, Grub, is how you can do this and look yourself in the mirror (IC, of course). Pacifica punched Polar in the groin, and you popped back up with your arm around Pacifica's shoulders. They treated Polar like their worst enemies and like their inferiors, and you popped back up with your arms around Pacifica's shoulders. Please, Grub, for the good of CN, let go of Pacifica's shoulder as they go down, or you may soon find yourself falling, and nobody here wants that.

You completely and utterly missed the point.

I have seen the terms offered to Pacifica, they are pathetic and spiteful. I do not care about your maths, your thought process or your justifications for the terms, they are wrong to the very core. There is no conceivable justification that promotes the sense of community regulation contained in those terms. They are designed to fracture, humiliate and destroy, they are not punishment they are simply a kick to the head of a man lying bleeding in the gutter.

Punish them, don't cripple them beyond recognition.

The suggested manner in which the NPO can meet the activity preterms is to boot non-compliant nations in order to reach what is essentially an objective that relies entirely on the honor system. Not to mention the ban on recruiting.

Karma has shown itself, in general, to not be honorable. The issue is not lighter terms, but honest and possible terms which reflect some kind of moral high ground, rather than wanton lust for Hegemony status shown by most Karma alliances.

What gets me is that the people who stood side by side with NPO and supported hegemony for years, switched sides spoke against it demeaning all the things they did, and now they are doing the same things except with different friends.

Edited by youwish959

I'm not sure how this is a decree of anything other than "Grub has his ever watchful eyes on you, Karma", but I suppose it's nice to know that CSB can safely make ever more irrelevant threads now!

Edited by Magnum T. Gundraw

Maybe if they would come out of their hiding in peace mode and actually fight things may change for them. So many times before they would degrade an alliance for doing the same thing they are doing now, I care less what terms they get, take it and deal with it.

snip

Hey, this is really relevant because it has nothing to do with his post. We must personally be asking for some tough reps. Oh wait, it's 0!

Way to go. How about you get some information before you start posting nonsense once again.

What gets me is that the people who stood side by side with NPO and supported hegemony for years, switched sides spoke against it demeaning all the things they did, and now they are doing the same things except with different friends.

In fact it is often times these folks who cry the loudest against NPO. It is as if they think the louder they cry out "Down with NPO" that more of us will forget about when they said "We support the NPO".

Oh really? We hurt your feelings for revealing why we cannot accept your ridiculous terms :( Poor baby.

You and I both know that is ridiculous. You have found a reason, however tiny, to turn this into an eternal war, and your going to ride it out. People now know what the terms were, and you feel like it would be "going soft" on the NPO to retract them, but an inch, so that they were possible. You wanted to do this from the start, and now you've found your "explanation."

The only thing that hurt my feelings were Cortath's endless fairytales. You should have kept revealing your feelings to us instead of going straight to the OWF aboard the PR-mobile. How did you think we were going to take that action? I don't care that they were revealed to CN, I care in which the way they were revealed.

Ridiculousness is subjective. Quite frankly, I think the stance your government is taking is ridiculous. D: And yes, these terms were pre-meditated, I drew them up with crayons while still in my crib. Accept the terms and you won't have to deal with this anymore. :P

Everyone seems to forget how almost all the other Hegemony alliances were offered white peace, despite it being not all that long ago. Everyone expected we were going to be harsh with the NPO, but when it happened, everyone was shocked for some reason. They were shown mercy in the past and they spat on its face. Everyone also makes it seem like since this is still being done to the NPO, it will continue to be used as common practice by the alliances at war with them. This is it, there won't be anymore after this. I'd also like to add that if you look into Sparta's history, we haven't imposed truly harsh terms in the past, either. I'm sorry that we were ever the NPO's side, but 95% of that time was before I even created my nation, and none of it was during my tenure in our government (As in actively supporting them in war).

Sparta had been on the "karma" side of this war for months before it even happened, back when the war looked like it was going to be dead even (More NS on the Hegemony side, but more nukes on the Karma side). Our government and scope as an alliance has changed quite a bit, much like the government and scope of the New Polar Order has. I guess they have a patent on change, though, and no one else is allowed to do so. Shucks. :\

Edit: Clarification

Edited by George the Great

Punish them, don't cripple them beyond recognition.

Nah, cripple them beyond recognition. It's the least that should be done in the name of karma. Even a cripple still exists, which is more then many of NPO's former enemies can say.