Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

Moldavi Doctrine, Revenge, and Raiding: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=56672

In a Red Cross Announcement: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=56181

Vermillion Entente Joke Announcement (My reply was not): http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54560

Note: Reading through all of my posts is taking forever, I'll put more up as I go backwards.

I think he was referring to Mr. James Dahl who apparently was against it in at least 5 threads ;)

Too bad for you then I guess.

You'll probably be hearing about it for some time.

You don't even deny that it is a myth?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was referring to Mr. James Dahl who apparently was against it in at least 5 threads ;)

You don't even deny that it is a myth?

You'd need member access to NPO forums to see mine.

As to whether it's true or not, I can't say. I can't say it's untrue either, it's a possibility I'm not going to discount.

Edited by James Dahl

Canceling the Moldavi Doctrine was the correct thing to do, and its what you wanted.

The revenge doctrine is a good thing in most sane peoples eyes (though its under mounting pressure by people who hate it because the NPO issued it) so its stayed.

What else do you want? Thats not a rhetorical question.

Canceling the Moldavi Doctrine was the correct thing to do, and its what you wanted.

The revenge doctrine is a good thing in most sane peoples eyes (though its under mounting pressure by people who hate it because the NPO issued it) so its stayed.

An admission that the Moldavi Doctrine would not have been lifted without a combined force of arms?

The problem is cancelling it doesn't gain you anything, a 4 year old could tell you cancelling it would have been part of the surrender terms, and nobody believes you would have cancelled it without somebody to force you to do it.

In short, you made a transparent PR play in an attempt to score points, and nobody fell for it. An admission that you only cancelled it because you had no choice one way or another would at least gain you points for honesty.

Edited by TypoNinja

How on earth is an alliance which has lost over 17 million NS lying untouched and undamaged? :huh:

I don't think Pacifican propaganda is the problem here. Seriously, some of what you guys type defies belief.

True, your fact is. Inconsequential, it is. Missed, my point was.

EDIT: added commas for reader's ease

Edited by Obiwan

To me personally, it looks like people are trying to find someone to blame for their own failures. One constant theme is the utter incapacity of most of the core Q alliances to acknowledge that they did anything wrong or made any mistakes, insisting instead that they fell into a well-laid trap.

It's ok, if Xiph asks I didn't see anything.

Your treasonous acts do not go unnoticed, Viking.

Im not blaiming anyone for what happened to my alliance. We knew what was happening and we accepted that. The tinder for the fire was laid and it was only a matter of time till something sparked it. I will only say that while KARMA may have only formed just before the war many of the alliances in KARMA had their hands in events leading up to the war and it was a coopertive effort. Once again it was well played and those that did a lot of the dirty work deserve a hand as they have accomplished what many of us thought couldnt be done. Please stop trying to put this war off as well it was totally in the defense of OV because once again that is BS. The moves were made and our side had a melt down. KARMA wins not hard to see but people who continually say it was never planed are full of it.

I think this statement is a surprisingly accurate summary of much of the 'discussion' that took place here. And I won't excuse Sparta from it either. The truth is that we were a part of the Q for a long time and were at best passive and at worst complicit in many things that we don't feel great about. However, time is the greatest truth-teller, and with time our relationship with NPO came into focus. It is easy to say that we should have cancelled earlier and yet that is a much more difficult judgment to make than people claim. Usually you want to affect change from within first and only resort to going outside when that attempt has failed. Sparta was not happy to see NPO declare war on OV. A smoother transition would have been preferred by all I am sure, but plenty of other major alliances should know by now that often we are not given that luxury of time and foresight.

I hope that alliances will spend more time getting to know Sparta and then they can make up their minds about what sort of people we are. We are trying to reach out to alliances to shape the future of how Sparta will be and also the future of how Planet Bob will be. I encourage those who we have failed to reach out to to come to us. If after that, you cannot consider us at least friends, then so bet it. It takes all kinds. All that we ask is that you at least make the effort before dismissing us out of hand.

Once again I know little of Sparta the alliance I can only judge from what I read and what info i get from sources. I was told Sparta had been unhappy in Q for a long time. Long before the OV incident. If you were being treated so badly at the time you should have left. Its not an easy thing to do and I never said it was. Your timing however leads me to believe something else. I know many say timing is conveinant as Valhallas cancellation of our single treaty was. No one believes our real reason so I will afford you the courtesy that others did not for us and take you at your word. GtGs posts tend to support my theory though. So once again if im wrong so be it, it wont be the first time but I do like GOD and would hate to see them betrayed so I guess I hope im wrong in that regard.

Sorry to derail this further

Edited by Buds The Man