While We're All On The Topic

Ragashingo

Probably should. As punishment you MUST set your AA to none for one day and subject yourself to a mass of recruitment messages. :P

Heh, I actually rather like recruitment messages. Gives me a chance to see what other alliances think about themselves these days. ;) I was saddened that I only got 3 in the hours I was unalinged when I rerolled. :(

Interesting read... it has been well over a year since I received a recruitment message, but I remember the vast majority of them reading as if they should have been written in crayon.

Hopefully alliances will make use of some of the suggestions you've provided.

I don't remember ever receiving (or most likely reading) recruitment messages when I first joined, or when I re-rolled. I just came to the big boards first to learn what was out there. :P

Probably should. As punishment you MUST set your AA to none for one day and subject yourself to a mass of recruitment messages. :P

You guys should just send me recruitment messages anyways. I'll rate them individually back on this thread. :ph34r:

I don't remember ever receiving (or most likely reading) recruitment messages when I first joined, or when I re-rolled. I just came to the big boards first to learn what was out there. :P

I didn't get a ridiculous amount, like the 20, 30, 40 I hear of that people get. I got maybe 6 or 7. 3 of those were from NADC, so that's how I got there first.

Lulz! :ehm:

That's the problem with recruitment. I think it annoys new players more than it helps them. There needs to be an actual in-game function that a player will find quickly which points him towards a list of alliances perhaps with what they have to offer. It would probably help new player retention. Get on that admin. :popcorn:

They actually had a topic for it once upon I time I believe, "The Beginners Alliance Guide" or something like that, all I know is that it was horribly out of date.

The greatest recruit messages are the most painful to send... personalized individual messages - basically the same "Formatted" message that you normally spam, but with the ruler's name. It's time consuming, but from my experience, the ROI is worth the extra effort.

Here's another one.

???

You're probably getting swamped with people saying "join my alliance". It happens to everyone when they first join.

In any case, I'd like to tell you about mine. We have three big things going for us.

1. NO RESPONSIBILITIES. Just don't act like an idiot. You can have as much or as little involvement as you want.

2.COMMUNISM. We are the first to be legitimately communism. Each one of us focuses on one member to make them big until eventually we are one amazing army.

3. NO FORUMS. Unlike other alliances, we communicate in game. No need for outside crap.

4. FUN. Because of the organized freedoms I can offer, fun is GUARENTEED.

Think on it

-zig

Can anyone guess what my main problem with this one is? No, it's not the fact that he never said which alliance he is a part of. No, its not the fact that he didn't provide me any hints at all of how to join his alliance. It's not even that this one was almost certainly a joke. It's the grammar error in point 2. It should read: "We are the first to be legitimately communists."

Make sure your grammar right when you try to get nations to join your cause. :)

Edited by Ragashingo

The greatest recruit messages are the most painful to send... personalized individual messages - basically the same "Formatted" message that you normally spam, but with the ruler's name. It's time consuming, but from my experience, the ROI is worth the extra effort.

Yes, I would think a personalized message would go a long way towards getting better people to join you. I wouldn't mind if someone took the time to tell me what trade resources I should go after in order to maximize my nation or something like that. Just be careful not to overwhelm the new player with terms he doesn't understand yet.

Yes, I would think a personalized message would go a long way towards getting better people to join you. I wouldn't mind if someone took the time to tell me what trade resources I should go after in order to maximize my nation or something like that. Just be careful not to overwhelm the new player with terms he doesn't understand yet.

When I was recruiting for Atlantis, I typically went with the personalized message, touched on protection, growth, aid, tech deals, and trades while focusing on Culture. I never told them "hey go here' or "hey do this" if they wanted to join, but rather if they were interested in hearing more, to send me a reply and we could talk. That typically worked very well as I think I recruited 150-ish in under 6 weeks but that was a while back - Don't do too much recruiting anymore (outside of real life that is)

EDIT - Biggest suggestion I can give though is to use FF or atleast spell check to find mistakes and make sure it's grammatically correct - it goes a long ways.

Edited by Heracles the Great

Here's another one.

???

Can anyone guess what my main problem with this one is? No, it's not the fact that he never said which alliance he is a part of. No, its not the fact that he didn't provide me any hints at all of how to join his alliance. It's not even that this one was almost certainly a joke. It's the grammar error in point 2. It should read: "We are the first to be legitimately communists."

Make sure your grammar right when you try to get nations to join your cause. :)

That's zigbigdarlou's (sp) alliance. "Insignificant." If I was a betting man I'd say he sent it to you just because of this thread...

I didn't get a ridiculous amount, like the 20, 30, 40 I hear of that people get. I got maybe 6 or 7. 3 of those were from NADC, so that's how I got there first.

Depends on when you spawn. Early in the morning will get low messages, as will during most school hours and during the working day. Anyway, I got a few saying "big alliance," a few saying "small aliance." and NADC said "medium-sized alliance." Although at that point NADC was pretty big <_<