An apology to the GPA

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight. Ivan is apologizing for the tone and text of the message but not the message itself. GPA accepts this apology and settles with it.

To me that sounds like GPA is totally happy with other alliances recruiting from their nations.

Edited by kriekfreak

For conducting actions which the majority disprove of, because they are wrong.

By your analogy, committing crimes isn't wrong because most people consider them unacceptable - it's just "thinking differently".

Until you put in a world government and start making laws for all of all of us to follow, things here are often going to be more chaotic than you would like. What are you going to do next? Will you as the self proclaimed leader of majority start setting speed limits for us to follow?

For conducting actions which the majority disprove of, because they are wrong.

OOC: By your analogy, committing crimes isn't wrong because most people consider them unacceptable - it's just "thinking differently".

Who is the majority to say what is wrong or right?

OOC: That is a very bad analogy, because not all crimes are bad or wrong in many people's eyes.

IC: Whatever though, I guess we'll be moving your alliance down on our list to develop a treaty with... Oh wait.

Until you put in a world government and start making laws for all of all of us to follow, things here are often going to be more chaotic than you would like. What are you going to do next? Will you as the self proclaimed leader of majority start setting speed limits for us to follow?

When did I proclaim to be the leader of any majority? I don't recall making any such proclamations.

When did I proclaim to be the leader of any majority? I don't recall making any such proclamations.

For someone claiming to not represent the majority, you sure are making a lot of statements about what the majority thinks.

Just by saying something is unnecessary turns people off. It gets into one's head. Talk is good and should be encouraged. Even if you don't want to hear it doesn't mean others don't want to speak it.

Some would say it was Heft's opinion, you know, the thing you seem to believe everyone should be allowed to voice. See we can all play this circular argument if you like.

I guess the jabbering about the founding of Polaris, the Polar Wars and the Citrus War go to show that most people posting really don't care about the issue of recruitment from alliances or the fact the issue was resolved to the satisfaction of the alliances involved. It is just another platform to whine about ancient history and cry into your beers about Ivan being a big meanie. I guess it is therapeutic for some to vent about these things as often as they can.

I didn't agree with the sending of the recruitment messages to members of neutral alliances so I'm pleased to see that the issue is resolved so we can all move forward.

Some would say it was Heft's opinion, you know, the thing you seem to believe everyone should be allowed to voice. See we can all play this circular argument if you like.

When I read it, it seemed like he was asking everyone to stop talking about the topic and proceeded to say why people should. The reason why may be opinion, but he still tried to stop debate. So, OK, I shouldn't question his opinion. That was wrong of me, but debate should still be encouraged.

They are only sorry they were met with such a negative reaction. When the blocs NS is more robust I expect to see them test the water once more.

And i expect their allies to punch some sense into them. If they continue this path, FB is in for an "interesting" time.

When I read it, it seemed like he was asking everyone to stop talking about the topic and proceeded to say why people should. The reason why may be opinion, but he still tried to stop debate. So, OK, I shouldn't question his opinion. That was wrong of me, but debate should still be encouraged.

You didn't question his opinion, you inferred he should not have shared it which was ironic considering what you were talking about. ;)

They are only sorry they were met with such a negative reaction. When the blocs NS is more robust I expect to see them test the water once more.

ChairmanHal predicts the future far more accurately than you do.

While the New Sith Order will never fully conform to the wills and wishes of the status quo we recognize the need to occasionally temper our zeal with the current realities of the Cyberverse and we recognize that while we may disagree with the philosophies of other alliances we can at least recognize their right to exist alongside us.

For my part, so long as I am Dark Lord of the Sith, the New Sith Order will not, until the conventions of the past are cast away abroad, seek to recruit from other sovereign alliances unless those alliances seek to recruit from us first.

I got a new banner for your cause.

nso.jpg

So basically, this is what you did Ivan.

"Hey dudes, sorry for the use of a lot of bad words when I decided that I'm gonna let my boys do whatever the heck they wanted. I don't care what they did, but sorry for the bad words being used."

I wouldn't consider that an apology GPA.