An apology to the GPA

I don't think anyone in their right mind would call TDO or GPA weak or defenseless alliances, or easy targets, or anything else of that sort. Both are sanctioned, and, really, you're reaching here, and this is coming from someone who pretty much does that for a living around these parts.

I'm sure there are legitimate things you can be outraged about.

I think you quoted the wrong person :lol1:

Try the recruitment message <_<

But thanks for the laugh...

Edited by Emperor Brutus

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine NSO with 3,000,000 per nation that NSO tried to recruit.

I know this is illogical but it teaches other alliances not to do this and NSO to never do it again.

Edit: this was in reply to Dan

LOL

There's dumb comments, and then there's this :lol1:

ok lets say that NSO never did what you guys did.

then some alliance tried to recruit people from NSO INCLUDING NSO's rulers (yes that implies you too, Corinan)

Would NSO really stand for that? No obviously NOT! What would happen, hmm..... war perhaps? IDK that is up to the leaders of NSO and since I don't know what they do to..... umm..... special areas par-say but I think NSO would bring a heavy hand onto that alliance.

So you're defending your position using speculation? You don't know how we would have reacted, don't presume that you do. Your speculating still didn't answer my question though.

I dont think sovereignty is the word I would look at but it's more like a "violation of rights".

I see it like this:

A woman (GPA) is walking down a street, a man (NSO) comes from behind and touches her.

THAT is a violation of rights and that is how I see it as.

P.S. sorry mods for the picture in your minds now but it had to be said.

I like this argument better than the bullying one. I must admit that I had a little bit of a chuckle when I heard it.

What the heck. I think this deserves a sig

So you're defending your position using speculation? You don't know how we would have reacted, don't presume that you do. Your speculating still didn't answer my question though.

I think you would have given a heavy hand to that alliance and I think you know it.

Can you not get what people are trying to tell you?

I'm using a lot of EASY metaphors and you STILL cant understand them?

Look at the meanings of the metaphor and you WILL understand what it means.

Do you have over a billion dollars just laying around?

It's not a billion, it's 3 Mil and no I don't have a billion but I can very easily get 5 mil in a week, do I want to, no why? I like to take things slow ;)

It's not a billion, it's 3 Mil and no I don't have a billion but I can very easily get 5 mil in a week, do I want to, no why? I like to take things slow ;)

But you said 3m PER PERSON, and when we're talking about possibly hundreds of nations here (And no, I don't have exact numbers), you're idea comes off as, well, hilarious.

Please post more, I love a good laugh.

I like this argument better than the bullying one. I must admit that I had a little bit of a chuckle when I heard it.

What the heck. I think this deserves a sig

Thank you, I'm here all day :D

We didn't get away with it. It is fairly clear that TDO/GPA/GOP stood up for themselves in the way they chose.

Yes in an Obama like speech, which does nothing.

I'm also not very happy that these alliances just made a speech I think they should have gone a little farther but yes it was their choice.

And technically you DID get away with a war, a fine, and whatever else people can think of.

I think you would have given a heavy hand to that alliance and I think you know it.

Can you not get what people are trying to tell you?

I'm using a lot of EASY metaphors and you STILL cant understand them?

Look at the meanings of the metaphor and you WILL understand what it means.

You've used a really bad metaphor. It's apparent that you can't explain why you think sending recruitment messages to an alliance "violates their rights." What right is it that is being violated?

But you said 3m PER PERSON, and when we're talking about possibly hundreds of nations here (And no, I don't have exact numbers), you're idea comes off as, well, hilarious.

Please post more, I love a good laugh.

*shrugs* it was JUST and idea that's all. GPA could choose ANY amount they want and say,

"you pay a fine to us, there's no war" or something like that.

Poaching is (in most cases) a DoW depending from what point the alliance that was poached upon sees it as.

Edit: I put GTA instead of GPA on accident.

Edited by King Silas

Thank you, I'm here all day :D

Yes in an Obama like speech, which does nothing.

I'm also not very happy that these alliances just made a speech I think they should have gone a little farther but yes it was their choice.

And technically you DID get away with a war, a fine, and whatever else people can think of.

Who is this Obama person you speak of? I cannot find him on my list of rulers. Anyways, if you're displeased with how they chose to handle it, bring it up with them.

*shrugs* it was JUST and idea that's all. GTA could choose ANY amount they want and say,

"you pay a fine to us, there's no war" or something like that.

Poaching is (in most cases) a DoW depending from what point the alliance that was poached upon sees it as.

You leave GTA out of this.

You've used a really bad metaphor. It's apparent that you can't explain why you think sending recruitment messages to an alliance "violates their rights." What right is it that is being violated?

Think of NSO as a person and GTA also as a person.

NSO starts talking to GTA, NSO starts poking fingers (messages, also physically and not speech wise) at GTA.

The fingers hurt if pressed to hard.

NSO just violated personal space.

Better?

NSO starts talking to GTA, NSO starts poking fingers (messages, also physically and not speech wise) at GTA.

Better?

No, not at all. Please explain it to me without using metaphors. What "rights" did we violate?

Edited by Corinan

Who is this Obama person you speak of? I cannot find him on my list of rulers. Anyways, if you're displeased with how they chose to handle it, bring it up with them.

I would but we are talking about NSO right now and why this is bad and all.

You leave GTA out of this.

Oh my bad, I meant to put in GPA instead I'm very sorry let me correct my posts.

Better?

How is that any better? Wouldn't your analogy work better if the analogous act were more similar to the one you are trying to compare it to, like say talking being similar to a pm. So pm'ing them would be like NSO going up to a random person and talking to them, just happens the random person didn't want to have that conversation. Seems more reasonable, but I guess that's not the point.

No, not at all. Please explain it to me without using metaphors. What "rights" did we violate?

The only word I can think of is "Space" you violated the rights of Space. you invaded their territory, insulted their alliance by doing this, need I go on?

I hope this is better then my metaphors because you just don't get metaphors do you?

The only word I can think of is "Space" you violated the rights of Space. you invaded their territory, insulted their alliance by doing this, need I go on?

Hence the apologies. We have all moved on except for the select uninvolved few that still choose to argue this.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

How is that any better? Wouldn't your analogy work better if the analogous act were more similar to the one you are trying to compare it to, like say talking being similar to a pm. So pm'ing them would be like NSO going up to a random person and talking to them, just happens the random person didn't want to have that conversation. Seems more reasonable, but I guess that's not the point.

you can have it BOTH ways in my opinion.

I hope this is better then my metaphors because you just don't get metaphors do you?

So if I get send a trade request to some guy in another alliance, am I invading his personal space?

Edited by Griff