The Hobart Crater Negotiations

The Chairman guided his plane down quietly into a top secret underground runway that had its covers open. After they settled down and exited the aircraft, the tram system beneath Tasmania transported them to the Hobart Terminal. As they exited.. they would notice the Terminal had been left in historic disrepair from the day the town had been annihilated. They were entering a national museum.. and historical preserve.

They took the stairway up.. to a blasted waste. Life was slowly starting to return here, the radiation had been removed by taking out soil and plants that were contaminated and a new layer of soil added, but it was taking a long time to recover from total sterilization. As they approached ground Zero, they found a table and 3 chairs waiting. Maelstrom took a seat. He gestured to the one next to him for Harlem.. and they waited then for Wellington to arrived.

The Modified Interceptor XI, three man carrier attack version came into land. It was a VOTL, and parked slightly away from the crater so it would not disturb anything.

Out of the pilots seat climbed the Duke of Fiji, while the Duke of Otago and Lord LeVentNoir climbed out of the back. They walked calmly over to the table, where LeVentNoir sat down, flanked by the two well built dukes, who remained standing.

"Hello Maelstrom. It is a curtsey to meet us in such nice terms. I am glad we can have this exchange peacefully. Other nations have been rather more juvenile.... However, that is not we are here about."

"Indeed. This place marks perhaps one of the most important and notable spots in Dragonisian history.. and the history of this island. I chose it to give us a sense of the responsibility we have over the future of this island and its people. The decision to hold these talks was not arrived at lightly, but with the center of the Empire now so far removed from Tasmania, our resources strained as it is under present burdens, and even though many Dragonisians have chosen to move from the isle.. we recognize a deficiency in maintaining proper representation of the concerns of this islands people and sustaining their quality of life."

"We do realize, however, that there are several powers in this region, who would be more than capable of providing such care, if not even superior care, at a fraction of the cost and effort. That said, whoever does take this isle, we will charge with respecting the cultural identity of the Dragonisian people here. It is known that Greater Aotearoa generally believes religion a farce, but the people of this isle are a people of a genuine faith. Can you respect that in your assumption of control of this island if it were to be permitted while still providing the level of safety, security, and prosperity that you have in your other territories?"

<He would wait for an answer and then add additionally>

"We also have Promised Land here with us, by necessity, they gave us the isle, they shall have a say in its fate. The people of this Isle greatly respect Promised Land and we would also hear what they have to say about these proceedings at any time they wish to speak."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Maelstrom looked up to Wellington, "It appears one of the members of Pax Pacis is about to activate the treaty web by attacking someone whose independence we are guaranteeing. Will we have Greater Aotearoa's support?" Maelstrom would be visibly trembling.. he also got this faintly maniacal look on his face. He was angry. They were trying to upset the very well balanced and delicate order he had helped to build in Asia.

Just as quickly as he would say that his phone would ring. "Crap, got to take this." He stood up and walked away for just a couple minutes to take the call before returning to his chair.

Upon arrival, Anthony Harlem could hardly fail to note the landscape, and the devastation around them. A testament to what could happpen if war got out of control.

When Maelstrom commented that he wished to hear anything Anthony had to say on the subject, he spoke up.

"I have one question, Lord LeVentNoir." He bowed his head slightly to show respect. "Will you be using the island as a military base of any kind? And how will your control affect trade routes that go through that region?"

"We do realize, however, that there are several powers in this region, who would be more than capable of providing such care, if not even superior care, at a fraction of the cost and effort. That said, whoever does take this isle, we will charge with respecting the cultural identity of the Dragonisian people here. It is known that Greater Aotearoa generally believes religion a farce, but the people of this isle are a people of a genuine faith. Can you respect that in your assumption of control of this island if it were to be permitted while still providing the level of safety, security, and prosperity that you have in your other territories?"

Our nation has and always will have freedom of religion, expression, speech and assembly. Minor changes to lifestyle may be needed to fit to Aotearoan religious laws, namely registration of religious groups for tax purposes, however that should be the extent of it. As for providing the same level of safety and prosperity? We have managed to do that on areas much smaller than this. Indeed, if we did not provide the same level of living as our other lands, heads would roll. Literally.

Upon arrival, Anthony Harlem could hardly fail to note the landscape, and the devastation around them. A testament to what could happpen if war got out of control.

When Maelstrom commented that he wished to hear anything Anthony had to say on the subject, he spoke up.

"I have one question, Lord LeVentNoir." He bowed his head slightly to show respect. "Will you be using the island as a military base of any kind? And how will your control affect trade routes that go through that region?"

Of course it would be used as a military base. All of our islands play their part in this nations defense, with armed forces representative guarding them. I feel you mean would we place civilians here, and that is assured. We use all available land for either food or infrastructure, and do not wish to have large military bases wasting it. As for trade routes, obtaining tazmania will require a small adjustment to out EEZ, however, nothing more shall happen.

Maelstrom looked up to Wellington, "It appears one of the members of Pax Pacis is about to activate the treaty web by attacking someone whose independence we are guaranteeing. Will we have Greater Aotearoa's support?" Maelstrom would be visibly trembling.. he also got this faintly maniacal look on his face. He was angry. They were trying to upset the very well balanced and delicate order he had helped to build in Asia.

Just as quickly as he would say that his phone would ring. "Crap, got to take this." He stood up and walked away for just a couple minutes to take the call before returning to his chair.

Its their fight. We have no ties to either of the combatants, and so can condemn it, but unless on of our allies is attacked, we shall remain down here. Many people take any move I make as some kind of IW resurgence, and with the repeated insults to my country lately, I feel that leaving them to fight may solve more problems than supporting one side or the other.

"I understand your position on Asia. I've the same reactions when DE looks to get another state people want to cry Imperialism. We don't need any more land though seriously and only take petitioners we think are sane into the Empire. It's the same reason Lutai isn't a full Imperial State. He's running through his trials as a bloc member. So far.. we're thinking he's better in the bloc for a bit longer. You could say it's a vetting process."

"My concerns are satisfied, if Promised Land is I am ready to entrust you with the future of this people.. and their representatives to our congress have advised us they are also ready to trust your governance here. Dragonisia does have some massive cultural wonders in Tasmania, in some of the side exchanges between our foreign affairs offices it was hinted you wouldn't mind providing financial recovery assistance to help relocate or rebuild those wonders on our territory in Asia. If this is true, we are also interested in establishing a free trade, even a more direct Mutual Defense pact. I'm not sure we're part of any co-operation treaties outside of Pax Pacifica, but a direct treaty between the Empire and Greater Aotearoa we believe would be extremely profitable given our size and supplies of cheap labor and your technology levels. That said, what form of treaty arrangements is Greater Aotearoa comfortable with in regards to the Empire?"

"I understand your position on Asia. I've the same reactions when DE looks to get another state people want to cry Imperialism. We don't need any more land though seriously and only take petitioners we think are sane into the Empire. It's the same reason Lutai isn't a full Imperial State. He's running through his trials as a bloc member. So far.. we're thinking he's better in the bloc for a bit longer. You could say it's a vetting process."

"My concerns are satisfied, if Promised Land is I am ready to entrust you with the future of this people.. and their representatives to our congress have advised us they are also ready to trust your governance here. Dragonisia does have some massive cultural wonders in Tasmania, in some of the side exchanges between our foreign affairs offices it was hinted you wouldn't mind providing financial recovery assistance to help relocate or rebuild those wonders on our territory in Asia. If this is true, we are also interested in establishing a free trade, even a more direct Mutual Defense pact. I'm not sure we're part of any co-operation treaties outside of Pax Pacifica, but a direct treaty between the Empire and Greater Aotearoa we believe would be extremely profitable given our size and supplies of cheap labor and your technology levels. That said, what form of treaty arrangements is Greater Aotearoa comfortable with in regards to the Empire?"

We have one of the best records regarding building relocation and can guarantee complete and utter relocation of any constructions of cultural significance.

As for a formal pact, it is regrettable that we must decline, as Glorious Aotearoa has only one defense pact, and that is the Pax Pacifica, as to not entangle ourselves with the nitpicking of international relations. For some kind of economic treaty, free trade and unrestricted access is already guaranteed in the Pax Pacifica.

"Then i guess we're set treaty wise. The only complication would be the Great Temple. Do you think you can really move that? We're talking a super stadium size complex that has been excavated out of a cavern system. The stock markets and such may be movable, but those are easily relocated simply by moving the systems and not the building so you could keep those. That's the only structure of great concern to Dragonisia.. we're going to have to build something comparable in India. But you'd be welcome to use your own crews and help us rebuild it versus paying a cash sum if that's acceptable."

The secession of Tasmania from the Dragonisian state into Greater Aotearoan sovereignty.

The terms of this treaty are simple, the Island of Tasmania and contents is hereby surrendered to Greater Aotearoa upon the relocation of, payment for, or reconstruction of cultural wonders located in Tasmania to the Asian domains of Dragonisia, preferably located in or near the suburbs of Bengaluru all citizens of Tasmania will be accepted as full citizens of Greater Aotearoa and will fall into their care.

Maelstrom Vortex,

Chairman of the state of Dragonisia

Triumvirate Adviser of the Dragon Empire

Signed for Glorious Aotearoa:

LeVentNoir, Lord and Duke of Wellington.

After their discussions, he got an idea, and quickly penned a document. "The representative from Promised Land must also sign this document for it to become binding."

"Then i guess we're set treaty wise. The only complication would be the Great Temple. Do you think you can really move that? We're talking a super stadium size complex that has been excavated out of a cavern system. The stock markets and such may be movable, but those are easily relocated simply by moving the systems and not the building so you could keep those. That's the only structure of great concern to Dragonisia.. we're going to have to build something comparable in India. But you'd be welcome to use your own crews and help us rebuild it versus paying a cash sum if that's acceptable."

Well it is your interesting point that you did riddle this island like moles. So yes, we will send laborers to rebuild it in India.

Other wise, yes, we will sign.

Signed for Glorious Aotearoa:

LeVentNoir, Lord and Duke of Wellington.

"I think it might surprise you the sheer bulk of surface area that will be waiting for you below your feet. We didn't have a choice. Look around you? If we had stayed up here overly long we would have done naught but starve. After the island was nuked the only survivors were already underground. We knew we couldn't go back up, so we expanded on what we had without ceasing. Expansion in all directions permissible and safe by engineering still continues to this day."

Anthony sighed, but there were obviously not going to be any concessions having to do with Promised Land. But that was to be expected. though the land had once belonged to them, it did no longer.

He took the pen and signed.

On behgalf of Supreme General Davies and Promised Land, I hereby sign this document.

~Anthony Harlem

"Well, I think our business here is concluded." He knelt down, kissed his fingers, then touched the ground. He looked to Wellington, "Take very good care of them." He extended his hand to shake Wellington's.

He would turn back to look at Harlem, "Well, I guess I owe you a ride back.. then I am going to contact Viniland, I have a long over-due conference to attend there."

He would walk back to the train station and take the tram back to the airbase. At the airbase, he would board the nosferatu with Harlem and head back to Promised Land for his first stop.. then he would begin his trans-pacific flight. A tanker plane was waiting half-way across the oceans waves to refuel him.