Best Alliance Flag

Rocknraider

Best Alliance Flag  

660 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for fun, I'll see how each flag does using THE FIVE BASIC PRINCIPLES OF FLAG DESIGN

1. Keep It Simple

The flag should be so simple that a child can draw it from memory…

IAA-Fail. No explanation needed.

2. Use Meaningful Symbolism

The flag’s images, colors, or patterns should relate to what it symbolizes…

IAA-I see some random junk hanging around. Fail.

3. Use 2–3 Basic Colors

Limit the number of colors on the flag to three, which contrast well and come from the standard color set…

IAA-Again, terrible contrast. Fail.

I'm gonna address your points about these ones, mainly and correct your ignorance.

Firstly when it say Simple enough a child can draw it from memory that means when the child draws it you get the general Idea of what the flag is. What child, except for maybe an art prodigy can draw the american flag 100% correct. Im my eyes the Imperial Flag is rather simple, a white base, blue cross, Imperial Insignia in the middle, surrounded by 12 stars, and a wreath.

Now for Meaningful symbolism, Imperial Insignia does it need an explanation? 12 stars representing the 12 seats of government within the IAA. The Wreath, representing the supreme ruler of the IAA, The Emperor.

lastly, colors IAA flag is 2 colors, blue and white which are very contrasting, so I fail to see your complaint. Blue and White is one of the bests contrasts, unless you want us to do blue and yellow.

From all those flags I like FOK and FAN's most. I think TOP could do much better (Sorry guys). The platypus could be capitalized on much more. Put it in the middle, stop doing the 2 triangle thingies. Just think of something else with orange and black. Those two colours are a good match but not in this flag.

I like FOK's the best. It's simple and has that awesome looking lion. The lion is from some sports team right? I saw it on some guy's jersey one day. The IAA gets the silver medal IMO. It might be cooler with a little variety in color, but I like the Star Wars symbol placed inside the wreath.

I like FOK's the best. It's simple and has that awesome looking lion. The lion is from some sports team right? I saw it on some guy's jersey one day. The IAA gets the silver medal IMO. It might be cooler with a little variety in color, but I like the Star Wars symbol placed inside the wreath.

I think the FOK lion is from the ING group.

LONG STORY.

Basically, 1st go round was a mistake, second go round it just didn't fit. And unless MK wished to provide where they were seconded, it was only a self-nomination as far as I could find.

Where did the rules say you needed a second?

Where did the rules say you needed a second?

Pardon, I meant seconded by a third party. The only nominiations I saw for MK were by MK members. Again, TOP managed to point out a second for their flag, but no one found one for MK, hence why it has yet to appear.

From all those flags I like FOK and FAN's most. I think TOP could do much better (Sorry guys). The platypus could be capitalized on much more. Put it in the middle, stop doing the 2 triangle thingies. Just think of something else with orange and black. Those two colours are a good match but not in this flag.

our flag is 3 years old and just think about how long it would take to get a new flag approved at TOP speed

Pardon, I meant seconded by a third party. The only nominiations I saw for MK were by MK members. Again, TOP managed to point out a second for their flag, but no one found one for MK, hence why it has yet to appear.

Third party or not, nowhere in the rules was a second mentionned. In any case, this third party second was pointed out by Archon (if I recall correclty) but OP said he didn't have any place in the poll. Yet, OP somehow found some place for TOP and not MK. :rolleyes:

Third party or not, nowhere in the rules was a second mentionned. In any case, this third party second was pointed out by Archon (if I recall correclty) but OP said he didn't have any place in the poll. Yet, OP somehow found some place for TOP and not MK. :rolleyes:

It is stated, however, that votes cannot be done by members of the alliance. It stands to reason a third party second is necessary if a first person vote doesn't count. It doesn't need to be stated. And if such was the case and Archon pointed out the second, apparently he just isn't as successful as being whiny as Saber was, and was overlooked. It happens. It's not like the winner gets anything anyway. :rolleyes:

It is stated, however, that votes cannot be done by members of the alliance. It stands to reason a third party second is necessary if a first person vote doesn't count. It doesn't need to be stated. And if such was the case and Archon pointed out the second, apparently he just isn't as successful as being whiny as Saber was, and was overlooked. It happens. It's not like the winner gets anything anyway. :rolleyes:

Sorry for pointing out mistakes in your work, I didn't mean to get your panties twisted.