Best Alliance Flag

Rocknraider

Best Alliance Flag  

660 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Voted FAN, because, well, I like the soldier guy (whatever that is) and I love the color yellow.

Plus I'm supposed to be on blue for my alliance but I'm yellow anyway because I want to vote for FAN in the election every time, lol.

It's the minuteman :) Here's another pic:

Minuteman3.jpg

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of like IAA's flag, but outside the Imperial symbol in the center reflecting their theme as a Star Wars alliance, I couldn't explain a lick of it.

He also failed the IAA flag on colours, when really, the dark blue, and white colours do not clash. Blue/White are very popular together.

Also: Symbolism: Obviously the symbol in the center is to link us to the Star Wars theme, the wreath is a symbol of our Emperor, and the stars represent our Government.

As for the "bunch of random junk" comment, I appreciate that Essenia, I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time I see your house (it's a joke).

Skull, skeleton, same difference.

You know, I thought I might give you a little respect on your opinions, until I saw this post, then I thought, "Nope, never mind him."

Edited by Asriel Belacqua

You know, I thought I might give you a little respect on your opinions, until I saw this post, then I thought, "Nope, never mind him.

Sarcasm detected 3...2...1... I know it is a platypus skeleton, I just misspoke. If that is your excuse for dismissing my opinion of your alliance's flag off hand, that's a pretty bad one.

I am severely disappointed IAA isn't higher.

I know, what the FOK.

I guess people don't think our flag deserves to be at the VEry TOP. Maybe they're just not FANs. NpO pun.

It's cool we got this far though, we have awesome graphics people and I'm proud of the work they do.

My opinions:

FOK- Nice colouring, albeit a bit uncreative. Gets bonus points for being Dutch. Symbolism would never work in the real world, but this IS CN.

VE- I don't know if it's this image, but the griffinf fades against the background. Otherwise a solid but again slightly uncreative flag.

FAN- Nice colours, nice symbols, only suffers perhaps from a bit of overly detailed symbols (but then, on a big flag you'll just note the general trends anyway)

NpO- Pretty neat; may be a bit too bright for my eyes if I stare at it too long. I like the RL version better.

IAA- Symbol overload, again. I dislike the specific type of blue, but for the rest it's okay, and creative.

TOP- I still like it, but then, it's largely nostalgia too. I disagree with the colour-clash complaint, but that's only because our uncreativity means we have an example which combines dark red and black, which is pretty similar. The Platypus is a bit overly small, that I certainly agree with, but we needed to fit it somewhere and the center of the flag would have been horrible IMO.

TOP- I still like it, but then, it's largely nostalgia too. I disagree with the colour-clash complaint, but that's only because our uncreativity means we have an example which combines dark red and black, which is pretty similar. The Platypus is a bit overly small, that I certainly agree with, but we needed to fit it somewhere and the center of the flag would have been horrible IMO.

Lower right position of platypus is not surprising since flag was conceived as template for national flags of each member. In upper left corner you would put coat of arms of your nation and in lower right there is alliance coat of arms.

Color clash, don't think so but that's just me.

Design is also a reference to Paradox Interactive as flag of Rebels in EU2 series is diagonal red/black and this is just redesign of that.