Best Alliance Flag

Rocknraider

Best Alliance Flag  

660 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just cringing at the NPO flag.

Solid Colors. NpO's flas has far too many lines. Star and globe are ugly. As for the others,

FOK-The Dutch flag, with a lion. Looks nice, but no points for creativity there.

VE-The IJN ensign, but with two colors that go terribly and a poorly rendered thing inside the 'sun'.

FAN-Having images that detailed on flags is usually pretty ugly, the random thin yellow stripes don't help either. Does get points for being instantly recognizable and distinct.

IAA-The colors don't mix well together; the white space looks terrible, as does the thingy in the center. Stars and olive branch don't match well.

TOP-Orange and black. That's unfortunate. Also, the placement of the skull is awful- no good flag has the emblem in the lower right.

Skull? Skull? Skull? :o:huh:

Also, for those complaining that TOP's was included in this poll check the results thus far of this poll...

Not that we're voting on the physical version, but I thought you might be interested to see what we did with the tricky parts. We don't do any of the fancy "globe" work but keep just a plain circle, although the star is still fairly tricky to draw I guess. This one is Dark Shakuras's flag and photo:

5055_1148539587298_1041810282_30510.jpg

PolarFlag.jpg

I think it turned out pretty nice looking.

That's both Orders with RL flags now - where did you go to get them made?

Why wasn't TOP in any of the other polls then?

LONG STORY.

Basically, 1st go round was a mistake, second go round it just didn't fit. And unless MK wished to provide where they were seconded, it was only a self-nomination as far as I could find.

Skull? Skull? Skull? :o:huh:

Also, for those complaining that TOP's was included in this poll check the results thus far of this poll...

Why yes, I'm sure that as soon a TOP'er noticed the flag was in the poll, he went to TOP forums and told everyone to vote for it. :P

By the way, the real life NpO flag looks awesome. Better than the pixel one, I'd say. ;)

Edited by Locke

Isn't NpO flag just a remake of the NPO flag? Just wondering why NPO isn't available as an option.

There was two prevouis polls that NPO didn't make it through while NpO did.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=61718

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=61185

I kind of like IAA's flag, but outside the Imperial symbol in the center reflecting their theme as a Star Wars alliance, I couldn't explain a lick of it. TOP's flag should probably be orange and white rather than orange and black, given their historically reserved nature, but hey, that's a minor detail. It certainly seems to be working for 'em so far.

Are any of these the best flag in the game? It's arguable and a question of opinion, thus this long series of polls. Are they all terrible, as you say and repeat? No, especially not in comparison to the rest of CN in flags as judged by your own demands and especially not by the standards demanded by CN. I personally think they're all fairly good and was hard pressed to select one from the first four (FOK, VE, FAN, NpO). In the end, green is my favorite color, so I voted VE.

I agree on all points. I ended up voting FAN, for obvious reasons, though. There aren't as many of us as there are of some others. :)

Voted FAN, because, well, I like the soldier guy (whatever that is) and I love the color yellow.

Plus I'm supposed to be on blue for my alliance but I'm yellow anyway because I want to vote for FAN in the election every time, lol.

Neither does Pacifica. He left the game.

:lol1:

That's going to be a fun one to explain to folks in the future. "What, this? Oh I got it because of an online game I got bored of and quit!" At least the flags can be put away if you give up.

Despite voting FAN for obvious reasons, if there were ever a chance to get a RL flag for Antarctica, Polaris' one would have to be it!