Network Inquiry

medicjoe95

I know that it is against the rules to have multiple nations on the same network, and I know many people who play CN are on college campuses or use other public sources for internet.

My inquiry is, how do I protect my account as I move onto a college campus in the fall? As long as I do not knowingly engage in trade/aid/wars with anybody on the same network, should I be fine?

I guess my question is more like, can I get my account removed solely because of coincidence? Do the "warnings" add up and eventually cause your account to be terminated automatically without admin/mod review? If so, how do I protect myself beyond being reasonably careful?

Thanks,

Joe

Plenty of people here play on college networks and are fine (I am one of them).

I believe moderation does not solely use IP addresses and network information to determine if a nation is considered a multi or not.

So basically you could get deleted, yes, but I do not think that the likelihood is too high unless you intentionally interact with people you know are on the same network.

It's not often, but it does happen. I know someone on a college network who did get deleted for a multi, but no other players at that college (that we knew of, anyway) interacted with him or got deleted. However, it's the only occasion I know of, and I'm on a college network as well, so I can attest to it not being dangerous unless you're unlucky. Chances are you probably won't get deleted.

Plenty of people here play on college networks and are fine (I am one of them).

I believe moderation does not solely use IP addresses and network information to determine if a nation is considered a multi or not.

So basically you could get deleted, yes, but I do not think that the likelihood is too high unless you intentionally interact with people you know are on the same network.

This is correct.

It's not often, but it does happen. I know someone on a college network who did get deleted for a multi, but no other players at that college (that we knew of, anyway) interacted with him or got deleted. However, it's the only occasion I know of, and I'm on a college network as well, so I can attest to it not being dangerous unless you're unlucky. Chances are you probably won't get deleted.

Have you not considered that the one person who got deleted was actually a multi?