Time Scale

King Kevz

Time Scale  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok after reading a certain topic I thought about this and the confusion and problems it can cause for us CNRP players. For example if we have two different players, 1 who uses 1 month = 1 year and another who uses 3 months = 1 year then certain problems arise. In this case the person using the 1 to 1 ratio will be able to RP building three times as much as the other player other problems can inculde an inconsistency of dates IC. So I made this poll to see what the community's feelings are on a time scale might be.

Also don't forget to post your comments here on what you think about the time scale.

You cannot force someone to RP by any sort of system they don't want to.

We already have a tech scale and that forces people to RP by a system so your comment isn't really true as we do already force people to follow a system.

Edited by King Kevz

Wasn't there a thread like this – one that was locked in the end? )):

Time is relevant to each player.

I understand that JED but if you take my example someone who uses a different scale can gain an advantage other someone else.

We already have a tech scale and that forces people to RP by a system so your comment isn't really true as we do already force people to follow a system.

You can only voluntarily follow the tech scale. Remember - it is a guideline, not a rule. I don't have to follow anything on the World Map RP by myself, but when I RP with someone else it is up to them to follow a single set of rules for the duration of the roleplay.

Edited by Sargun

You can only voluntarily follow the tech scale. Remember - it is a guideline, not a rule. I don't have to follow anything on the World Map RP by myself, but when I RP with someone else it is up to them to follow a single set of rules for the duration of the roleplay.

Actually no if I decided to not follow the tech scale and instead RP'd my nation as being first world how long do you think it would take before others leapt on me with OOC comments saying no you can't do that?

Edited by King Kevz

Actually no if I decided to not follow the tech scale and instead RP'd my nation as being first world how long do you think it would take before others leapt on me with OOC comments saying no you can't do that?

Then they can go blow themselves. :wub:

Wasn't there a thread like this – one that was locked in the end? )):

Time is relevant to each player.

Yes, there was anbother thread like this.

Anyone who wants to RP with me plays by my timescale, something I've said publicly and thus they will follow. :wub:

So what would you do if the community banded together and started using a different scale? Wouldn;t you get a little lonely out on the limb by yourself? :P

For the record to everyone else, I never gave time scales much thought until the whole issue was brought up the first time, and from then on, i decided to use 1 RL month = 1 RP year.

I usually go with 1 month = 1 year, but each RP can vary. It should be common sense that each player involved in an RP should agree to a certain time scale for that RP.

However, the fastest an RP can go should always be 1 RL month = 1 IC year. IMO, its just too dang fast to RP any faster than the already fast 1 RL month to 1 IC year. (To put it out there, of course an RP can be any speed slower than 1 RL month to 1 IC year, just the max should be 1 RL month to 1 IC year)

I think that a single timescale shouldn't exist, because there are so many different things that would require a different timescale. If you have a construction thread, a faster timescale would be used. However, in a war, the time would basically be 1 day=1 day. I think that the timescale in certain threads should be decided by the participants, however, it shouldn't be all encompassing.

I think that a single timescale shouldn't exist, because there are so many different things that would require a different timescale. If you have a construction thread, a faster timescale would be used. However, in a war, the time would basically be 1 day=1 day. I think that the timescale in certain threads should be decided by the participants, however, it shouldn't be all encompassing.

But if the construction of a facility was sped up, then there would be inbalence as you could theoretically build more defenses and civilian structures as other nations RP'ing at a slower rate than yourself, and since time is going faster than you would be making more money. That is why there should be a max to the speed of RP's. Plus people need to learn to either wait or take more time on their RP posts (as we here to have fun, thus people should only take on RP's that they can have fun doing).

But if the construction of a facility was sped up, then there would be inbalence as you could theoretically build more defenses and civilian structures as other nations RP'ing at a slower rate than yourself, and since time is going faster than you would be making more money. That is why there should be a max to the speed of RP's. Plus people need to learn to either wait or take more time on their RP posts (as we here to have fun, thus people should only take on RP's that they can have fun doing).

...or rp's that they know will build up to more fun later. :D

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

I use my own timescale, so if you invade me and I invade back, only those things built on my timescale will be there.

Just the same, if on your timescale my defenses are finished and on mine they're not, then they're not finished.