Poaching from our ranks- NSO

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well sure, but that could only mean that was an alliance-sanctioned action.

What, a couple people mass PM'ing equals alliance action? I'm sure it can't be hard to get a couple buddies to join in on a scheme like this without government getting involved. Though there's no question about it being alliance sanctioned, it was stated in the OP and hasn't been refuted by any NSO members yet.

t has been confirmed by NSO that it was approved by their 2nd in command, Doppleganger
Doppelganger is not second in command.

Actually NSO doesn't have a second in command. Next to Ivan is his Darth Council of several individuals, one of whom is in fact Doppelganger.

Just an FYI.

Over a fun 2 week skirmish with CnG?
What?
One day NSO will get its just desserts and will be rolled.

Probably!

Another one? Interesting.
I expect two more at least.
Sith wouldn't know anything about honor or commitments.
I remember this one time there was this one Dark Lord dude. He was bad $@!. He killed all the Jedi, and to do it sacrificed his apprentice in an effort to make another guy fall further to the Dark Side. Harsh man I know, but really Sith.

wait....... How did this thread turn into the YAY NSO KEEP POACHING and BOOO NEUTRALS STOP BEING BAAAAAAAWWWWWWW babies thread???

I do believe we're witnessing something quite interesting here. I have a sneaking suspicion this is the first real attempt in a long while to [ooc] introduce roleplaying back onto the world stage [/ooc]

And, quite frankly, I like it.

wait....... How did this thread turn into the YAY NSO KEEP POACHING and BOOO NEUTRALS STOP BEING BAAAAAAAWWWWWWW babies thread???

Because people hate neutrals and even if what NSO did was stupid it shows they have balls of steel and are generally manly men.

Why did NSO even consider doing this in the first place?

I can only assume it was because they believed neutral alliances wouldn't do anything about it.

If it was all just a joke, it was a pretty bad one.

No, they knew they would, look at the taunting in the last line. They just want to get a rise out of some people, and they're doing it spectacularly well. My hat's off to you, NSO, it takes skill to make poaching funny. :awesome:

Because people hate neutrals and even if what NSO did was stupid it shows they have balls of steel and are generally manly men.

I wouldnt bet my alliance on it. And NSO just did that.

What would happen if... for example... TDO were to sign the ICE ODP? That wouldnt be very neutral-ish but it would definitely bring back some fun for us in the game. Heh.

Is this what the world has come to?

Spying is NOT an act of war but sending PMs IS an act of war?

*facepalm*

Besides, in this new era, everyone can say anything they want, including recruiting messages, right? Don't restrict free speech!

Also, do you know how many flipping messages NPO members are receiving about their alliance affiliation and where they should be instead?

I wouldnt bet my alliance on it. And NSO just did that.

What would happen if... for example... TDO were to sign the ICE ODP? That wouldnt be very neutral-ish but it would definitely bring back some fun for us in the game. Heh.

Yeah, they should get on that then if it's their goal to "bring back some fun for us in the game."

Is this what the world has come to?

Spying is NOT an act of war but sending PMs IS an act of war?

*facepalm*

Besides, in this new era, everyone can say anything they want, including recruiting messages, right? Don't restrict free speech!

Also, do you know how many flipping messages NPO members are receiving about their alliance affiliation and where they should be instead?

Every single thread for the past few months has been about the NPO, please let's not derail this into yet another one.

The only people we'd be able to get would be non neutrals who don't belong in your alliance anyway. If anything, we are helping to ensure you are what you say you are. The very fact that y'all are complaining about this "poaching" proves nothing but that you are afraid of being exposed as unneutral.

And by the way, I have yet to hear them articulate an argument against recruiting from their ranks- they merely appeal to arbitrary community norms. Consider it from a utilitarian perspective. Recruiting nations form them will not harm their ability to carry out their neutral policies, as one nation can be neutral just as well as 1000, whereas any nation we recruit from them will increase our ability to carry out policies, since more nations will allow us to project more power. We are helping ourselves while, in terms of consequences, are not hurting them. From a utilitarian perspective, then, what we did was quite a good thing.