Swear Filter

youwish959

Mild expletives (crap, d*mn, etc) are frowned upon and should be extremely limited in use. OOC attacks using mild expletives will result in a warning. The only forum with a lesser restriction on the use of mild expletives is the RP forum. Excessive use of what are deemed mild expletives in the RP forums will result in a warning.

Harsh Expletives (sh*t, f*ck, *ss, b**ch, etc.) are forbidden on all parts of the forum. Use of harsh explicative, even in the RP forum, will be subject to warning from moderation up to and including forum access restriction.

Namecalling is not an acceptable behavior on this forum no matter if it is IC/OOC. Doing so will result in a warn level raise.

Filtered words

Any attempts to evade the word filter will result in a warning. The terms we have filtered are filtered for a reason and no excuse for evasion will be accepted.

Not entirely sure what the policy is regarding expletives that are successfully filtered. I mean, if I talk about the #$%*ing ______, does that count as me actually saying the word that was filtered?

Not entirely sure what the policy is regarding expletives that are successfully filtered. I mean, if I talk about the #$%*ing ______, does that count as me actually saying the word that was filtered?

I do not believe so.

saying $%&@ and having it filtered is afaik acceptable.

Filtered expletives are allowed as long as you allow them to be filtered and don't try to bypass the censor. Self-censoring (such as is found in the OP) is considered attempting to bypass the filter. Don't do it. Also keep in mind that swearing at someone may be flaming based on context and doing so is probably a bad idea. Simply having @#%& in your post is not against the rules, though, no.