WFF Response to the PRESIDENT HARLING incident

To Zig, the Insignificant, and Planet Bob observing at large, each in turn:

Zig, I can understand your anger, and I applaud the sensibilty with which you have approached this incident. I thank you for your level headedness. Being the leader of an awesome AA like The Insignificant should mean by default that you shouldn't have to put up with crap like this. Personally, to you, on behalf of World Freedom Federation, I am sorry. With the information presented to me, I have come to believe that this is a misunderstanding with unintended consequences, as I will now explain.

the Insignificant, as much as it seems like we have attempted to tear a member who you have built up and heavily invested yourselves in, I can assure you that these were not the intentions we set out with. As I understand, several PM's were sent to Nations which appeared to be themed like the Ace Combat video game series, matching our own, to inform them that we exist. In hindsight, we realise that 'There's a DoE on the OWF if anyone was interested anyway.' As far as I am aware, this was the PM that was sent:

Subject: Ace Combat

Message: Hey there, I am here to let you know about a small alliance that has an Ace Combat theme. If you already have an alliance and you are happy, disregard this message. We are looking for active and seasoned players to join the World Freedom Federation. Our main focus in the WFF is individual nation growth and strong economic programs. We also have the RAZGRIZ military academy! Check us out!

http://worldfreedomfed.14.forumer.com/

IRC: #wff

It was purely intended as an informative PM, that was sent to several nations. This outcome was neither expected, nor are we embracing it.

We, being World Freedom Federation, hereby apologise for the disruption, the outrage, and the sheer magnitude of dickishness this failed thrust into international affairs has caused and displayed. We are dismayed that the situation has blown out like this, and sincerely apologise for our actions, and accept the public humiliation that our actions have attracted.

Welcome to the consequences, WFF I suppose. I hereby invite the Insignificant, whether in IRC at our public channel, #WFF, or publicly on the forums, to disclose how we may resolve this situation further. We have admitted guilt, and, assuming it is reasonable, will accept the Insignificant's claims for damages.

I personally deeply regret that this careless thrust by our Alliance has essentially destroyed any prospects of future friendships between us, but would like to express that after we work this issue out, which we will, if you can find heart enough to forgive us, we would like to extend the hand of friendship- but understand implicitly if the response to any such move is a short, sharp 'Get F%#ked!'

And finally, to planet Bob at large,

We have learned a valuable lesson about international interactions which we have decisively learnt from. Effectively, this is our first foreign affairs failure, and more than likely our last.

We will prove ourselves as the good people that we are, please, we ask a second chance and redemption.

I thank you.

To Zig, the Insignificant, and Planet Bob observing at large, each in turn:

Zig, I can understand your anger, and I applaud the sensibilty with which you have approached this incident. I thank you for your level headedness. Being the leader of an awesome AA like The Insignificant should mean by default that you shouldn't have to put up with crap like this.

^suck up

for everyone to see: reps

<zigbigadorlou> anyways

<zigbigadorlou> in return, I offer the following terms

<zigbigadorlou> 50 tech to each of the following, to pay off debts:

<zigbigadorlou> http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=146813

<zigbigadorlou> and

<zigbigadorlou> http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=139551

<zigbigadorlou> for president harling to switch his gov type to anarchy for 5 days

<zigbigadorlou> along with nord

<zigbigadorlou> for a different member to write a second, non heartfelt and very sarcastic/bitter appology

<&Lutmil[NEW]> 100T ? reps ?

<zigbigadorlou> and lastly, for you to recruit the rest of my alliance

will they accept?

"Message: Hey there, I am here to let you know about a small alliance that has an Ace Combat theme. If you already have an alliance and you are happy, disregard this message. We are looking for active and seasoned players to join the World Freedom Federation. Our main focus in the WFF is individual nation growth and strong economic programs. We also have the RAZGRIZ military academy! Check us out!"

So much for an informational PM, so if he wasn't happy in his alliance what? I also find it funny how you Informational PM is aimed at people with and without AA, I would call that recruiting to be honest.

So let me get this right.... They have less then 10 members (Most alliances don't even recognize alliances under 15 members) they don't have a protectorate agreement and they are upset that someone sent them a recruitment message. To me and quite a few others their is no difference between them and someone flying the "none" alliance affiliation.

So let me see if I understand this correctly. For the terrible crime of sending a message, The Insignificant are demanding 100 technology levels to be sent to two nations, both the leader and another member of the World Freedom Federation to voluntarily anarchy themselves and then for them to recruit the rest of your alliance?

If that's a joke it's a rather poor one.

So let me get this right.... They have less then 10 members (Most alliances don't even recognize alliances under 15 members) they don't have a protectorate agreement and they are upset that someone sent them a recruitment message. To me and quite a few others their is no difference between them and someone flying the "none" alliance affiliation.

They are protected by Internet Superheroes who is (still?) protected by Poison Clan

Edited by Newhotness

They are protected by Internet Superheroes who is (still?) protected by Poison Clan

Actually, we hold an ODAP with Zig's alliance.

I think OP's apology was crap. Recruiting is a !@#$%* when you're in a small alliance, so for a bigger alliance to come around and steal the members you fought hard to get, then try to cast it off with an apology and try and justify it by saying that "informative messages" were sent is !@#$%^&*. Zig asking for you to anarchy some of your gov doesn't make sense, but I certainly think he's in the right to ask for tech reparations.

So let me see if I understand this correctly. For the terrible crime of sending a message, The Insignificant are demanding 100 technology levels to be sent to two nations, both the leader and another member of the World Freedom Federation to voluntarily anarchy themselves and then for them to recruit the rest of your alliance?

It's Zig, what did you expect? He knows better than to take alliance politics seriously (yes, that's a compliment to Zig). :)

o/ Zig \o

To WFF: Hey guys, it happens. I heard you guys talking about doing this a night or two ago. I should have stopped you all right then, but I didn't realize that you would be sending those messages to nations already in alliances. If you can't tell, Zig isn't pissed off about this anymore, so PLEASE stop with the major sucking up. I don't know Zig all that well but I know him well enough to realize that he isn't going to hate you guys for this. In fact, Zig is the best person you could have done this to, anybody else would have already launched nukes.

The next time you think a move is going to be iffy, GO TO YOUR TREATY PARTNERS AND ASK THEM FOR ADVICE!!! YOUR TREATY PARTNERS WANT TO HELP YOU!!! What the hell else are we for! :P

Actually, we hold an ODAP with Zig's alliance.

I think OP's apology was crap. Recruiting is a !@#$%* when you're in a small alliance, so for a bigger alliance to come around and steal the members you fought hard to get, then try to cast it off with an apology and try and justify it by saying that "informative messages" were sent is !@#$%^&*. Zig asking for you to anarchy some of your gov doesn't make sense, but I certainly think he's in the right to ask for tech reparations.

Trust me, these guys meant no harm. Inexperience was everything here. If you knew them as well as I do you'd also come to this conclusion as well. :)

Edited by The Manbearpig

its an Optional Protectorate Pact. Get it right.

Its only a half joke.

The 100 tech is to repay the debts owed.

The 2 self anarchies are to recognize submission.

And the third is to see if anyone else wants to jump ship.

also, they have to remain active through the anarchies. Forgot to mention that.

If you can't tell, Zig isn't pissed off about this anymore,

lawl he thought I was pissed :lol1:

We're ready to offer any kind of help to solve this out. Please be passion since we're working this out :)

And for Zig, i behalf NEW offer you our deepest apologizes. I will try to contact you along with WFF as soon as possible.

And for others, thanks for sharing your opinions. We really appreciate that :)

Did we conduct a poll of alliances to see how many of them consider an alliance not to be an alliance until they reach 15 members?

The Cult of Justitia recognizes alliances of 2 or more, since an alliance is a formal agreement or treaty between two or more nations to cooperate for specific purposes.

Your made up definition of an alliance doesn't define the reality of the situation, that one alliance recruited from another alliance.

Edited by Schattenmann

Did we conduct a poll of alliances to see how many of them consider an alliance not to be an alliance until they reach 15 members?

The Cult of Justitia recognizes alliances of 2 or more, since an alliance is a formal agreement or treaty between two or more nations to cooperate for specific purposes.

Your made up definition of an alliance doesn't define the reality of the situation, that one alliance recruited from another alliance.

the way I see it: formally called an alliance or not, I've got friends and we can beat you up. sovereignty isn't something that comes natural, it is something that is earned through fear and agreement. So yes, we are an alliance.

Trust me, these guys meant no harm. Inexperience was everything here. If you knew them as well as I do you'd also come to this conclusion as well. :)

That's very nice, but inexperienced or not, we all must face the consequences of our actions. If WFF would like to resolve this sooner than later, perhaps they could offer 100-150 tech to Zig for the trouble caused so that we can be done with this mess.

That's very nice, but inexperienced or not, we all must face the consequences of our actions. If WFF would like to resolve this sooner than later, perhaps they could offer 100-150 tech to Zig for the trouble caused so that we can be done with this mess.

I'm not arguing the reps, I'm arguing that their intentions were benign.