Grab your top hats and monocles

Who said anything about war? I'm referring to the fact that they're on opposite sides of the web, as you can tell from the fact I said 'they were pretty much diametrically opposite on the web'.

You have a very strange definition of diametrically opposite. Apart from the direct Invicta-Athens tie, we also share the following common treaty partners between CDT members and C&G: TORN, Genesis, ODN, MHA, GLOF, and of course BAPS - who are no longer tied to C&G, but only because TDSM8 disbanded.

Somehow I don't think those five alliances are all torn up about their ties to diametrically opposed ends of the treaty web.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You spelled monocle correctly, so I'm satisfied ... even if DE's flag is uh, well, yeah. Not sure what it is to be honest.

Since I am one of the few DE gov that knows what the flag means, and since DE is no more, I will elaborate on the flag.

The DE flag represents the alliances involved with merger. The top is BDC since they went to the AA first, the next is Element, then OBS and finally LX. In the middle is a DE which is blurred. Go ahead look for it.

The one that is far away is one of the alliances that was in the talks in the beginning but subsequently left them, Out of respect, I will keep the alliance to myself.

And o7 the Flag. Good luck guys, as I said before. Also Max, you can't possible fail now that Londo is involved :P.

Maybe a slight exaggeration, they are at about 120° to each other.

If you discount PIATs (which you really should considering how they are dealt with in tricky situations), their ties are much more different.

Athens: Van, MK, GR, DE, M*A*S*H, Sparta, FoB

DE: Athens, GR, UPN, FEAR, Invicta, UPN, UCN, Sparta, FoB

And since C&G is basically in Karma, and CDT basically in Hegemony, yes those ties pull in completely opposite directions.

I don't know why I'm arguing over what my own eyes are showing me to be honest. If you care, open up the web and look at it.

Maybe a slight exaggeration, they are at about 120° to each other.

If you discount PIATs (which you really should considering how they are dealt with in tricky situations), their ties are much more different.

Athens: Van, MK, GR, DE, M*A*S*H, Sparta, FoB

DE: Athens, GR, UPN, FEAR, Invicta, UPN, UCN, Sparta, FoB

And since C&G is basically in Karma, and CDT basically in Hegemony, yes those ties pull in completely opposite directions.

I don't know why I'm arguing over what my own eyes are showing me to be honest. If you care, open up the web and look at it.

^_^

I can't even remember who argued with Mr. Janova, but to say Athens and DE's treaties don't tread onto different spheres is entirely wrong. CDT was hegemony and CnG is heavily embedded in Karma, all our alliances are at war with NPO currently except for MK, but everyone knows MK are NPO lovers.

Very poor show guys.... I'm very disappointed in this.

This was obviously a move of desperation and a horrible one at that.

You can spin it however you like, and have people blindly o/'ing you...... but I will never support people clawing for sanction status and demanding tech from a forgiven transgression.

Also, http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=62206 ;) Good job to put a ban evader like Yuri into your gov. ;) I have lots of interesting query logs with Yuri where he admits to cheating and how he cheats. :D

o/ Menotah for being the true evolutionists.

P.S. - Having an alliance of mostly inactive players really helped your cause Max since most of them would have said no if they actually knew the truth.

Edited by Hunterman1043

You can spin it however you like, and have people blindly o/'ing you...... but I will never support people clawing for sanction status and demanding tech from a forgiven transgression.

Also, http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=62206 ;) Good job to put a ban evader like Yuri into your gov. ;) I have lots of interesting query logs with Yuri where he admits to cheating and how he cheats. :D

P.S. - Having an alliance of mostly inactive players really helped your cause Max since most of them would have said no if they actually knew the truth.

Classy lad right here.

Hahahaha oh man this makes me laugh. DE finally calls it quits and merges. I have to give it up to you because you made the ship sink slower then i thought. But good luck with this and i know i will enjoy all of you being in one place

Very classy their dude. ;)

Edited by Jgoods45

You have a very strange definition of diametrically opposite. Apart from the direct Invicta-Athens tie, we also share the following common treaty partners between CDT members and C&G: TORN, Genesis, ODN, MHA, GLOF, and of course BAPS - who are no longer tied to C&G, but only because TDSM8 disbanded.

Somehow I don't think those five alliances are all torn up about their ties to diametrically opposed ends of the treaty web.

See, when Bob Janovs talks about the MDP Web, he means the physical MDP Web that his program generates in which Atrhns and DE are on opposite sides. Since closeness on his web is, while not perfect, still a literal representation of the figurative meaning, it bears asking simply because it means they are from entirely different spheres of political power.

He's asking about something literal, not something subjective.

Since I am one of the few DE gov that knows what the flag means, and since DE is no more, I will elaborate on the flag.

The DE flag represents the alliances involved with merger. The top is BDC since they went to the AA first, the next is Element, then OBS and finally LX. In the middle is a DE which is blurred. Go ahead look for it.

The one that is far away is one of the alliances that was in the talks in the beginning but subsequently left them, Out of respect, I will keep the alliance to myself.

And o7 the Flag. Good luck guys, as I said before. Also Max, you can't possible fail now that Londo is involved :P.

I don't see a DE. I always thought it was some random like explosion sorta thing meant to represent evolution.

I can't even remember who argued with Mr. Janova, but to say Athens and DE's treaties don't tread onto different spheres is entirely wrong. CDT was hegemony and CnG is heavily embedded in Karma, all our alliances are at war with NPO currently except for MK, but everyone knows MK are NPO lovers.

It was me. :P

Yes, CDT (other than DE) fought with Hegemony, and C&G rolled with Karma.

However Bob seemed to suggest that the reason CDT and C&G rolled with opposite sides was an eternal hatred of each other, and that's simply not the case.

See, when Bob Janovs talks about the MDP Web, he means the physical MDP Web that his program generates in which Atrhns and DE are on opposite sides. Since closeness on his web is, while not perfect, still a literal representation of the figurative meaning, it bears asking simply because it means they are from entirely different spheres of political power.

He's asking about something literal, not something subjective.

One of the reasons why I don't like that program is that it doesn't factor in treaties below the MDP level. The C&G and CDT blocs' member alliances both still use fairly significant amounts of treaties below MDP in comparison to most other alliances on Planet Bob (UPN, Invicta and Athens all have 9 treaty partners below MDP and above NAP level; interestingly, before the merge DE only had one). The result is that the treaty blocs appear to be more isolated than the actual diplomatic situation indicates, simply because we're signing treaties that aren't on the graph.

Very classy their dude. ;)

You don't know the half of it. I was impressed by the remarkable clarity of that for a Hunter post.

:ph34r:

Congrats on the merger guys!

It was me. :P

Yes, CDT (other than DE) fought with Hegemony, and C&G rolled with Karma.

However Bob seemed to suggest that the reason CDT and C&G rolled with opposite sides was an eternal hatred of each other, and that's simply not the case.

One of the reasons why I don't like that program is that it doesn't factor in treaties below the MDP level. The C&G and CDT blocs' member alliances both still use fairly significant amounts of treaties below MDP in comparison to most other alliances on Planet Bob (UPN, Invicta and Athens all have 9 treaty partners below MDP and above NAP level; interestingly, before the merge DE only had one). The result is that the treaty blocs appear to be more isolated than the actual diplomatic situation indicates, simply because we're signing treaties that aren't on the graph.

You don't know the half of it. I was impressed by the remarkable clarity of that for a Hunter post.

Reading Bob's posts, it doesn't seem to me that he even hinted at any hatred whatsoever. All he said is that they had ties to a different set of people and are pretty much on opposite sides of the web. Whether this is true or not the statement itself being on "opposite sides of the web" or "having a different set of treaties" doesn't automatically imply "eternal hate". >_>

Also the web can and does factor in treaties below MDP level. It can factor in all treaties but NAPs. You can see on the treaty list for the web (http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Bob_Janova) that there are numerous ToAs, PIATs, and ODPs on it. >_>

Indeed it does. In the standard model a PIAT/ODP is worth 2/7 of an MDP, you can tune it to what you like.

However Bob seemed to suggest that the reason CDT and C&G rolled with opposite sides was an eternal hatred of each other

Where :huh:?

How nice. DE breaks apart in two, into Menotah and the rest into Athens. Nice. I'm more inclined to like the Athens-DE group over the CDT-leaning DE group now known as Menotah. They probably won't last long at all, given who's behind it. Oh well. I await the day of Menotah's inevitable rolling.

I was going to write a nice little reply here but hunter has done me the favor of summing it all up. Its even funnier if you were in the backroom watching yuri push this merger through at any cost. It was laughable. Don't expect me to be tagging along.

The_Faith ~DE Minsiter of Truth.