Cybernations Data

Pete McCavoy

This is data I collected last night and this morning. I won't disclose how I did it, though some of you will likely figure it out, but it is accurate as far as I know. I have the raw data collected on excel, but I will not be releasing that, though I will give you specific data you want if you PM me or query me over IRC (name is PeteM).

Notes:

1. For the graphs involving how many people are left, and percents left, those are only accurate on the day they are collected, but I think that a general trend can be seen in them that is interesting.

2. Be careful to note the difference between PERCENT of nations and NUMBER of nations

3. I have data of how many nations were CREATED and how many are in existence for those time intervals shown.

-Those intervals are the past 90 days in blocks of ten, and every month cyber nations has been in existence.

4. I might update this sometimes, those of you who are good with CN history can comment on these things.

5. Nations that were created on June 20, who never logged in again, would only be deleted today, so interpret the data intelligently.

6. Tell me if you see any mistakes in this post/the graphs

TEN DAY INTERVALS(april 1-June29):

percentofnationscreatedonthatdayron.jpg

Percent of nations that were created on that date or nine days following that are still in existence

Numberofnationsthatwerecreatedontha.jpg

Number of nations that were created on that date or nine days following

Numberofnationsthatregisteredbetwee.jpg

Number of nations that were created on that day that are still in existence

MONTHLY INTERVALS(January 2006-June 2009)

numberofnationscreatedinthatmonth.jpg

Number of nations created in that month

NumberofNationsRegisteredThatMonthT.jpg

Number of nations that were created in that month that are still in existence

percentofnationscreatedinthatmonths.jpg

Percent of nations created in that month that are still in existence

Fun Facts:

55% of Nations will be deleted between 20 and 30 days of their existence

94% of nations will be deleted within 6 months of their existence

Nations Left: (based on year of creation)

2006: 2074

2007: 4264

2008: 7436

also, link to me pwning joracy>>> http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv122/P...y/loljoracy.jpg

Edited by Pete McCavoy

Nicely done - I think it's that first 20-30 days that's important to get new players hooked and expose what the game is really about (i.e. not nation building)

I always thought it was the first 1-3 days

I think that's where many decide if CN is even worth signing into again

Fun Facts:

There's nothing fun about these facts.

Edited by Jipps

I always thought it was the first 1-3 days

I think that's where many decide if CN is even worth signing into again

I agree completely. If I hadn't alreayd had mIRC installed when I joined the game, there is a good chance I never would have made it to a week "played". Just getting new nations involved in an alliance does wonders.

Ain't that the truth.

That's actually kind of depressing. Thanks for putting together the statistics though. I guess I'm going to have to try pretty hard to get past the 6 month benchmark and avoid becoming another statistic.

Nice, I'm one of the 2074 members of 2006 :)

I wonder how many nations are actually older than me though, because I created mine fairly early in 2006, April.

Edit: Oh, just checked, I'm #199. Even cooler, only 7 of the older ones have more NS than me, and none are within 2.5 million casualties.

Though I'm sure there's a few younger nations than me that are far more impressive in terms of the combined NS/casualty factor.

Edited by Drai

I wonder how many nations are actually older than me though, because I created mine fairly early in 2006, April.

Edit: Oh, just checked, I'm #199. Even cooler, only 7 of the older ones have more NS than me, and none are within 2.5 million casualties.

Though I'm sure there's a few younger nations than me that are far more impressive in terms of the combined NS/casualty factor.

Drai, you're cooler than the other side of the pillow. I mean that.

Glad to know that I'm one of the few 2076 nations from 2006. Now, I already knew that I was the 874th oldest nation, but, idk, still nice to know that I'm in a very selective group of just over 2000 people, and constantly shrinking (I know because I go up in "rank" of oldest every day almost).

Interesting stats. Also: Lol at Batman.

I forget that I'm from 2006 as well. With a December creation date, I feel like a young gun. But there are only 2000 of us... jeez.

This statistic does not truly represent the number of players leaving though. Don't interpret it that way.

I'm a brand new nation, one of the annual June "i'm out of school and bored" rush and I'm interested in what everyone is willing to do to keep me in. :P Seriously though, being new and looking through these forums, some better community standards on forum etiquette would go a long way to keeping players from getting turned off early by some of the meanspiritedness. Anyway, it would be interesting (especially for me) to see suggestions people have about keeping new nations around longer.