Announcement From CN's Eldest Democracies

GATO is making strides into regaining our place on PB. We are being very cautious and pragmatic with our foreign affairs, treaties will not be handed out without serious and stringent consideration. Because of the hard work of Cata and Arsenal, along with the history between GATO and ODN, this treaty seemed like a logical step for us.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to both GATO and ODN!

Since you seem to have plenty of cake, I thought you might want to add some chocolate and orange martini's. :)

chocolateorangemartini.jpg

Chocolate drinks are very gay, and are in fact forbidden in Salernoland.

I do however approve this treaty, and wish the orange cats good luck.

Chocolate drinks are very gay, and are in fact forbidden in Salernoland.

I do however approve this treaty, and wish the orange cats good luck.

Well in Enigmathena homosexuality and martini's are very much welcomed. I guess cultures aren't always expected to mix. And all the more drinks for everyone else. <_<

Congrats!

As for three years for a PIAT... does anyone remember the age old GATO-ODN MDP? Or is that just me?

o/ Renewing old friendships

I was thinking "Didn't we have treaties with ODN before?" upon reading the thread. MDP and a PIAT that, as mentioned, got canceled before.

heh, walker and GATO had some bad experiences.

Some, yeah. I'm quite happy he stepped out of power.

Let's hope this time, we stay friends. Both alliances have been going through a bit of a change, getting back to basics after a fashion. It'll be good times with good people.

hehe it would be interesting to see, i wonder if Walker will grant us this wish? :D
heh, walker and GATO had some bad experiences.

What! OMG! I can't believe this!!!!

Seriously though, I can't remember having a bad experience with GATO. Most of the time I was content to ignore them.

Oshi-

You're talking about that whole CK-violating-terms + GATO/IAA asking me to betray allies! I had totally forgotten about that, to be quite honest. Now that you've got me reminiscing about the past, though, I always thought that it was humorous that ODN knew that CK was back in GATO before GATO knew that CK was back in GATO. It was just a rumor (and unverified at that), but that rumor coincided with a request from GATO to start increasing relations. I thought it was a good idea back in my freshman Senate term until some older Senators explained who exactly CK was and how we should stay away from even the rumor of the man returning.

Good Times.

But I digress. Hadn't given it much thought in ages. I hope you don't hold it against me. 'Course, if you do I won't mind. I don't think I've talked to a single member of GATO since then... maybe Ragashino. You're both fine guys. ODN knows that I love them, and GATO... well, you guys got shafted a lot worse than I ever dreamed possible, so please accept my apology for my small (and apparently forgettable) part in that.

Edited by WalkerNinja

WN: The reason GATOans would be disinclined to like you much isn't so much what you did in that particular as it was the entire attitude you showed us. By all appearances, you enthusiastically helped to carry out the Hegemony's propaganda effort in misinterpreting the logs, selectively showing bits at a time and then going off wildly stating we were planning a secret first strike against NPO (we never were). You canceled a PIAT because of that and went in with the rest to war against us. Few enough actions, but it was with the rest of what's happening that they're magnified. CPCN canceling their treaty with us, with the perception in GATO that ODN helped pushed them to it. An old member coming back to haunt us and our own government apparently having kept it hidden from their own membership (BarbulaM1 in particular is stuck with this being attached to him). NPO continuing with their apparent goal of wiping GATO off the map, using that knowledge. The CN forums exploding once again with mostly anti-GATO rhetoric. It was just a really bad time for us, and you certainly didn't attempt to make it easier on us on any level. Maybe you're being vilified beyond what you should be, maybe not. In any case, the popular perception in GATO of you is mostly in that context.

*shrugs* Just kind of how it works out sometimes.

I always thought that it was humorous that ODN knew that CK was back in GATO before GATO knew that CK was back in GATO. It was just a rumor (and unverified at that), but that rumor coincided with a request from GATO to start increasing relations. I thought it was a good idea back in my freshman Senate term until some older Senators explained who exactly CK was and how we should stay away from even the rumor of the man returning.

as a member of the GATO GA, i know that we would have appreciated such information.

i was a member from early January untill somewhere close to the end of the war and i never heard anything about CK secretely joining GATO untill a week before the war.

Edited by Venizelos

I'm surprised GATO is giving the Orange Defense Network another chance after being left behind so many times on the battlefield. The General Assembly is more merciful than the savior.

Edited by Tom Litler

I'm surprised GATO is giving the Orange Defense Network another chance after being left behind so many times on the battlefield. The General Assembly is more merciful than the savior.

Even the likes of ODN deserve a chance at redemption surely?