Karma War Ended?

kitex

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, seeing as NPO has had two days of GROWTH I guess the war is....

The growth is because theres just not that much left thats not hiding in peace mode to beat up. Nations in peace mode can grow faster than we can strip tech off ZI'd nations. ZI'd nations get handed 3 mil and can go to 1000 infra in one shot. NPO's NS isn't really gonna go anywhere much, up or down, unless mass resignations happen.

The karma war will continue until the last NPO nation is destroyed or surrenders individually, or it will end in the extremely unlikely event of the NPO winning.

The possibility of an alliance wide surrender has been explored and rejected and now it is a war of extinction.

The karma war will continue until the last NPO nation is destroyed or surrenders individually, or it will end in the extremely unlikely event of the NPO winning.

The possibility of an alliance wide surrender has been explored and rejected and now it is a war of extinction.

It shouldn't be, thats the part that surprises me. I honestly never thought pride would drive an alliance to suicide.

It shouldn't be, thats the part that surprises me. I honestly never thought pride would drive an alliance to suicide.

I agree with you far too often. Do you perhaps have a newsletter I could subscribe to?

Edited by NoFish

No, and no... It's been stated repeatedly that no one leads Karma, it's a wartime coalition of alliances who went to war against the NPO each for their own reasons.

So... that explains why negotiations are taking so long.

Who actually is negotiating on behalf of Karma? Are they all anti disbanding or is there a split?

Andrew

So... that explains why negotiations are taking so long.

Who actually is negotiating on behalf of Karma? Are they all anti disbanding or is there a split?

Andrew

Londo of Athens.

Negotiations are probably at a halt because NPO gov has been quite disrespectful to him after publicly indicating they would not accept terms they do not have a large say in.

Actually RoK has lost a significant number of members (notably some large ones) to newly forming or just other alliances from what I know. Their NS loss now has little to do with NPO military actions.

Well, I would argue that the war, and the decision of NPO to target RoK, has made it much easier for the net 100+ people who have left RoK since the war's beginning. Nobody really likes being an alliance that's declining, so it may be a self-fulling prophecy. I sense there are some legitimate war losses, some unavoidable member losses, but then also people who are leaving since they dislike being in decline.

Well, I would argue that the war, and the decision of NPO to target RoK, has made it much easier for the net 100+ people who have left RoK since the war's beginning. Nobody really likes being an alliance that's declining, so it may be a self-fulling prophecy. I sense there are some legitimate war losses, some unavoidable member losses, but then also people who are leaving since they dislike being in decline.

That's still a bit of a stretch, especially considering that RoK is on the winning side. While there may be people who are leaving because of the declining score, it's more of a peripheral effect. Direct NPO military action hasn't really had an effect on RoK, or much anyone for that matter, since that mini-blitz they attempted a few weeks back.

This war will end the moment Karma wants it to end. The NPO has repeatedly stated its willingness and desire to accept a peace agreement, including a punishing one who's onus will haunt us for a considerable time. But it will not, CANNOT accept an agreement that could result in the insolvency of this alliance. You know that your terms are just an inch to far. You know that its a tiny change that needs to happen to get peace, yet you wont budge. The burden of peace is on Karma. I sincerely hope that that is not the opinion of Karma leaders.

That's still a bit of a stretch, especially considering that RoK is on the winning side. While there may be people who are leaving because of the declining score, it's more of a peripheral effect. Direct NPO military action hasn't really had an effect on RoK, or much anyone for that matter, since that mini-blitz they attempted a few weeks back.

Keep saying that :D

Londo of Athens.

Negotiations are probably at a halt because NPO gov has been quite disrespectful to him after publicly indicating they would not accept terms they do not have a large say in.

The NPO has never intended to be disrespectful to Lando. Our arguments are with the terms, not him, as IO's have stated early on. It is unfortunate that he has taken it as a personal insult, but it was never meant to be that.

Edited by muffasamini

This war will end the moment Karma wants it to end. The NPO has repeatedly stated its willingness and desire to accept a peace agreement, including a punishing one who's onus will haunt us for a considerable time. But it will not, CANNOT accept an agreement that could result in the insolvency of this alliance. You know that your terms are just an inch to far. You know that its a tiny change that needs to happen to get peace, yet you wont budge. The burden of peace is on Karma. I sincerely hope that that is not the opinion of Karma leaders.

Terms that make your Emperor's own words true and make your men fight are harsh? We're backpeddaling fiercely now, aren't we?

Really? I encourage you to take a look at the ranks of nations between 20k NS and 10k NS. It's a little disingenuous to suggest that NPO military hasn't had an effect on the lower tier nations. Again, take a look at the ranks. Now, you could argue that unrelated leavings have a bigger effect (and they definitely contributed), but that's also somewhat of an issue in NPO too. Fact of the matter is, RoK has lost more than 600k NS in the last two weeks, while NPO has only last 100k NS. So on this front, at this moment, I would say that NPO is 'winning', even if they aren't on the winning side.

Really? I encourage you to take a look at the ranks of nations between 20k NS and 10k NS. It's a little disingenuous to suggest that NPO military hasn't had an effect on the lower tier nations. Again, take a look at the ranks. Now, you could argue that unrelated leavings have a bigger effect (and they definitely contributed), but that's also somewhat of an issue in NPO too. Fact of the matter is, RoK has lost more than 600k NS in the last two weeks, while NPO has only last 100k NS. So on this front, at this moment, I would say that NPO is 'winning', even if they aren't on the winning side.

That's like saying MK won against NPO in the WotC because they did more damage than they took.

Congrats MK!

That's like saying MK won against NPO in the WotC because they did more damage than they took.

Congrats MK!

That's actually a horrible analogy. If the rate had continued, MK would have won. Sadly, it didn't go that way.

Congrats MK!

that's a blatant misrepresentation at its worst. All I said was the past 2 weeks NPO has inflicted more damage to RoK than vice versa, whether militarily or politically (making people leave, etc.). I would hope someone with a little bit of common sense would be able to see it, especially if directed to the actual evidence.

Do you fail to grasp the point, or do you ignore it purposefully? (Or do I already know the answer here...)

That's actually a horrible analogy. If the rate had continued, MK would have won. Sadly, it didn't go that way.

Not at all. It is a very fitting analogy. They ran out of nukes, the obvious source of that damage. Of course they couldn't sustain that rate, thus they obviously weren't going to win the war of attrition.

that's a blatant misrepresentation at its worst. All I said was the past 2 weeks NPO has inflicted more damage to RoK than vice versa, whether militarily or politically (making people leave, etc.). I would hope someone with a little bit of common sense would be able to see it, especially if directed to the actual evidence.

Do you fail to grasp the point, or do you ignore it purposefully? (Or do I already know the answer here...)

Let me give you another example.

OOC: In WWII, the Russians sustained far more casualties than the Germans did. Their casualty to kill ratio was horrendous. This continued throughout the entire war and not just the first half of it. Were the Russians still winning when they were marching through Germany, sustaining heavy casualties? Absolutely. Why? Because it turned into a war of attrition wherein they had more resources.

IC: RoK did not sustain 600k NS war damages. The vast majority of it was due to members leaving. As I said previously, there was the possibility of being a peripheral effect of the war. Most of NPO's 100k NS loss was due to war losses, and of course we're running out of infra to destroy. Are they winning? I think you can connect the dots. Politically, their behavior has only strengthened the resolve to keep the current terms as their conduct towards Londo has clearly proven.

The Karma War continues. The lower tier nations on both sides continue to slug it out while the upper tier Karma nations wait for the upper tier NPO nations to leave peace mode. At this point in the war, loss of nation strength on both sides has very little to do with the war and more to do with nations that leave their alliance or delete.

NPO's larger nations have been in peace mode for ten or eleven weeks. The question is how much longer will they hold out?