Attention Austinites

Azaghul

Eh? Isn't the green one Travis? Looks like they voted for it. :\

It is a complicated map, I had to stare at it for awhile to make sense of it and I already knew what it was about. The darker the red, the more votes in favor, and green means less than 50% in favor. Travis was the only one which is Green, thus the only one that had a majority opposed.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find Texas to be a fine state as well. Let me guess, you object to the death penalty don't you? Well then, let me tell you, I admire Texas for being the only state to execute more people than my own beloved Virginia. Personally I think we have some catching up to do.

In the immortal words of Ron White, "Other states are trying to abolish the death penalty... Mine's putting in an express line!" Hook 'em!

Eh? Isn't the green one Travis? Looks like they voted for it. :\

It's from a local Democratic blog so they framed it in positive terms, lol. Also red = anti-gay marriage = Republican.

South Austin too? Cool, I bet we live preeeettttyyy close to each other. Next monday is my friends surprise bday party and dinner, not sure I could make that one. And for a South Austinite Azaghul you should have it done at the Trudys on Little Texas Lane anyways :P

We'll probably meet up again. Monday is cheap martini night at Trudy's. Mondays and Wednesdays are great for me because I get out at 8 from a class at ACC Rio Grande and I'm already downtown. The rest of the week I usually have work in the late afternoon/evenings at the Whataburger st Slaughter & Brodie.

Edited by Azaghul

Sounds like if there are enough Dallas area folks you could arrange a meet-up that involves driving down to Austin. :D

Trudy's is still on for tonight at around 8. Message sent to those that sounded interested in this thread. If you didn't get one please PM me so I can add you to my Austin list.

Sounds like if there are enough Dallas area folks you could arrange a meet-up that involves driving down to Austin. :D

Trudy's is still on for tonight at around 8. Message sent to those that sounded interested in this thread. If you didn't get one please PM me so I can add you to my Austin list.

BTW, Mexican Martinis are $5 but only if you buy with the house tequila, don't get ripped off! Also, realize the restaurant will cut you off on drinks after the 2nd martini, so if you wish to drink a beer or something, buy it before you get your 2nd martini (if anyone even cares to drink that much, that is).

I'm in houston, I'll come if we get a date. Who's down to experience some herb with myself and I assume mrcalkin. I say smoke-a-thon!

I'm out of the state from mid-July through the beginning of August, but otherwise I am always in town.

Edited by mrcalkin

jhwk_RF_250px.gif

Take that Sooner and Texas fans! :P

Have fun at your meet up, Austin is a cool city.

missouri_logo375.jpg

Big 12 North Champions baby!

Hooray, Hoorah, Mizzou, Mizzou!

Have fun with your meet up guys. I actually have a ton of friends down in Austin, it's a cool town.

Edited by Mathlete

Pssshhhh!! Cut 'em off!

Austin is full of misinformed liberals who havn't taken the step toward becoming a Libertarian. Also, Oklahoma has the second highest execution rate in the United States, behind Texas, not Virginia. Also, just to be trivial, I'm from Texas and I happen to be against the State death penalty. The thought of the State being able to have people executed is a bit frightening. Gay marriage? End special tax perks to married couples, and get the State out of the licensing business. I have a feeling the only people who would give a damn at that point would be considered to be intolerant bigots.

Bah! I drove down from north Austin, but dang! There were 50 people waiting at the door and no parking.

(sorry, old man syndrome kicking in)

Crown & Anchor was just a couple of blocks away and not packed...

How about another get together at a less busy location. Oh, and maybe not on a week (work for most) night?

Any other locale suggestions welcome.

Bah! I drove down from north Austin, but dang! There were 50 people waiting at the door and no parking.

How about another get together at a less busy location. Oh, and maybe not on a week (work for most) night?

I am down wherever, as long as I can comfortably drink

I love Crown & Anchor. Heck, I wouldn't mind having a meet-up there. :P