My own rebuttal, and an MHAnnouncement

Sorum

Sorum I believe you handled this as well as can be. While it would be interesting, I doubt anyone truly wants a war here for such an easily reconcilable difference in opinion. And Francesca... why? I thought you were knee deep championing Karmic values seeing as you left VE immediately after the terms were presented in what you thought would be a symbolic gesture, as misguided as it was.

In response to this, I believe I still stand for what I believe to be right.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, you still said, "you guys." It is an informal way of speaking for a group. As I said before, it would be better if you said, "TAB," instead. By saying that, you would express the idea of the leadership.

Holy !@#$ man. How about you stop worrying about the exact classification I assign to members of TAB and start dealing with the actual issue at hand and the content in my posts. Damn. Avoidance much?

Pfft. That was said in a rather unserious manner, and anyone who has been talking to me recently knows that I've been slightly drunk anyway. Perhaps more than slightly drunk. If I'd been putting effort into starting the war, do you think I'd have gone and demanded it in public channels? For God's sake, people.

Drunk on the internet. So cool.

I don't think anybody in this situation is right. TAB started this mess when they posted their topic about BTA , but some BTA members aren't exactly helping the situation either. In my opinion you should just resolve this issue in IRC or PM's. If you can't resolve it, than TAB, BTA, FIRE, MHA, or whoever can do whatever they want to do.

how desperate are you for drama, or is this your public stance that you're about to get ready to deliver a beatdown like the days of old?

did you read the friggin thread? while i support TAB, i have no desire to deliver a beatdown like the days of old. peace is a viable option and so this shouldn't come to war.

Holy !@#$ man. How about you stop worrying about the exact classification I assign to members of TAB and start dealing with the actual issue at hand and the content in my posts. Damn. Avoidance much?

Well, excuse me. Having a bad night, are you? As for who is the aggressor, I have a slight inclination that MD is the aggressor here. He was told several times by TAB leadership that they did not like this, and he still went through with it. And who's right and who's wrong? Who can say. It will be debated back and forth and we may never know.

Pfft. That was said in a rather unserious manner, and anyone who has been talking to me recently knows that I've been slightly drunk anyway. Perhaps more than slightly drunk. If I'd been putting effort into starting the war, do you think I'd have gone and demanded it in public channels? For God's sake, people.

Well, you did try to save MCXA by recruiting for MK and UPN during the wars so I wouldn't be surprised.

did you read the friggin thread? while i support TAB, i have no desire to deliver a beatdown like the days of old. peace is a viable option and so this shouldn't come to war.

I did, I just don't buy your !@#$%^&*.

Either you're after drama, or you're looking for a beatdown to be delivered. Either one, take your pick.

Well, excuse me. Having a bad night, are you? As for who is the aggressor, I have a slight inclination that MD is the aggressor here. He was told several times by TAB leadership that they did not like this, and he still went through with it. And who's right and who's wrong? Who can say. It will be debated back and forth and we may never know.

How can you say MD is the aggressor? He wanted to reform BTA and he had every right to do so. TAB isn't BTA and BTA isn't TAB.

I did, I just don't buy your !@#$%^&*.

Either you're after drama, or you're looking for a beatdown to be delivered. Either one, take your pick.

It's a clarification of the MHA position on the issue.

We do not desire for this situation to become violent, but if it does, be advised that TAB is a very strong ally.

Edited by Sileath

How can you say MD is the aggressor? He wanted to reform BTA and he had every right to do so. TAB isn't BTA and BTA isn't TAB.

To be honest, I have a hard time know who the aggressor is. From what I do know, technically speaking, MD is the aggressor. Was he in the right or wrong? Once again, I don't know, but I think he is indeed the aggressor.

Well, excuse me. Having a bad night, are you?

Not at all. I just find it annoying when people dance around the wording of a post instead of actually answering the concerns or objections.

As for who is the aggressor, I have a slight inclination that MD is the aggressor here. He was told several times by TAB leadership that they did not like this, and he still went through with it.

So he's the aggressor because he didn't listen to someone who told him not to make an alliance using a name that was special to him? The fiend. Not gonna buy that one. TAB became the aggressor when they decided they were entitled to the name and asked for their allies and friends to go out of their way to hinder BTA's growth.

And who's right and who's wrong? Who can say.

I can. And each person in their own right can. If you can't you might as well crawl back to your private boards because no one wants to hear your wishy-washy We-call-you-out-but-let's-all-get-along bullcrap.

Well said Sorum, I'm glad we could clearly clarify our position and show some love for our brothers in TAB.

:wub:

Edit:

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: astronaut jones.

· View this post

· Un-ignore astronaut jones

Yay.

Edited by Working_Class_Ruler

so.. you're basically posturing for a beatdown. HOORAY! THE TIMES HAVE TRULY CHANGED!

It would be posturing if we were acting in bad faith. The leaders of both TAB and BTA have said they do not desire for this to become a military conflict. The political situation is still delicate, and we respect that by ensuring that our position is clear, which is support of TAB as well as a desire for a peaceful diplomatic solution.

Not at all. I just find it annoying when people dance around the wording of a post instead of actually answering the concerns or objections.

I would think you can do it without being rude, however.

So he's the aggressor because he didn't listen to someone who told him not to make an alliance using a name that was special to him? The fiend. Not gonna buy that one. TAB became the aggressor when they decided they were entitled to the name and asked for their allies and friends to go out of their way to hinder BTA's growth.

Yes. He knew that no TAB leader liked it and went ahead with the plan anyways. So, yes, I believe he is the aggressor here.

I can. And each person in their own right can. If you can't you might as well crawl back to your private boards because no one wants to hear your wishy-washy We-call-you-out-but-let's-all-get-along bullcrap.

You lost me here. You obviously don't know my opinion here, or can't differentiate mine from my alliance's.

Yes. He knew that no TAB leader liked it and went ahead with the plan anyways. So, yes, I believe he is the aggressor here.

No offense, but you escalated this situation by posting the anti-BTA topic. If you had just resolved this on IRC diplomatically, maybe you two wouldn't be at the pit of war.

It would be posturing if we were acting in bad faith. The leaders of both TAB and BTA have said they do not desire for this to become a military conflict. The political situation is still delicate, and we respect that by ensuring that our position is clear, which is support of TAB as well as a desire for a peaceful diplomatic solution.

The posturing comes from the making of this topic. All it's saying is "watch out, we're big and bad and can shove people around"

It's just like the fire topic, except mha has been around long enough, and are supposedly well respected enough, that they should have known another topic like this would just stroke the fires even further.

But yeah, whatever you say.

For someone to be an aggressor they have to be, you know, aggressive. Making an alliance you were previoulsy the leader of is hardly aggressive. Even if some people didn't want the alliance to be made.

Asking others to deliberately hinder this new alliance, now that, that is aggressive.

You lost me here. You obviously don't know my opinion here, or can't differentiate mine from my alliance's.

Then stop dancing around and make your opinion known. Are you in line with your government?