GENTLEMEN.

Spock

Hey, kiddos of "CNRP".

This is Open National RP. This forum belongs to anyone who wants to roleplay here. Not just you and your "CNRP" clique and stuff. You guys have more farewell threads and "wait I'm back" two days later than the other forums. You've got more drama in less space, just as many unnecessary threads and you don't seem to understand what a private messaging system (or Internet Relay Chat) is. The board is not your personal section and all of these threads can be fixed with a PM to someone like myself who will look into it for you or to one of your GMs, who will answer for you.

I just went on a locking binge closing unnecessary or redundant threads. At the same time, I'm saying that I shouldn't have to be the one who tells you all that these are redundant and unnecessary. Please take into consideration whether or not you can solve it by a private message or asking on your un-official IRC channel. This makes the forums less cluttered, and we don't have to waste our time (or mainly mine, it seems I'm the only one who cares in this forum )): ) fixing this mess.

Thanks.

A question: What for those who don't use IRC? You want them to PM each and every CNRPer to tell them that they are quitting? That seems unrealistic. To me, anyways, it seems like the threads are the most efficient way of doing things, though I agree that the whole "I'm quitting... no wait, I'm coming back" thing gets annoying after a while.

Just my two cents.

A question: What for those who don't use IRC? You want them to PM each and every CNRPer to tell them that they are quitting? That seems unrealistic. To me, anyways, it seems like the threads are the most efficient way of doing things, though I agree that the whole "I'm quitting... no wait, I'm coming back" thing gets annoying after a while.

Just my two cents.

Or you could say in the freaking Map thread that you're quitting, because everyone checks that. :v:

or you could simply just ask for a temporary lock on your nation in the thread I MADE FOR THAT PURPOSE. Specifically made to avoid this kind of clutter. :rolleyes:

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

or you could simply just ask for a temporary lock on your nation in the thread I MADE FOR THAT PURPOSE. Specifically made to avoid this kind of clutter. :rolleyes:

But some people failed spot check and never notice that you created a thread called, "Locked nations..." in their computer screen. :awesome:

Edited by HHAYD

What exactly is this thread about? I mean besides chiding, and poking fun at, all of us for the actions of about 5 people? When I want to be talked down on because someone else used a forum in a less than efficient way I'll beat my head on the wall until that sounds like something bad.

People do use PMs and the un-offical IRC channel to talk to the GMs and each other, and in fact there was a question asked of one right now on IRC while I was posting this. Also that most of the "Drama" here tends to be manufactured In Character RP story lines, and the OOC is mostly either comments to clear up confusion or friendly banter. As for the large prevalence of CNRP topics here I would say that reflects the large number of CNRP topics in the Fantasy RP sub-forum. We don't drive other RPs away. Its just people happen to like to do CNRP.

Sorry that you appear to be the only moderator that is around in Open National, but that would be something to take up with the other role playing moderators. Not us.

What exactly is this thread about? I mean besides chiding, and poking fun at, all of us for the actions of about 5 people? When I want to be talked down on because someone else used a forum in a less than efficient way I'll beat my head on the wall until that sounds like something bad.

People do use PMs and the un-offical IRC channel to talk to the GMs and each other, and in fact there was a question asked of one right now on IRC while I was posting this. Also that most of the "Drama" here tends to be manufactured In Character RP story lines, and the OOC is mostly either comments to clear up confusion or friendly banter. As for the large prevalence of CNRP topics here I would say that reflects the large number of CNRP topics in the Fantasy RP sub-forum. We don't drive other RPs away. Its just people happen to like to do CNRP.

Sorry that you appear to be the only moderator that is around in Open National, but that would be something to take up with the other role playing moderators. Not us.

Announcements and reminders from the moderation staff will be made in this forum.

Let me clarify two already-existing rules.

1. Anything that doesn't have to do with Cyber Nations (or the RP) - including goodbye threads - belong in the Water Cooler.

2. Making a topic where one already exists for that purpose can be considered spam - including "i'm gonna be gone, please lock" threads.

And never did I chide, poke fun at, or talk down to you. This was a request for you to use a PM function or already existing threads to solve problems instead of making new ones.