Upgrade?

lonewolfe2015

More geared towards admin and the mods that handle forums, but are we going to upgrade to IPB 3.0?

I have a small forum set up with the new upgrade now, playing around and enjoying the new features. Its much better than the current version being run, moderating is easier, the ACP is cleaner and has more abilities now.

But the downside is that some features can't carry over at all, so it might take a day or so for you guys to sort out the changes and upload the features or fix them back to the way before.

Are any plans for an upgrade in the works?

A couple alliances I visit have switched and they still haven't got their skins ironed out. No reason to go over half-baked, it's probably a better idea to make sure the board won't lose any major functions as a result of the change than move over right away.

I'm running IPB3 on the GDA forum and it appears to not have lost anything. There are still quite a few bugs though, none of which impact the GDA forum but some of which may cause problems on this one. I'd wait a few weeks until they get 3.0.2 out (3.0.1 appears to not include fixes to many bugs). By then it should be done enough to be stable here. (3.0.1 will likely work here regardless though, since none of the unfixed bugs are of major severity.)

In any case, Admin, I'd recommend doing a test upgrade and just playing around with it for a while. ;)