FIRE Edict

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FIRE's only relation to BTA is through a friendship of one person, their leader, and not thoroughly looked over. The decision presented in the OP has the scent of a spur of the moment feeling. If this was done during war, this act would be considered bandwagoning.

You’re kidding right? I’ve known TimLee for ages. Not to mention the other FIRE members and government that I have known for quite some time. Also, when BTA was reformed yesterday guess who the only one to form it was. I’ll give you a hit, it’s me. Treaties are based off of friendship. FIRE has that friendship with BTA.

Currently BTA has 7 members and is over 100k NS and growing well.

Wait, TAB only has 36 members?

Anyway, I like the new world we created. TAB and MHA should just go ahead and declare war on BTA and see if VE defends FIRE.

Agreed. One of the things Vox fought for was the end of the !@#$%^&* backdoor crap. Private channels FTW doesn't work anymore. Put up, shut up, or defend yourselves.

The fact that you only do it because of the people backing you is certainly a minus.

I suppose it didn't occur to you that FIRE might actually care about its friends. Or is the concept of loyalty foreign to you?

Anyway, I like the new world we created. TAB and MHA should just go ahead and declare war on BTA and see if VE defends FIRE.

Damn right.

Good move FIRE standing up for friends. I'm not sure this is the way I'd have gone about this, but I'm the old world arent I?

o/ FIRE

Party like its 1996? It will be interesting to see how this "new world" works, and I bet your closer to the truth than people would like to believe

Edited by muffasamini

Just so we're clear, 12 hours ago I said this:

You're completely backwards. The "heritage" you're talking about is a forced name change by an alliance that, except in name, does not exist. Bringing CIS up in the request by TAB is laughable at best, even. If TAB wants to keep their grudge with MD, then they need to grow up about their immaturity and admit it's what it is.

I have to wonder if TAB even asked the new CIS what they think.

But, seriously, there's a lot of potential here.

Edited by Schattenmann

This issue makes me feel very conflicted. On the one hand, I really like MD so I like to see him do well. Additionally, I have to admit I chuckled a bit at TAB's post because they spent so much time running from BTA and now they're claiming the name. However, this announcement makes me seriously question that because it means that I am agreeing with someone who has not had a great history of leadership decisions and seems to enjoy flaunting his annexed nation strength rather than growing it the old fashioned way. I really don't know who's side I'm here, but I know I'll enjoy the show.

Will FIRE reduce The Aquatic Brotherhood to steam or will TAB cause FIRE to go down like a deflating hot air balloon? We'll find out on As the CN Turns.

I suppose it didn't occur to you that FIRE might actually care about its friends. Or is the concept of loyalty foreign to you?

Loyalty has nothing to do with pulling stunts because you can. I hate to reference it, but the past Hegemony has shown that they're willing to pull anything to get rid of a threat, whether that threat is big or small, and when faced with the threat of Karma, a good part of them scattered.

Edited by Rey the Great

I'm not one to debate in threads as I feel everyone reading only wishes to twist it to fit their own ambitions.

Please, thoroughly look it over if you must.

http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_League_/index.php?act=idx

He is masked as BTA member and I am masked on Senator. I've always enjoied our chats over the years and hope to continue to do so. I use to talk with some of TAB and most of them were//are good people. I have no problem with you except for you trying to get rid of BTA. If the name BTA had any near and dear meaning to TAB's heart then they should of name changed back. Again, look into my claim thoroughly.

Then the OP misled me into believing it was only he and MD who were friends.

And when you say "I have no problem with you except for you trying to get rid of BTA," can you please clarify who "you" is?

No, bandwagoning is going and doing something you wouldn't do by yourself for the, more or less, sole reason that lots of other people are doing it.

If the sole reason is more or less, then it isn't sole. There are other reasons why would would join the fray. PR would be one such example.

You’re kidding right? I’ve known TimLee for ages. Not to mention the other FIRE members and government that I have known for quite some time. Also, when BTA was reformed yesterday guess who the only one to form it was. I’ll give you a hit, it’s me. Treaties are based off of friendship. FIRE has that friendship with BTA.

Currently BTA has 7 members and is over 100k NS and growing well.

Once again, the OP misled me.

As for accepting the treaty, what has your Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Did they approve this treaty, as per your charter? And even if you and FIRE's leaders approve of this treaty, shouldn't membership at least get a look. As this looks to have been done quickly, I assume little was given to membership.

Wait, I helped create this, didn't I... AH! The repercussions. :wacko:

As a member if FIRE government, I wish I had the chance to vote against this decision like I should have had, however now I see how FIRE values the opinion of it's members and it's government. This was not a wise decision as we had nothing to do with this alliance and they already had a treaty and didn't need a protector because of it.

EDIT: I wanted to add some more to the post and edit some grammar and spelling

Edited by Nintenderek

As a member if FIRE government, I wish I had the chance to vote against this decision like I should have had, however now I see how FIRE value's the opinion of it's members and it's government. This was not a wise decision as we had nothing to do with this alliance and they already had a treaty and didn't need a protector because of it.

As FIRE's Minister of Foreign Affairs, I wish I had been told about this protectorate before it was announced.

As a member if FIRE government, I wish I had the chance to vote against this decision like I should have had, however now I see how FIRE value's the opinion of it's members and it's government. This was not a wise decision as we had nothing to do with this alliance and they already had a treaty and didn't need a protector because of it.

So would you consider this treaty to have been "shotgunned" through possibly in response to the TAB announcement?