FIRE Edict

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It can be.

How so? I've gladly stood up for my friends and I've really only felt bad one time and that was a retroactive feeling bad for supporting them. And that was because of the actions of one person.

FIRE has every right to decide their own standards and stand against injustice if they see fit.

Just as diplomatic as the way TAB made their announcement.

FIRE are a close ally of our brothers in Viridia and I applaud the stance they have taken and will gladly bring my lightsaber to battle if the situation requires it.

I have no problem with the protectorate, merely the way this announcement was made. They did not need to draw attention to their anger by saying TAB's announcement was !@#$%^&*. Here, I'll write something that doesn't offend the ears but says the same thing.

"We, in FIRE, don't appreciate the way TAB has been dealing with our friends in BTA. In light of their strongly worded announcement, we feel it best that BTA become our protectorate in a sign of friendship and good faith."

Easy and simple. It says the exact same thing. Also, it shows a degree of professionalism so that people deal with you with respect instead of assuming you're a loose cannon.

I have no problem with the protectorate, merely the way this announcement was made. They did not need to draw attention to their anger by saying TAB's announcement was !@#$%^&*. Here, I'll write something that doesn't offend the ears but says the same thing.

"We, in FIRE, don't appreciate the way TAB has been dealing with our friends in BTA. In light of their strongly worded announcement, we feel it best that BTA become our protectorate in a sign of friendship and good faith."

Easy and simple. It says the exact same thing. Also, it shows a degree of professionalism so that people deal with you with respect instead of assuming you're a loose cannon.

Maybe... Diplomatic announcments have never been my specialty ;)

Also, it shows a degree of professionalism so that people deal with you with respect instead of assuming you're a loose cannon.

At risk of seeming overly cheesy, I think those who are already working with Carter are already fully aware they're playing with, well... FIRE.

And so concludes my bad pun of the day. Please enjoy the rest of your evenings.

How so? I've gladly stood up for my friends and I've really only felt bad one time and that was a retroactive feeling bad for supporting them. And that was because of the actions of one person.

FIRE has every right to decide their own standards and stand against injustice if they see fit.

How so? To me a friendship or treaty does not absolve that friend or treaty partner of having to decide between right and wrong. If they choose the right thing then you should stand up for them. If they choose the wrong thing then you should not defend them. The whole defending friends no matter what they actually do is what let some alliances run amuck for long periods of time after all.

By the way, I'm not saying FIRE is wrong. I was just disagreeing with the dumb statement that defending a friend is never wrong.

How so? To me a friendship or treaty does not absolve that friend or treaty partner of having to decide between right and wrong. If they choose the right thing then you should stand up for them. If they choose the wrong thing then you should not defend them. The whole defending friends no matter what they actually do is what let some alliances run amuck for long periods of time after all.

By the way, I'm not saying FIRE is wrong. I was just disagreeing with the dumb statement that defending a friend is never wrong.

BTA isn't wrong though, so neither is FIRE in defending them.

I had high hopes for FIRE, but I don't like those who bandwagon.

You clearly don't know what bandwagonning is.

That's the majority of their career.

Who are you, and why are you pretending like you know me, what FIRE's doing, and that you actually comprehend everything that's going on?

Edited by Carter

logo.png

FIRE believes the claims by TAB to be complete !@#$%^&*. MD is a very good friend of mine, and so I'd like to help him out in ensuring his alliance has the opportunity to grow and succeed in peace.

this confuses me greatly. how does one call out an alliance and in the very next sentence say that you want peace.....

carter, i like the move here, my respect for you has gone up a little bit, but i don't think you have what it takes to pull this type of move off.

TL;DR

don't write checks that you can't cash ;)

Who are you, and why are you pretending like you know me, what FIRE's doing, and that you actually comprehend everything that's going on?

I'm a nobody, I don't pretend to know you because I wouldn't want to, it's quite obvious that FIRE is made of opportunistic people and you crave attention because you amsg every announcement ever made (and that's a lot for you) , and it's quite easy to comprehend things that are right in front of you.

If you don't want people to detest what you do, don't make !@#$ public.