Central European Union

Centurius

On the matter of a central bank Nay, we wish to maintain control over our own monetary policy. However we wouldn't take issue with a central currency exchange. (ooc: like the IMF).

On the matter of Merc's the alliance abstains. We have our own overseas holdings, we are not going to be a hypocrite and say others can't have their own.

Edited by iamthey

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We vote yay on ADI entering (if I get a vote on that >_>)

OOC: Also hasn't norway already been requested by the guy who made the seventh reich in Africa?

We vote yay on ADI entering (if I get a vote on that >_>)

OOC: Also hasn't norway already been requested by the guy who made the seventh reich in Africa?

OOC: He's been inactive lately, and hasn't tried to back up on it. So I'm gunning for it while I can, and I have the reasons lined up

OOC: He's been inactive lately, and hasn't tried to back up on it. So I'm gunning for it while I can, and I have the reasons lined up

OOC: Thats cool.

IC: ADI expansion into Norway is acceptable to us.

The new Prime minister, Jens Stoltenberg, stepped into the room and stood beside the diplomat from Norway.

"Hello esteemed diplomats. My name is Jens Stoltenberg, and I am the new Prime Minister of Norway. I come here today to ask that Norway be returned to it's historical borders. For to long have the Norwegian people been separated by war, never free to truly rule themselves. I know that it is much to ask for, but I, and my nation, cannot sit idly by as the Norwegians live in anarchy so close to their brethren. Please consider this offer."

"I would also like to add my signature to this document, and have our nation name, regardless of your decision, be changed from ADI to Norway."

"Bavaria would support ADI/Norway in this issue."

OOC:

unfortunately, you have limited yourselves to a private discussion and thus hypocrisy cannot be called out

OOC: That same charter states we will not allow non-Europeans to have a Military Force on our own land.

IC:

We vote aye to all active proposals.

Proposal to outlaw Mercenary and Foreign Land Holding Corporations in Europe

Yes: 5

No: 1

Abstain: 1

Votes still needed to pass: 0

Not voted yet: Normandie, Welsh Kingdom

Proposal Passes, any and all foreign or corporate military forces and bases are to be evacuated from Europe immediately

Foreign Military or Land Holding Influence within a European Sphere of Influence is hereby against the established mission of the Central European Union. Corporations, including mercenary, military advisory and submission incorporation's, are hereby banned to commit operations within Europe. Holding air/sea bases, actual land, or investment in the government of a European nation is hereby banned for said corporations. Any currently existing units within a European Sphere of Influence are to be immediately withdrawn.

>>Corporations, including mercenary, military advisory and submission incorporation's<<

Does this include corporations such as BMW, which is the main-manufacturer of automobiles Bavaria, or Krauss Maffei, who design and produce the majority of Bavarian military vehicles, or the MAN conglomerate, which produces both vehicles and ships for Bavaria?

>>Holding air/sea bases, actual land

The aformentioned corporations own the land on which their factories stand, having bought it. Would this mean that they would have to return the land officially to Bavarian Possession?

>>Corporations, including mercenary, military advisory and submission incorporation's<<

Does this include corporations such as BMW, which is the main-manufacturer of automobiles Bavaria, or Krauss Maffei, who design and produce the majority of Bavarian military vehicles, or the MAN conglomerate, which produces both vehicles and ships for Bavaria?

>>Holding air/sea bases, actual land

The aformentioned corporations own the land on which their factories stand, having bought it. Would this mean that they would have to return the land officially to Bavarian Possession?

Do they command armed personnel or do they give the Government advice about how to fight a war?

Do they command armed personnel or do they give the Government advice about how to fight a war?

Heckler&Koch, our biggest firearms designer and manufacturer does in fact have security personnel for hire, who can, in extreme cases, also be used to protect VIPs in foreign countries. The other companies have regular security personnel in their facilities which, depending on the exact nature of the facility, can be armed.

While they do not give advice on how to fight wars, they have men who offer advice for the most efficient use of each of the weapon systems they produce.

Heckler&Koch, our biggest firearms designer and manufacturer does in fact have security personnel for hire, who can, in extreme cases, also be used to protect VIPs in foreign countries. The other companies have regular security personnel in their facilities which, depending on the exact nature of the facility, can be armed.

While they do not give advice on how to fight wars, they have men who offer advice for the most efficient use of each of the weapon systems they produce.

They still aren't mercenaries nor provide advice on how to effectively fight a war.

Edited by Centurius

They still aren't mercenaries nor provide advice on how to effectively fight a war.

So they're not mercenaries even though they advertise the security forces as such, among other things?

Additionally, we would request a clearer wording of the proposal.

Foreign Military or Land Holding Influence within a European Sphere of Influence is hereby against the established mission of the Central European Union.

The following (if foreign) corporations/company-types are hereby banned from committing operations within Europe: Mercenary, military advisory and submission incorporations.

Holding air/sea bases, actual land, or investment in the government of a European nation is hereby banned for said corporations. Any currently existing units of these aformentioned corporations within the European Sphere of Influence are to be immediately withdrawn.

We feel that this wording makes it clearer that only foreign mercenary corporations are banned.

Yes.

Full Membership of the Alliance

Yes: 1

No: 0

Abstain: 0

Votes still needed to pass: 3

Not voted yet: Prussia, Bavaria, Poland, Normandie, ADI, Mariehamm

Full Membership of Lübeck

Yes: 1

No: 0

Abstain: 0

Votes still needed to pass: 3