Celebrating a new Europe

Centurius

The 'guard roamed the ball, not really meeting anyone's eyes, but he was still searching for someone...ah, there she was.

he carefully wended his way through the crowd, until he had come up behind the Lady Protector of the Hanseatic Commonwealth. Silently, he tapped her on the shoulder. "Save the first dance for me, m'lady?" As she would turn to meet him, she would see a familiar, smiling face under the visor of the cap--Anthony had come to call on her.

Sarah turned, surprised at the tap on her shoulder and came face to face with Anthony Harlem. Almost instantly her face brightened and blush filled her cheeks. "Oh Anthony, its good for you to have made it here and to think I wast thinking I was alone here except for the Empress. Its good to see you." She gave him a light kiss on the cheek before smiling again at his offer. "You know I was thinking the same thing just now."

Indeed the entire ballroom was missing the most important part of a ball, dancing. That we have to be changed. Sarah excused herself from Anthony's side as she bowed to Nadine who was still nearby. "Shall we get this celebration into full gear Your Highness?" Sarah said with a laugh before walking over to the orchestra on the side, lightly playing chamber music. Diveritmentos by Mozart and Schubert were in the air, but that just wasn't enough. This was Vienna and there was only one name that Sarah associated with the great cultural capital...Strauss.

"Maestro?" She said to the aged man on the platform. "I don't mean to be a bother, but I think that the music might need a bit of a change. If we really want to make this a memorable evening."

The conductor laughed gently. "Well Lady Tintagyl, I'd have to ask, what do you have in mind?"

Sarah smiled. "Something classy, something chipper, but something more than anything, something Viennese."

His face brightened. "I have just the thing Your Ladyship." He turned away from her and tapped his baton lightly. "Gentlemen, if you please. Humor me. Strauss."

And slowly but surely the music escaped the horns and the violins. It was like walking on a cloud for the Lady Protector, as the marble floors of the Palace changed to wisps of air that she floated on without care. In addition, she hoped that Nadine would be quickly blessed to find a dance partner, as for a Croatian Empress, ballroom dancing was a given. Walking back over to Harlem as the prelude to the waltz came to an end, she extended a hand, covered in a long white glove. "I believe you offered a dance from a gentleman to a lady?"

OOC: Cent...please don't yell at me for hijacking this thread :(

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'guard' he'd shoved turned back to glare at him, just for a moment revealing dark eyes underneath the cap. Davies ignored him.

When he was approached by the Empress, he returned the handshake she offered. He removed his cap with the other, as he was in the presence of a lady. "General Davies. The pleasure is mine, I assure you," he said, a twinkle in his eye.

He briefly glanced down at his military fatigues, and offered an apologetic smile. "Forgive me for this attire, but I simply refused to let my aides dress me up in the closet-ful of medals my dress uniform is these days."

----

The 'guard roamed the ball, not really meeting anyone's eyes, but he was still searching for someone...ah, there she was.

he carefully wended his way through the crowd, until he had come up behind the Lady Protector of the Hanseatic Commonwealth. Silently, he tapped her on the shoulder. "Save the first dance for me, m'lady?" As she would turn to meet him, she would see a familiar, smiling face under the visor of the cap--Anthony had come to call on her.

Sarah turned, surprised at the tap on her shoulder and came face to face with Anthony Harlem. Almost instantly her face brightened and blush filled her cheeks. "Oh Anthony, its good for you to have made it here and to think I wast thinking I was alone here except for the Empress. Its good to see you." She gave him a light kiss on the cheek before smiling again at his offer. "You know I was thinking the same thing just now."

Indeed the entire ballroom was missing the most important part of a ball, dancing. That we have to be changed. Sarah excused herself from Anthony's side as she bowed to Nadine who was still nearby. "Shall we get this celebration into full gear Your Highness?" Sarah said with a laugh before walking over to the orchestra on the side, lightly playing chamber music. Diveritmentos by Mozart and Schubert were in the air, but that just wasn't enough. This was Vienna and there was only one name that Sarah associated with the great cultural capital...Strauss.

"Maestro?" She said to the aged man on the platform. "I don't mean to be a bother, but I think that the music might need a bit of a change. If we really want to make this a memorable evening."

The conductor laughed gently. "Well Lady Tintagyl, I'd have to ask, what do you have in mind?"

Sarah smiled. "Something classy, something chipper, but something more than anything, something Viennese."

His face brightened. "I have just the thing Your Ladyship." He turned away from her and tapped his baton lightly. "Gentlemen, if you please. Humor me. Strauss."

And slowly but surely the music escaped the horns and the violins. It was like walking on a cloud for the Lady Protector, as the marble floors of the Palace changed to wisps of air that she floated on without care. In addition, she hoped that Nadine would be quickly blessed to find a dance partner, as for a Croatian Empress, ballroom dancing was a given. Walking back over to Harlem as the prelude to the waltz came to an end, she extended a hand, covered in a long white glove. "I believe you offered a dance from a gentleman to a lady?"

OOC: Cent...please don't yell at me for hijacking this thread :(

OOC: Sarah you better not come on IRC for a while :lol1: Just kidding, it's fine :)

IC:

"It is fine General, my own Guards wanted to put on their normal Uniforms however Imperial Decrees tend to motivate people"she said with a laugh as the music started to play, beautiful music as she had always enjoyed while played during the several dancing classes she had to through in her youth.

"Care for a dance, General?"Nadine asked.

He would soon see a large table filled with food from all European cultures possible, in addition there were some from other continents too.

He had a bit of a feed before moving of to mingle with the other world leaders

OOC:Eric Banner is an :awesome: choice KaiserMelch

Recognizing the salute the Lieutenant did the same. "Welcome to Greater Croatia, I am sure the Empress will meet with you later, until that point would you like a drink?"he asked.

"Possibly a non alcoholic one for myself and Athrun. Possibly some grapefruit if you have any or if not any other fruit juice will fine. Thank you" replied Natarle as one thing she didn't wish to do was get drunk or have her thoughts and actions meddled with by alcohol.

Smiling broadly, unashamedly for the first time in a long while, he swept off his cap, rolled it up, and placed it in a back pocket as she moved for a moment to the orchestra.

When she returned, he was still smiling, and he took the hand that she reached out.

Others watching would think they made a quite odd couple. They were quite the contrast--a lady dressed in her finest, loking every inch the fairy-tale princess, and he in outback fatigues. Anthony gave no thought to that as they began the first few steps of their dance. It had been some time since he'd done this sort of thing, but after a couple mis-steps, his body remembered the motions, and belying the simple nature of his clothing, flowed gracefully across the floor with his dance partner.

"It is fine General, my own Guards wanted to put on their normal Uniforms however Imperial Decrees tend to motivate people"she said with a laugh as the music started to play, beautiful music as she had always enjoyed while played during the several dancing classes she had to through in her youth.

"Care for a dance, General?"Nadine asked.

"I would be delighted to, my lady." Like Anthony, he rolled up his cap and put it out of the way, and reached out a hand to the Empress...

In the meantime, the bavarian King had made his was to the food, taking some, and sitting down on a chair nearby the table, eating Schnitzel and drinking good, bavarian beer.

While doing so, he watched the people walking, talking, dancing, interested.

After the Empress and Lady Tintagyl had moved on, Louis sought out his Deputy Consul of State, Heidi Foster. She was sitting alone at a table, a small sandwich on her plate and a glass of champagne in front of her. Louis unbuttoned his tuxedo jacket as he leaned back in his chair, watching Anthony and Lady Tintagyl.

"He moves well." Heidi's eyes slowly followed his gaze and then she looked back at him, a slightly shocked look on her face.

"He moves well? You have an Empress and one of the most sought-after women in the world out on that floor dancing and you say that he moves well?" Louis laughed at his former chief negotiator's disbelief.

"Sought after by some, Heidi, but not by this world leader. It would be too cliche, too Hollywood."

"What do you mean?"

"A poor African American boy gets lucky, strikes oil, builds an economic empire through sweat and grime, then wins a civil war in quite the same manner and now runs a country, getting the European princess that everyone is after? I leave that to the movies. Maybe after I'm dead they can make a movie about me and that can be in there. You know they do that sort of thing all the time. Like how that nurse was loved by both pilots in "Pearl Harbor", or that rich girl and the poor guy hooked up in "Titanic", or how Neo and Trinity hooked up in "Matrix: Revolutions"."

"You know "Matrix: Revolutions" was fiction, right?"

"There are robots living under us and we are all in a computer simulation, Heidi, I swear it!" He was joking of course, and an added wink let her know that. "Still, Lady Tintagyl is far too trusting. It is that trust that will be her undoing."

"And what about you, Louis? Do you trust anyone?"

"Trust no one, Heidi. Haven't you learned that with all we've been through?" A curt nod answered his question. "Still, there is one person I do trust."

"And who is that?"

"You, Heidi. I trust you." He winked at her again and turned back to the dancing for a moment before glancing around. "Where's Bill?"

"Oh, he sequestered himself in a corner somewhere."

"How many drinks as he had?"

"Five or six... do you want me to go get him and make him leave?"

"No, leave the old man be. He needs to have some fun too. Besides, he isn't dangerous until he's have fifteen or sixteen."

• 2 weeks later...

Out of Character - my vacation set back all my active role playing.

After the conversation with Sarah and the Director Nadine noticed a face she had seen on tv and pictures of her christening, after looking another time she realized it was Generalissimo of which she still had a jet and had grown to like due to his actions regarding Nordland as such she walked towards him. "Generalissimo? It is an honour I can finally meet you in person"
"I haven’t seen you in mont_err, years. . . yeah, years – that’s the ticket.

We’ve defiantly met, but you were too young to remember.

It’s amazing to see you so grown up when it seems like your christening wasn’t so long ago.

So, how’s my old Learjet? You’re the reason I’m flying commercial after all." [laugh]

Edited by Generalissimo

Erik Betrakte entered the hall and stayed in the shadows, ordering a drink and watching the party. It was the end of Nordland, and the beginning of Europe. Although Erik would never consider himself the protector of Scandinavia, some of his loyalists would consider him the beginning of diversity in Scandinavia.