An Official Statement from The Aquatic Brotherhood

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support Master Debater in his efforts to bring an alliance he holds near and dear to his heart back to life. I know the feeling. You know, sometimes it is better to live and let live instead of making threatening announcements that really say nothing at all.

Oh, I don't know. TAB has already requested trade sanctions for completely laughable reasons, so I wouldn't put unprovoked military agression beyond the TAB/MHA corner either.

I support Master Debater in his efforts to bring an alliance he holds near and dear to his heart back to life. I know the feeling. You know, sometimes it is better to live and let live instead of making threatening announcements that really say nothing at all.

I won't lie, I consider BTA to be a horrible alliance best left dead, however, due to TAB's laughable show of....might(?), I, Rebel Virginia, will hereby be joining the BTA.

Including leading it headlong into a war, along with its allies, via a completely manufactured treaty (a PIAT no less if I recall). Fun days.

If it had a military clause, optional or not, it's valid. And no amount of bawwwwwwwwing would make it less valid.

I won't lie, I consider BTA to be a horrible alliance best left dead, however, due to TAB's laughable show of....might(?), I, Rebel Virginia, will hereby be joining the BTA.

I hearby request the nations of FAIL be sanctioned because his opinion is not the same as mine.

/sarcasm

Edited by AirMe

Master-Debater was the founder of the original BTA. Your alliance owes your existence to him, by extension if you really are evolved from the Blue Turtle Alliance. Perhaps just let it go? You aren't the Blue Turtle Alliance anymore.

I think this issue isn't as big as you're making it out to be.

Actually if it were purely up to MD, BTA would have been forced to disband by the likes of the initiative

note: i have nothing against BTA and their members..... other than MD

Edited by CptGodzilla

Actually if it were purely up to MD, BTA would have been forced to disband by the likes of the initiative

And they essentially were disbanded. Their leaders were barred from government in the "successor" alliance. They lost their name. A good portion of the old community departed. How exactly is TAB the BTA as they are claiming to be? If anything TAB has tried to distance itself from its past, yet a grudge against MD has caused them to want to bring this up. As I said, I laugh this petty display of pettiness.

From my understanding, Master Debater informed TAB as well as other parties relevant regarding his reforming of BTA. However, it is only now, that TAB is making an issue of the reformation. After MD spent tons of time, and actual [ooc:]irl[/ooc] money putting the new BTA together.

And they essentially were disbanded. Their leaders were barred from government in the "successor" alliance. They lost their name. A good portion of the old community departed. How exactly is TAB the BTA as they are claiming to be? If anything TAB has tried to distance itself from its past, yet a grudge against MD has caused them to want to bring this up. As I said, I laugh this petty display of pettiness.

Oh I was just saying that about MD. I have nothing against anything else with the alliance.... but MD

I carry petty grudges ect.

"Whereas The Aquatic Brotherhood is a sovereign alliance and by virtue of being the original is hereby entitled to the rights of the name Blue Turtle Alliance"

This makes absolutely no sense. You claim to be TAB, and then immediately afterward claim to be BTA. Clearly, if you were BTA and cared about the name, you would have switched back to the name BTA a very long time ago. Just as clearly, this is a move born out of nothing more than spite and malice for the original founder of your alliance.

Also to help your cause, IIRC they decided on their own to change to TAB, they weren't forced by CIS

The fact it never existed, one would think, would make it considerably less valid.

Having been in 2 alliances that have entered wars on no treaties and 1 alliance that stopped a war by threatening to enter on no treaties, friends are friends and you don't need a treaty to help them.

The fact it never existed, one would think, would make it considerably less valid.

Friends, are friends, are friends. If you need a piece of paper to tell you who it's worth to fight for, and if you're going to whine over a little lost infrastructure, you're clearly in the wrong [ooc]game[/ooc].

Also to help your cause, IIRC they decided on their own to change to TAB, they weren't forced by CIS

Uh, no. CIS made them change the name. Wait, actually, if you read the announcement, it states that CIS disbanded the BTA. So, established alliances can now claim the rights to the names of long dead alliances? If that is the case, I now own all rights to the name ODS.

Having been in 2 alliances that have entered wars on no treaties and 1 alliance that stopped a war by threatening to enter on no treaties, friends are friends and you don't need a treaty to help them.

But sir! Surely one wouldn't enter a war without proper cause, the loss of infrastructure would be highly unnecessary and inconvenient.

Whether BTA entered the war with or without a PIAT I could care less, their prerogative. That MD lied about the PIAT to get not only BTA into the war, but the entire bloc BTA was in at the time, is not excusable. There is a good reason the BTA name is stained.

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold yo $@! up.

The ORIGINAL FOUNDER of an alliance wants to re-establish that alliance? Good for him. I support it. Meanwhile, TAB are making a rukus for... what reason? The fact that you claim to be the real BTA? Should've stayed BTA and not changed your name, then. Your loss to the title.

And, I had so much more faith in MHA than to support such a pointless daytime drama.