Defeat alert damage

TypoNinja

One on of the recent defeat alerts I sent out i noticed something odd.

Subject: Defeat Alert

Message: Your nation has been defeated in battle. You do not have enough troops to defend your nation and your government has been thrown into Anarchy. You have lost all of your tanks, 5 spies, 14.85 infrastructure has been destroyed, 1.96 technology was lost and $6,374.87 of your money reserves was destroyed due to the invasion and resulting riots. What troops you did have deployed have also been returned home.

Land damage is conspicuously absent, is there a reason it is not included?

Edited by TypoNinja

It barely goes anywhere at all right now. Plus its just the ascetics of it, your nation is in such complete anarchy that money and technology is being destroyed, but somehow your borders are still secure?

Maybe at your level it seems so, but as you go up in the ranks and start to face nations with a lot of tech, nukes, and a WRC that perception will change. Wait until you take a nuke that destroys more land than you currently have before saying land doesn't go anywhere. I've seen nations with 5-5500 miles of land at the start of a round against multiple opponents end with with nothing but their natural growth (which is not at risk).

It doesn't make sense for a raid to destroy land. The only thing that can actually destroy land is a nuke, because the radiation renders it useless.

And stealing 200 "miles" of land and bringing it halfway back across the globe is entirely possible -_-

Which makes sense when the map of your nation shows it as one big circle centered around your capital city.

My point is it doesn't have to make sense in this game.

The map never made sense.. but the actual game usually tries to make sense. Sort of.

Considering how many different nations I (and most people) have land from, that makes even less sense ;)

Not really.. it just means everyone has a really freaky nation that is divided into a couple hundred patches of land that aren't even connected. :P

Not really.. it just means everyone has a really freaky nation that is divided into a couple hundred patches of land that aren't even connected. :P

Damn, those nukes that take out all the soldier guards in all the patches are impressive :awesome: