No, I won't be returning in two weeks ...

Van Hoo III

When I left the game back in December, I truly intended to never return. The problem was that with war on the horizon it was an awful time to leave and I felt that I had let a lot of people in a lot of alliances down. Due to constant badgering from friends, I returned a mere two weeks later to help finish what had already begun. I of course could not explain in detail that war was coming and that a loose coalition was forming to defend us from it at the time, so I just let people think I simply missed the spotlight. :P

I sat on None for about two months before helping to launch Nemesis. The idea was that this project would help get my interest in the game up again and it worked. Nemesis was the most fun I have had in a very long time and you will not find a better group of guys.

Sadly (or not so sadly), real life has finally gotten it's mitts on me and I can no longer prolong my departure. As many of you know, I am a writer in real life and CN cuts into that far too much. I will now be throwing myself more into that portion of my life and will depart for an extended and possibly infinite length of time. I am never one to say that I will never be back. A year from now I may very well catch the CN bug and decide to return, but I do know that this time I will not be returning any time soon. My nation is in fact already deleted and I won't even be reading this thead in a few minutes.

I will not give complete shoutouts because with all the people I have met in my two years here, that would take far too long. I will instead say a few things to a few people and alliances that I feel deserve it:

MK: To this day, you are wrong about the reasons for our cancelling our treaty with you. It was however the one thing I regret doing in this game ... well, ok ... maybe except appointing ChairmanHal tri of RoK when I left. :awesome: Anyway, we had issues at the time and after AirMe blew up at me, I held it against him and MK as a whole and did nothing from then on to help heal our relationship. AirMe did everything he could to move on from that moment. He apologized, offered to step down, and offered his first born (kidding) to help us all move forward and I refused. I was offended and became petty about it and it was not appropriate.

The SF bloc, Vanguard, and VE: I only came back for you guys. Despite it all working out in the end, it was a terrible time to leave you all hanging and I am glad I came back long enough to help where I could.

Ragnarok: I am proud of you.

Nemesis: Keep chugging along, guys. You will one day be an alliance no one wants to tangle with ... if you aren't already. :P

#Cupcakery: Thank you for helping to keep me interested as long as you did. It is amazing seeing so many people from different sides all co-existing in one channel and hanging out.

Doitzel: If Vox ever needs to reform ...

KaitlinK: Wait. You don't need a shoutout because I see you every day. :wub:

Poison Clan: Yes, you are right, they did write the NAP that way on purpose. If only I were the logdumping sort ... :D

And to everyone else ...

Bai. :)

Van Hoo III

Co-founder and ex-emperor of Ragnarok

Co-founder and ex-triumvir of Nemesis

Edited by Van Hoo III

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MK: It was however the one thing I regret doing in this game ... well, ok ... maybe except appointing ChairmanHal tri of RoK when I left. :awesome:

Actually your mistake was appointing TailsK Tri of Rok...or any government position. He ran off any number of other players, good loyal people who would have at one time ran down the barrel of a gun for you. Present company included.

What strikes me is that either you were too blind to see it or were told about it and chose to keep promoting him anyway.

I'm sorry we depart on bad terms. You were a real asset to the game.

Actually your mistake was appointing TailsK Tri of Rok...or any government position. He ran off any number of other players, good loyal people who would have at one time ran down the barrel of a gun for you. Present company included.

What strikes me is that either you were too blind to see it or were told about it and chose to keep promoting him anyway.

I'm sorry we depart on bad terms. You were a real asset to the game.

I would take an abrasive personality over traitorous scum any day.

Also, Hoo, you will be back. We all come back.

Take care, Hoo. I will always remember how you were very civil towards me when FEAR first came up as a potential signatory into CDT. Considering some of RoK's allies would rather have seen FEAR dead, that meant a lot and showed you have real class. Good luck out there.

Listen, worm. I've been leaving this game since before you were a twinkle in daddy's eye. You're not allowed to do this until I say you can you anti-Order \m/-sympathist scum. I'm not done with you! :P

*Sigh* Every day seems to bring with it more and more reasons that Vox should re-form some day. This is one of the better ones. I'll genuinely miss you, Hoo. I hope you'll still stop by the #Cupcakery sometimes. I'll even avoid badgering you (to the best of my ability).

Ah, **** it. o/ Van Hoo, the Greatest Leader in CN