Citadel Announcement

Later player.

This is a good thing, IMO.

Considering I went through every response so far and this sums up my thoughts the most accurately, I'll thank Epiphanus for giving me a quote.

Not at all surprising.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This wasn't an easy call for anyone in the citadel. I've seen a few great people from OG come forth during this time: ee and b_edwa comes to mind. With people like that active in OG I'm sure we'll see a time soon where they can come come back if they still want that. Despite our ups and downs we've had some good times and I'd like to say: thank you for the time OG and I hope we don't drift too far apart.

One day you state very explicitly that your internal disagreements are encouraged and a sign of strength. Sure it looks bad to the rest of us, but we just don't understand how awesome the Citadel is. Now you have removed an alliance due to internal disagreements and we should understand that. After all, you need to have internal unity to function.

See the problem there?

No. I would suggest finding out more about the topic besides the ops statements before finger painting. ;)

Or rather, carefully read the op. Internal disagreements is one thing, what the ops stated was another.

Edited by Ejayrazz

No. I would suggest finding out more about the topic besides the ops statements before finger painting. ;)

Or rather, carefully read the op. Internal disagreements is one thing, what the ops stated was another.

I read it carefully and I get the idea. Of course I was simplifying in my post, but I feel my point still stands. A picture was painted of Citadel that showed it as a group untouched by the common problems of regular blocs. Yet here the problems are.

Anyway, I don't really have a problem with the fact that you ditched OG. Hell, I'd of done it months ago were I you. It's more a matter of the mixed messages some of us on the outside have received.

I do have a serious problem with leaders who create messes and do not clean them up. I feel that is the ultimate act of cowardice and disrespect.

Or, it's totally expected because OG has been disrespectful and has grown apart from the other signatories over the last 9 months. I would find it silly if they weren't expelled.

And who was the person behind most of that? Reyne. Food for your thought, sparky.

That, is what is so puzzling in an otherwise vanilla bloc reorganization situation. I would have thought that OG without Reyne would be perfectly acceptable.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but did you read the op?

members of government who had been responsible for the execution of the decisions that caused the definite divergence between Old Guard and the other signatories of the bloc had been continually retained in office by the membership, and, indeed, the membership had voted in favor of many of the measures in question. As such, it was felt by many that the membership of Old Guard, rather than the government only, was culpable for the courses of action that Old Guard as an alliance chose to commit itself to; it was felt that the issue lay in the character of the population of the alliance, that such could not simply be expected to change, and that, thus, second chances were not a concept viably applicable in this instance. If it had been felt in any significant measure that the situation had any viable chance of being resolved, then all measures would have been undertaken to that effect; unfortunately, such was not the case in this instance.

Well not totally unexpected but I actually thought Citadel meant something. I guess not. They are just as vulnerable as any other bloc and are now shown to be nothing special after all. Also, Santa isn't real.

Yeap. You got us!

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but did you read the op?

I actually did read it. To me it still seems a bit unfair. If you all had waited so long, another week or two to see how they developed in absence of their previous leadership would not have been too much to ask, but that is my opinion and has no bearing whatsoever on what Citadel as an entity wishes to do.

As i said, i wish everyone effected by this, good fortune.

I'm not sure why even the most open bloc should have to tolerate one of their member alliances being on the opposite side of a war. There wouldn't really be anything "special" about having OG remain in spite of that, just stupid. Though I will say this probably should have happened sooner.

I'm not sure why even the most open bloc should have to tolerate one of their member alliances being on the opposite side of a war. There wouldn't really be anything "special" about having OG remain in spite of that, just stupid. Though I will say this probably should have happened sooner.

In OG's defense, it wasn't they who violated any treaties to be on the 'opposite' side of the war.

There are some good people in Old Guard. Old Guard is more than 1 person.

Although that certainly doesn't show from their forum presence.

This was a good move by Citadel, although I think most people expected this a while back, so the timing is a bit off :P

That, is what is so puzzling in an otherwise vanilla bloc reorganization situation. I would have thought that OG without Reyne would be perfectly acceptable.

Yeah, keeping a totally inactive alliance without their most active member is really beneficial to the bloc, I think. Democracy means large chunks of the membership were fine with most of the actions undertaken.

I do not understand why we cannot consider this matter ended.

Certainly some people will infer what they like; that is the nature of politics in general.

The Citadel was formed by bands of friends sharing common goals, ideas and interpretations of circumstances.

Friends and friendship can and do exist without agreements. Indeed, disagreement serves often to make friendships stronger.

I believe I speak for the entire Citadel when I say that we hold no ill will collectively toward The Old Guard. We wish them nothing but prosperity and will die to defend them. As such many of us are keeping out individual treaties with our brothers.

However, it has come to pass that many of us in The Citadel believe that the collective goals and interpretations of The Old Guard have changed.

I'm not suggesting they're wrong, short-sighted or problematic... simply different than many of our own.

The Lux is about two things: friendship and common vision.

The friendship is firm but our visions of the future now differ.

I urge you all to let our treaties stand on their own merit. There is no longer a need to hold The Old Guard under the conditions of the Lux.

Godspeed them.

Edited by Matthew PK

What a strange situation. The obvious one causing some major stress within the Citadel was Reyne. Now we see the leaders of OG leave OG and join a different and NEW alliance in Citadel. Then after such we see the remainder of the nations cast aside. That just doesn't make much sense and it seems as if Citadel members really do not wish to go into what is going on.

I really do hope we hear from some of the regular OG members on what is actually going on.