Citadel Announcement

Then they deserve something bad too. They're all on my bad list now.

I'll keep that in mind.

I heard from a birdy that OG would be joining FrostBite along with the recent addition of New Pacific Order.

Your forgot the Flying Tigers.

Let's just hope for the sake of Argent that she does not rise to any position of influence.

She's already stated that she does not desire to be a government member.

Good luck to TOP, FCC, Umbrella, and The Gramlins.

And...?

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you dismiss a bloc member with the ease you seem to require then its not much of a bloc.

I was referring to Ejay's comment in reply to my statement saying I was surprised this did not happen sooner. In your rush to take a swing at me you missed and smacked yourself in the mouth once again.

At no stage did I say the decision was easy, just that I was surprised the decision was not made sooner.

I am also surprised it didn't happen sooner and even more surprised it happens now if it didn't then. I also have to say this is among the saddest announcements ever made in the game from my perspective. Old Guard holds a place in my heart more than any other alliance. The Citadel was my favorite part of being in the alliance that didn't have top do with internal OG things.

Well when all but one member of a block jumps one way in a war and the other member joins the other side is doesn't take a degree in poli sci to realize change is going to be in the works. One would expect members of a bloc to side with other members of the same bloc over random outside treaties, or why be in a bloc?

Except for OG entered by way of tC and it's supremacy clause.

Citadel is obviously the new Continuum. :P One question though, was Reyne the Emperor of OG and the only voting member of government? Nope. Like Citadel explained here, the membership also took the way that the government was going. OG was more than Reyne. But the vultures will always need a person or bloc to trash.

Good luck Citadel, I know it could not have been an easy decision and I for one am glad to see that you all took the time to discuss the issue and hear all sides. Also, good luck to OG as they rebuild and change the face of their alliance.

Congrats on being able to keep Reyne in Citadel.

Argent is giving Reyne a second chance in their alliance. As someone has previously stated, she has no intention of being in government. If this is truly the case, then there shouldn't be a problem with this outcome.

It was pretty clear a significant portion (a much larger portion than OG represented) of Citadel would be on the side that became known as Karma before the war started. TOP was something of a wild card, while Umbrella, Gremlins, and FCC (I think) were more closely aligned with the Karma side. Even if the others broke the letter of the treaty, I don't think it's much in the spirit of a treaty to peg yourself to a course of action directly opposed to the majority of your blocmates.

This is an inaccurate portrayal for a number of reasons. By all accounts, and especially from the perspective of anyone observing at the time, it wasn't OG what was 'pegging' itself to be opposed to the Citadel; it was the Citadel that was moving away from OG. At best, some members of the Citadel could be seen as vaguely associating themselves with an amorphous anti-hegemony side. But rather quite the opposite of what you said, it was they that 'pegged' themselves to be on the opposing side of OG; and TOP, might I add, who was a member of the Continuum until the day the war started and an MDoAP partner with NPO until just days ago. Grämlins, as well, with their near-merger with MHA, who was also a member of the Continuum until the day the war started, could be seen as tenuously attached to the Hegemony. Looking at OG's ties and the Citadel's history as a functioning arm of the Hegemony, it is ridiculous to say that the Citadel was clearly going to be on Karma's side.

It was a team effort but I think we managed to pull it off in a smooth way in the end.

Citadel: Solutions Oriented Bloc'ing Made Easy :P

Argent is giving Reyne a second chance in their alliance. As someone has previously stated, she has no intention of being in government. If this is truly the case, then there shouldn't be a problem with this outcome.

Lol, I don't really care. Put Reyne in gov't and I still don't really care. Argent came around notifying people who they thought might have had actual issues with Reyne joining them, to which I had none. I was just giving you guys a hard time.

Although, I'm kinda curious why Reyne gets a second chance, but not the membership which supported policies of OG's gov't by electing the leaders OG had.

Edited by Rafael Nadal

She's already stated that she does not desire to be a government member.

It was my understanding that there was an agreement on the part of Argent to effectively guarantee she'd never be allowed to run for office even if she wanted to, in order to cool some of the louder voices calling for her blood.

I freely admit this may be a distorted interpretation of the actual facts, since I heard it like seventh-hand, but I definitely got the impression it was less she was choosing to opt out as much as she was being locked out as a condition of being allowed to join Argent at all.

Lol, I don't really care. Put Reyne in gov't and I still don't really care. Argent came around notifying people who they thought might have had actual issues with Reyne joining them, to which I had none. I was just giving you guys a hard time.

Although, I'm kinda curious why Reyne gets a second chance, but not the membership which supported policies of OG's gov't by electing the leaders OG had.

Possible she got her second chance from being so active and securing herself and the other leader of OG a position. My guess is that OG was becoming very inactive and these three decided to just bail rather then try continue on. When a ship is capsizing it is every man (or woman) for themselves.

This is an inaccurate portrayal for a number of reasons. By all accounts, and especially from the perspective of anyone observing at the time, it wasn't OG what was 'pegging' itself to be opposed to the Citadel; it was the Citadel that was moving away from OG. At best, some members of the Citadel could be seen as vaguely associating themselves with an amorphous anti-hegemony side. But rather quite the opposite of what you said, it was they that 'pegged' themselves to be on the opposing side of OG; and TOP, might I add, who was a member of the Continuum until the day the war started and an MDoAP partner with NPO until just days ago. Grämlins, as well, with their near-merger with MHA, who was also a member of the Continuum until the day the war started, could be seen as tenuously attached to the Hegemony. Looking at OG's ties and the Citadel's history as a functioning arm of the Hegemony, it is ridiculous to say that the Citadel was clearly going to be on Karma's side.

lol. I love how everyone reduces every situation down to Hegemony vs Karma. Citadel is mainly on Citadels side.

Also, it doesnt really matter what your perspective is. Did OG move away from Citadel or did Citadel move away from OG? Fact is, OG is away from Citadel.

I have also heard something about the war being the reason for OG getting kicked. That is not the fact. The reason they got kicked is that there is no close connection anymore between them and some of the other signatories due to Reyne (and others) having trashed all bridges that existed before and did not care enough about Citadel to try to rebuild them.

I have also heard something about the war being the reason for OG getting kicked. That is not the fact. The reason they got kicked is that there is no close connection anymore between them and some of the other signatories due to Reyne (and others) having trashed all bridges that existed before and did not care enough about Citadel to try to rebuild them.

Well yes if your going to nit pick, it would be more correct to say that the war was the tipping point, and not the single cause, but specifically making that distinction in a post is getting just a wee bit anal. It's not like anyone with two brain cells to run together couldn't come to that conclusion on their own without it being spelled out for them. The war was just the latest, and most publicly viewable, incident moving in that direction, so as the catalyst event, it gets the blame.

Well yes if your going to nit pick, it would be more correct to say that the war was the tipping point, and not the single cause, but specifically making that distinction in a post is getting just a wee bit anal. It's not like anyone with two brain cells to run together couldn't come to that conclusion on their own without it being spelled out for them. The war was just the latest, and most publicly viewable, incident moving in that direction, so as the catalyst event, it gets the blame.

Yeah you can say that the war was just conclusion of what i said, but OG didnt get trashed internally about it. Quite the opposite. It was seen as at least standing to what you did and accepting the consequences.

The writing was on the wall for the Old Guard as soon as they invoked the Mobius Accords and came to the defense of the New Pacific Order. It is sad to see this action happen, but was most certainly not surprising. I thank the Old Guard for standing by us and our then allies over at the New Pacific Order. The honor of your act will not be forgotten and I wish you the best of luck. To the Citadel, I wish you the best of luck as well as you chart your new course.

The writing was on the wall for the Old Guard as soon as they invoked the Mobius Accords and came to the defense of the New Pacific Order. It is sad to see this action happen, but was most certainly not surprising. I thank the Old Guard for standing by us and our then allies over at the New Pacific Order. The honor of your act will not be forgotten and I wish you the best of luck. To the Citadel, I wish you the best of luck as well as you chart your new course.

I think im going to kill myself now.

lol. I love how everyone reduces every situation down to Hegemony vs Karma. Citadel is mainly on Citadels side.

Also, it doesnt really matter what your perspective is. Did OG move away from Citadel or did Citadel move away from OG? Fact is, OG is away from Citadel.

And I love how you oversimplify someone's argument in order to laugh at it and dismiss it.

Who moved away from whom is extremely important, and it's a simplistic view to think otherwise. The sincerity of the sentiments expressed in the OP and in this thread are dependent on that distinction. If you just wanted to express the hamfisted sentiment in your last sentence there, you could have easily done so without the long gushy explanation blaming OG for this *sniffle* tough decision you have to make.

I think im going to kill myself now.

Don't do it?

Also Old Guard's stance in the last war can very easily be seen as a legitimate symptom of their "growing away" from the Citadel. As such, it should be able to be referenced without a snarky response.