Citadel Announcement

In OG's defense, it wasn't they who violated any treaties to be on the 'opposite' side of the war.

It was pretty clear a significant portion (a much larger portion than OG represented) of Citadel would be on the side that became known as Karma before the war started. TOP was something of a wild card, while Umbrella, Gremlins, and FCC (I think) were more closely aligned with the Karma side. Even if the others broke the letter of the treaty, I don't think it's much in the spirit of a treaty to peg yourself to a course of action directly opposed to the majority of your blocmates.

Edited by Gruthenia

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never said she would control it. They just didn't have the heart to throw out Reyne it seems.

Heinous, I've always thought you were a very intelligent poster, but you can't tell me the reason Argent was admitted was so Reyne could join us if they expelled Old Guard.

Heinous, I've always thought you were a very intelligent poster, but you can't tell me the reason Argent was admitted was so Reyne could join us if they expelled Old Guard.

You are wrongly connecting the dots Poobah.

We saw in Twip that you guys were continuously looking at new alliances for Citadel. None have been let in until finally Argent made the grade. No, Reyne was not the reason for allowing you guys in but you guys being voted in was taken advantage of. That seems to me to be rather obvious considering two of OG's leaders went to you guys.

You are wrongly connecting the dots Poobah.

We saw in Twip that you guys were continuously looking at new alliances for Citadel. None have been let in until finally Argent made the grade. No, Reyne was not the reason for allowing you guys in but you guys being voted in was taken advantage of. That seems to me to be rather obvious considering two of OG's leaders went to you guys.

My mistake then, thank you for the clarification.

I'll respectfully disagree that we have been taken advantage of, because that is a matter of perspective.

My mistake then, thank you for the clarification.

I'll respectfully disagree that we have been taken advantage of, because that is a matter of perspective.

I will agree that you are standing in a position of much more knowledge compared to me. This circulates to my initial post here about the details being kept private, which is of course the right of Citadel, but this will leave open the opportunity for people to speculate and push forth their speculative opinions. Due to truth being 9/10ths perception this can be a dangerous opening to leave to the world community to fill in especially considering what we all saw in Twip.

I will agree that you are standing in a position of much more knowledge compared to me. This circulates to my initial post here about the details being kept private, which is of course the right of Citadel, but this will leave open the opportunity for people to speculate and push forth their speculative opinions. Due to truth being 9/10ths perception this can be a dangerous opening to leave to the world community to fill in especially considering what we all saw in Twip.

I can say with 100% certainty that there was no conspiracy or planning to keep Reyne in Citadel. It is, as stated, an interesting situation. Sometimes the chips fall where they do and that's all there is to it.

:)

Interesting development, good luck OG.

If you dismiss a bloc member with the ease you seem to require then its not much of a bloc.

Well, when they side with morons in a conflict it doesn't really take much thought to realize they're worthless, now does it? :v:

Expected. Very, very expected.

But also sad.

Maybe even unfortunate, since as others have suggested, it doesn't seem to actually address the real problem, such as it was. If the guilty party goes free, and the people who are punished for the crime erred more through inaction than action, has justice really been served? If said punishment also deprives the entire bloc of about 2 million NS (give or take, post-rebuilding), and accomplishes little of substance, was it a wise decision? Or was it an act fueled by anger and hurt feelings?

I still have much love for the people of Citadel, but I think this may ultimately have been a mistake.

It may even set a dangerous precedent, since I can think of at least two incidents in the past where the judgment and/or integrity of a Citadel alliance's leadership was called into question, and angry words and hurt feelings absolutely came into play. Where would Citadel be now if either (or both) of those issues had been pushed to the point of punishing an entire alliance with expulsion?

I think there were other options that could have been pursued. I'm not sure they were considered as strongly as they should have been, or WOULD have been, if not for people nursing old grudges and looking for payback rather than resolution.