(DENN) - NEO 68430256 Identified on Impact Course

Maelstrom Vortex

OOC: What do you teach?

EDIT: I don't my post is clear enough that I do want to provide LVN a chance to respond. I would feel bad if he thought any other way. Actually I think given the complexities of everything it would be best to actually plan these things out via PM a little (never tried it before but figure that a non-cannon event seems like the best way)

OOC: PHY 111 and PHY 112 labs. Now for some fun...

IC: The packages were delivered, the Aether Empire ghost-fleet/anti-nautical defense systems...

Since it's unveiling at Teaunus (with the systems destroyed after-wards to hide any evidence the Aether Empire had advanced it's strategy and it's technology for usage in nautical conflict creating more realistic sound forms and providing alternative platform for launch applications. The system was now a medley of the paradigms of anti-air combat and the ghost defense system from before.

The Ghost Fleet was a secret Aether Empire military defense system that utilized the trust placed in SONAR systems against it's owners by deploying a large-scale sound system to the combat vicinity which implemented the technologies of 3-D sound developed for media enthusiasts on a military scale, precision and platform. Instead of inspiring movie watchers that mosquitos were really buzzing next to their right ear however, this system sought to create a full-scale 3-D system that imitated the patterns and signatures of a well-developed and muffled sub fleet from real SONAR data collected by the Aether Empire.

When the enemy naval fleet approached the point of the ghost fleets operation the system could be activated and operated remotely through cable or narrow-beam communication at a remote point. Or even normal radio waves via a relay station that submarines of this form would normally utilize (setting out the long band antenna for some time behind the drop point of the speaker system).

As the speaker control system need not be located at the coordinates of the naval force itself, this made the production of such systems near and around the Aether Empire relatively cheap. Especially with their recent industrial explosion in the region. (The plants could be masked as Tensor-Industry facilities producing entertainment components and the bored under-paid workers would never know the difference when their hands met the assembly lines).

Combined with this however, was the implementation of a new military naval platform that would allow the Aether Empire a strategic defensive posture against opponents with a blue water navy using only minor vessels. While imobile, it allowed an impressive military platform for launching munitions against multiple blue water targets in strategically important territories... such as pinch points like the Straits of Gibraltar, the Red Sea, the Arabian Gulf... ect.

Their low profile and deployment package meant that the systems could be deployed in covert via practically brown-water navies through commercial deployment craft such as owned and operated with ease by Tensor Industries. They could be deployed at these locations even under the monitor of foreign forces and when done would simply seem like yet another rock or accidentally dropped anchor on the ocean floor. If even that (the systems package size as noted need not be large).

Based off immobile anti-air batteries designed for ocean-based deployment the systems would wait and together when enemy forces en route to their destination passed near the location or attempted to make a water based landing, they could initiate in unison.

However, they would not necessarily deploy with an anonymous banner. So it would be a thing of shock, when the two super-cruisers and the anti-asteroid Earth based "heros" ran into a submarine fleet of none other then six Seawolf Class Sino sub signatures with torpedoes blazing through the water one after another swamping all the ships in the region with torpedoes, some fake decoys produced by the "Ghost Fleet" sound system and others launched from the sub SONAR location vectors heading straight for their targets. The targets had been tracked to their locations via logistics trails left and then picked up and tracked by Tensor Industries by passively watching the market providing an economic vantage point to be unioned with Aether Empire military intel observations from covert locations. The weapon systems were then deployed into a required target stop and the rest would be history (although the victor was not yet determined).

OOC: In other words, when your ships reach the region near Rebel Army (The location of the Space Elevator unless my memory suits me wrong... so many things to remember) then my turrets will fire and the speaker system will activate. Do read the description though as it's not your run of the mill surround sound system that only gives impression in the distance. These things are and have been built and output since the seventies and I have deployed seven speakers to the region of interest via commercial transports (not military so that's why I generally don't describe how many I have any more then I figure you'd describe how many commercial transport ships your nation had coming in and out... they just sort of pop into and out of existence O_o). There are about 15 naval defense batteries in the region as well (they're not that expensive to make as it's just like AA platform for torpedoes instead of rockets designed to be water tight and... well it's all in my factbook as well). The event that I was going to describe will occur when you get closer to your final destination. It is a reaction event, that way it doesn't seem like I'm not acting at all (I'm having these units open fire first).

Edited by Zarfef

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Super cruiser captains continued on with secure knowledge that no enemy vessels were in the area, as they were nearing the coast of South America, and were still in Aotearoan EEZ.

OOC: Ok. List what actual units you have. Where they are. And don't try to godmod like that. Try reading my factbook.

Edited by LeVentNoir

OOC:I certainly wasn't attempting to God-mod I did want you to have a chance to respond but I wanted to make clear that I wasn't coming with too few guns and I wasn't coming without some cards up my sleeve as well. That stated, I'd love to work out how this turns out via PM to keep our OOC to a minimum and not turn this into an OOC war, do PM me.

-Zarfef

Edited by Zarfef

OOC:I certainly wasn't attempting to God-mod I did want you to have a chance to respond but I wanted to make clear that I wasn't coming with too few guns and I wasn't coming without some cards up my sleeve as well. That stated, I'd love to work out how this turns out via PM to keep our OOC to a minimum and not turn this into an OOC war, do PM me.

-Zarfef

OOC: No navy IG, no navy in RP, hence, you can't attack me unless I pass near your coast, which I am not doing.

OOC: No navy IG, no navy in RP, hence, you can't attack me unless I pass near your coast, which I am not doing.

OOC: Um... he never said anything about having a navy. His ghost fleet is a ruse, unless you're telling people they cannot come up with creative ways to scare the living bejesus out of people? He can have anti-ship weapons without a navy as well, there's no rule against that. Personally, I've heard of what he's doing with holograms (Star Wars book, sue me), and this is very similar and very ingenious. I welcome the creativity.

OOC: Um... he never said anything about having a navy. His ghost fleet is a ruse, unless you're telling people they cannot come up with creative ways to scare the living bejesus out of people? He can have anti-ship weapons without a navy as well, there's no rule against that. Personally, I've heard of what he's doing with holograms (Star Wars book, sue me), and this is very similar and very ingenious. I welcome the creativity.

OOC: He is in the red sea, I am in the pacific. He needs a navy.

OOC: Zarfef, note that the Space Elevator is in the RA territory just a bit north of Transvaal, so LVN could easily get there without going through your territory.

OOC: Moving through my territory wasn't something I required. I am moving this equipment out to a territory to intercept his units en-route on his path of taking (which is why I required Tensor Industries to watch the market and the huge flow of materials required to get this thing in motion) You're basically forming a Manhattan project style component in two months and I haven't heard anything about trying to keep it completely secret anyways. It should be traceable. Let's keep OOC to PM though.

OOC: Moving through my territory wasn't something I required. I am moving this equipment out to a territory to intercept his units en-route on his path of taking (which is why I required Tensor Industries to watch the market and the huge flow of materials required to get this thing in motion) You're basically forming a Manhattan project style component in two months and I haven't heard anything about trying to keep it completely secret anyways. It should be traceable. Let's keep OOC to PM though.

OOC: Knowing its going on yes. Finding and tracking my stealth ships to race ahead of them and plant a set of super sized speakers in the middle of the atlantic when all you are allowed to RP is brow water coastguards? No.

OOC: Knowing its going on yes. Finding and tracking my stealth ships to race ahead of them and plant a set of super sized speakers in the middle of the atlantic when all you are allowed to RP is brow water coastguards? No.

OOC: Civilian vessels can be much larger and do the same thing for him. I have Xaristan Oil Inc. with their oil tankers, and cruise ships for tourism. If I wanted, I could have either of those ships do the same thing for me. Simply because he threw a kink into your plans doesn't mean it should be invalidated.

Why haven’t we launched the missles? If we launch now and fail there’s still the option of a second, third, or even forth volley.

There isn’t time for convoluted plans, the only plan we should be considering is overwhelming nuclear force.

OOC: He is in the red sea, I am in the pacific. He needs a navy.
This thread is so uncannon we shouldn’t be nitpicking the rules of CNRP, as an unofficial thread it is ultimately Maelstrom Vortex’s decision whether or not Zarfef can do that. I personally think a little opposition makes things interesting, otherwise it’ll be too easy. Edited by Generalissimo

OOC: Did either of you read his post? He doesn't need an IG navy to do what he did. All he needs are an appropriate number of civilian vessels, which any nation could own.

ooc: A mock up fleet would be allowable, but I think GA's going to see through it.. all the same, he can try.

By this time, the GA fleet had traversed into the atlantic, and was half way across, heading right for the Equatorial Star, with full stealth mode still active.

**To RA**

For enhanced speed, could we please have all other vessels (non RA, non GA) cleared from the the Gabon estuary, and an area extending 100km from it? It is a rather narrow (14km) place to bring large vessels in through at speeds, and we do not want to have to dodge smaller craft.

Edited by LeVentNoir

ooc: A mock up fleet would be allowable, but I think GA's going to see through it.. all the same, he can try.

OOC: I agree with this statement. He has done nothing that violates any rules whatsoever, and should be allowed to continue it once LVN gets close enough to initiate it and respond to it.