Bioweapons and WMD

Firestorm

I'm of the opinion that there ought to be a significant amount of research put into these devices. The Bioweapons being shot around like snot rockets rarely seem to have any sort of development role play. If they were acquired out of country they often don't seem to have any storyline to reflect it.

I'm not against bioweapons at all as they are an element of RP that can bring some interesting storylines into play. Personally, if I found out someone was developing bioweapons and they were a neighbor of mine I'd have to consider using force to stop them. Yet, without a development role play I have no possible way to discover this or interfere with it.

Just my thoughts..

discuss.

Indeed, they should be role-played. Perhaps not extremely extensively...after all, this is still role-play, and not everyone has the time or inclination to look up every little detail.

But more than just a simple one-liner saying ***Classified*** We are now researching such-and-such, kthnxbai."

Theoretically, the Diberian Zombie Virus is a bioweapon due to Aperture Science developing it (sorry I never RP'ed its development, I was very new to the RP scene back then). At least it has hundreds of related posts & advanced information backing it now.

Anyway, I agree that their development should be thoroughly RP'ed. But if they are a new RP'er and not exactly following the rule (most likely from inexperience), there should be some guided leeway.

Edited by JerreyRough

leeway in being able to redo it so they can get it right. I don't like the idea of giving anyone leeway when it comes to weapons of mass destruction.

I agree.

By guided leeway, I mean killing the RP (unless its a trivial matter/weapon), either telling or showing them how to do it, then restarting it.

But some bioweapons are remarkably simple to produce. If you are using mustard gas, or some other poison that has been around for decades, a short little "look at me, I've got poison" is all that is needed. However, if you have a smallpox bomb, that will be a little harder to explain.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail I

But some bioweapons are remarkably simple to produce. If you are using mustard gas, or some other poison that has been around for decades, a short little "look at me, I've got poison" is all that is needed. However, if you have a smallpox bomb, that will be a little harder to explain.

Mustard gas isn't a bioweapon... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_warfare and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_warfare

Edit: But in general I agree with this, especially Biological weapons should have background RP due to the threat they pose to a nation.

Edited by Centurius

Duct tape all doors, windows, et cetera closed until chemicals disperse, which takes at most 2-4 days, depending on the winds.

Problem solved.

Ah. Doesn't it need to be airtight? I was actually thinking about using them on the battlefield, but I guess modern armies are probably equipped for chemical warfare anyway.

Keep in mind that anyone with a roll of duct tape and some common sense can protect themselves from a chemical weapons attack. I'd hardly get to worked up about such an event.

This is true...I know a girl that wore a duct tape dress to prom, if a chemical attack would have happened, she would have been fine.

This is true...I know a girl that wore a duct tape dress to prom, if a chemical attack would have happened, she would have been fine.

I doubt her face was covered in duct tape, so she would still be affected.

Duct tape all doors, windows, et cetera closed until chemicals disperse, which takes at most 2-4 days, depending on the winds.

Problem solved.

You do not have two days of air in a normal house. Then again, if it was not airtight, which is nigh impossible, you would be effected.

Keep in mind that anyone with a roll of duct tape and some common sense can protect themselves from a chemical weapons attack. I'd hardly get to worked up about such an event.

Thats a lie and you know it :lol1:

the only way to protect yourself was to seal yourself in a room. Which means you have limited air supply. So instead of death by chemical weapons you'd die by suffocation. :ph34r:

Thats a lie and you know it :lol1:

the only way to protect yourself was to seal yourself in a room. Which means you have limited air supply. So instead of death by chemical weapons you'd die by suffocation. :ph34r:

Yep. So in that case, you have a choice. Which is the lesser of two evils?

It's true! With duct tape you can achieve anything! I'm even working on an anti-nuclear SDI system with Possum lodge to stop nuclear missiles... unfortunately the heat and humidity near the equator might prove to be a problem when it starts to fall off... for nuclear or chemical attacks.

It's true! With duct tape you can achieve anything! I'm even working on an anti-nuclear SDI system with Possum lodge to stop nuclear missiles... unfortunately the heat and humidity near the equator might prove to be a problem when it starts to fall off... for nuclear or chemical attacks.

Nonsense. If it starts to come off, just put more on top of it. Soon you will have duct tape a mile thick! Let's see a nuke get through that!

http://www.nationalterroralert.com/saferoom/

see here for a better use of duct tape.

Eh... I would say that is more or less like the old nuclear drills where people duck under their desk. Perhapses it would protect you from a more crude chemical weapon or even a normal one, but not something like VX which persists for many days and acts as an area denial weapon. Also why do we need to RP the creation of thermobaric weapons... that would be like having to RP the creation of Semtex. While it is a strategic weapon its fairly straighforward in concept, unlike EMP/Chemical/bio weapons.

Edited by iamthey