CN Time Table

Jomisari

Some months ago I introduced CN to a friend of mine who, after a while, also started to play the game under the name "Booth". But before starting to play, he became interested in CN history and decided to start working on a time scale based on our calendar.

Unfortunately, sometime after he started playing, he had stop due to certain complications (he was sketchy on the details).

Feeling that a good work can't go to waste I decided to post it here (like he origially intended to) so all the comunity can judge and evaluate it.

Bellow is part of his original post on NSO forums

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel that a universe so diverse like CN deserves a time scale of it's one, so I decided to create a time table for it.

The result is this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FA6TQA1A

Basically:

- one week on "Old Earth" (OE) = one year on Planet Bob (PB)

- the Common Era (CE) starts on the 1st of January 2006*, with the first week of that year corresponding to year one of said era

- each year starts on a Sunday and ends the following Saturday

- each day of the week correponds to certain month(s), so that:

- Sunday = January/February

- Monday = March/April

- Tuesday = May/June

- Wednesday = July

- Thursday = August

- Friday = September/October

- Saturday = November/December

- the main summer months (July and August) get months of their own mainly because of their military importance: summer historicaly corrresponds to a higher military activity

- in all two month days, the first month correspond to the first 12 hours of that day and the other month to the remaining 12 hours

The months, days and hours are all in accordance with CN server time.

*I know CN started on the 6th but I choose this date cause it makes calculations alot simpler

I would to know what you think and if I should change or add something.

All options matter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, all credits go to Booth.

If you have any question feel free to ask - we see each other alot so I can ask him directly.

Edited by Jomisari

- the main summer months (July and August) get months of their own mainly because of their military importance - summer historicaly corrresponds to a higher military activity

Not really.

2007: GW2, January; GW3, April/May; UjW: September

2008: Polar/Hyperion: August

2009: Karma War: April/May

I think he's saying that historically, in RL, military campaigns are undertaken in the Summer months and that July and August are the prime for this. That's the only conclusion I can think of that makes sense, anyway, aside from needing a simple excuse to give two days their own month because 12/7 is not a whole number.

I think he's saying that historically, in RL, military campaigns are undertaken in the Summer months and that July and August are the prime for this. That's the only conclusion I can think of that makes sense, anyway, aside from needing a simple excuse to give two days their own month because 12/7 is not a whole number.

Well you don't need to use earth months, you could just make up 7 months for the CN calendar.

168 Hours (7*24) IS divisible by 12 though, so you could just make a month 14 hours long, and a day 28 minutes long.

That said, I think CN progresses in real time.

Edited by James Dahl

Yes, I think that was what he had in mind.

Well you don't need to use earth months, you could just make up 7 months for the CN calendar.

168 Hours (7*24) IS divisible by 12 though, so you could just make a month 14 hours long, and a day 28 minutes long.

That said, I think CN progresses in real time.

We could but I think that would make calculations alot harder and complicated - besides it's easier for us to guide ourselves through Earth's months.

Edited by Jomisari

And FAN fought a 70+ year war of occupation!

Speaking of which here some examples he also posted on NSO forums:

- The Karma War started in 173 CE;

- The First Great War was fought between 28 and 31 CE (aprox. 2 years and 8 months);

- The Farklands War was fought between 54 and 76 CE (aprox. 21 years and 10 months);

- The Third Great War was fought between 64 and 67 CE (aprox. 3 years and 10 months);

- VietFan spawned for 73 years and 6 months, from 103 to 176 CE;

Edited by Jomisari

I have two eras

NPO-era.

Post-NPO.

We are currently transitioning into the post-NPO era... although some would argue we are already there, but things are still changing can greatly change.

Edit: So what is it? Year 5 P.N.? Vox was founded 12 N.E! Okay yeah it probably won't go anywhere but it's an idea.

Edited by Republic of Roma

And FAN fought a 70+ year war of occupation!

I guess that makes all the FAN members we see here not the original members but their very similar grandchildren :awesome:

Also please use earth time cause while things may progress faster politically in CN (all of our history is less then 5 years) it still makes more sense to use RL time

It works in real time, because some of the personalities from the very first days of CN are still here and just as alive as ever.

I guess that's the biggest flaw in his work - although we can say that certain persons in Planet Bob can live for 200 years or so.

1) 1/14/2006 (1,257 Days) - das girl of acornia - Brown Team

Shes 207 CN years old!!

-Mat Miller is only 188 CN years old

-Moo-Cows is 205 CN years old

-The topicstarter is 39 CN years old (having a midlife crisis?)

-I'm 137 CN years old ( I do feel old :D )

1) 1/14/2006 (1,257 Days) - das girl of acornia - Brown Team

Shes 207 CN years old!!

-Mat Miller is only 188 CN years old

-Moo-Cows is 205 CN years old

-The topicstarter is 39 CN years old (having a midlife crisis?)

-I'm 137 CN years old ( I do feel old :D )

Providing that we ruled our nations from birth.

Here's me in my first war:

babychoppa1119.jpg

Precosis little scamp ain't I? :D

Edit: I think you miscalculated

- Shes actually 179 CN years old.

- Mat Miller is only 163 Cn years old.

- Moo-Cows is 178 CN years old.

- I'm 19 CN years old (so, if anything, I'm having a teenage depression).

- You are 110 CN years old.

Edited by Jomisari

Some months ago I introduced CN to a friend of mine who, after a while, also started to play the game under the name "Booth". But before starting to play, he became interested in CN history and decided to start working on a time scale based on our calendar.

Unfortunately, sometime after he started playing, he had stop due to certain complications (he was sketchy on the details).

Feeling that a good work can't go to waste I decided to post it here (like he origially intended to) so all the comunity can judge and evaluate it.

Bellow is part of his original post on NSO forums

I feel that a universe so diverse like CN deserves a time scale of it's one, so I decided to create a time table for it.

The result is this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FA6TQA1A

Basically:

- one week on "Old Earth" (OE) = one year on Planet Bob (PB)

- the Common Era (CE) starts on the 1st of January 2006*, with the first week of that year corresponding to year one of said era

- each year starts on a Sunday and ends the following Saturday

- each day of the week correponds to certain month(s), so that:

- Sunday = January/February

- Monday = March/April

- Tuesday = May/June

- Wednesday = July

- Thursday = August

- Friday = September/October

- Saturday = November/December

- the main summer months (July and August) get months of their own mainly because of their military importance: summer historicaly corrresponds to a higher military activity

- in all two month days, the first month correspond to the first 12 hours of that day and the other month to the remaining 12 hours

The months, days and hours are all in accordance with CN server time.

*I know CN started on the 6th but I choose this date cause it makes calculations alot simpler

I would to know what you think and if I should change or add something.

All options matter.

Again, all credits go to Booth.

If you have any question feel free to ask - we see each other alot so I can ask him directly.

i think some actual historical events like the firs great war or something like that would be cool to read about

or should i just go to the wiki?

Happy April, 183 CE everyone!

Demensia was founded in July, of the year 27. We will be celebrating our 157th anniversary in a matter of months. (Apparently July 1st?)

I would recommend that, since this is meant to provide a realistic CN time, we ignore that Wednesday and Thursday are the days war is supposedly more focused on, and instead move those two days to Friday and Saturday as those are the days war declarations/war tension is highest, historically (school's out for the week for students).

Edited by Dementual

I would recommend that, since this is meant to provide a realistic CN time, we ignore that Wednesday and Thursday are the days war is supposedly more focused on, and instead move those two days to Friday and Saturday as those are the days war declarations/war tension is highest, historically (school's out for the week for students).

He originally thought to have those days in the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) when most of us have more free time and, therefore, more time to play CN.