So, how do I go about actually contacting an alliance myself?

Mesteut

Well, at the beginning of the game, I just ignored all alliance messages (which = treating every single alliance invitation as a spam mail mentioning hot singles in my hometown). Now, the thing is, as I go on in the game, I'm finding out that an alliance can provide me protection - which means I can keep my tech levels low to sell technology and fund my infrastructure advancement without the defensive disadvantage of low technology levels. As most of my trading is with the maroon team, I was searching for a maroon alliance, which seems to be the "Commonwealth of Sovereign Nations(?)". Yet all the invitation mails that came bombarding into my mailbox are now non-existant. Can anyone help me contact them? (Or point me to an alliance that might suit my needs listed above?)

In this topic you find the forums and IRC channels of each alliance that puts it there. The Commonwealth of Sovereign Nations forums are located here and their IRC channel is #csn on Coldfront.

If you need help learning how to IRC, go to mibbit.com, click on "start chatting now", click on Coldfront (webirc) on the drop-down menu, and put #csn as the channel name to join. You'll be put into their channel, and from there you should be able to ask how to use IRC and contact a member.

Edited by Sargun

I don't have their contact details at hand but I do know our alliance accepts members from all team colours and we are currently recruiting new members. Come drop by sometime at http://z9.invisionfree.com/GLOP.

We offer very attractive nation building programs (there's a $3 million payment just for joining) and strong military protection from raiders.

Hope to see you soon!